Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
Is there any way to disable the factory "safe modes" associated with high inferred oil temp on the factory gauge? I have several cooling mods, including race louvers on the hood, and I am now seeing approx. 40 deg difference between my mechanical oil temp gauge, and the factory inferred temp (mech gauge reads 245, and inferred temp is in the yellow, where the ECU starts pulling boost, approx 285).
Where ia the gauge reading? Is reading oil from the engine or from the cooler. ?
Sponsored

SVO MkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost, 6sp, PP, 2017 GT Convertible

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Sandwich plate at filter.
I mean. Is the oil.comung back from the cooler or the one coming from engine.
Cause i saw this.hugh discrepancy too with the temp of the oil coming from the cooler.in Normal.usage (Like highway reql gauge 160f vs 210 in the green yellow red gauge)

paulm1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
pau
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT mustang
Cause i saw this.hugh discrepancy too with the temp of the oil coming from the cooler.in Normal.usage (Like highway reql gauge 160f vs 210 in the green yellow red gauge)
10 qts of oil is a lot to cool IMO. If the volume was less you would probably see a smaller discrepancy? The only way to cool more faster is increase the size of inlet / outlet hoses and orifices in the cooler itself.

SVO MkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure, but I doubt the little Mishi oil cooler is having much effect on the oil temp. When I first installed just the oil cooler, the actual and inferred temps were pretty close to the same. It wasn't until after I installed the hood vent that the actual/inferred temps spread to about 40 deg diff. I suspect this was driven largely by the drop in coolant temps associated with the hood vent.

FWIW, I sent a question to COBB to see if any of their tuning products would permit changing the failsafe that is actuated by the ECU inferred oil temp. Good news = Yes, Accesstuner will allow you to change these parameters. Bad news = Accesstuner is temporarily unavailable due to the EPA kerfuffle.

Sponsored

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mishi drops 20f. Measured on inlet and outlet. Not a lot. For big usage. On. Daily usage definitely enough

SVO MkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mishi drops 20f. Measured on inlet and outlet. Not a lot. For big usage. On. Daily usage definitely enough
On the Ecoboost, it's more like 5-10 deg.

Plimmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Is there any way to disable the factory "safe modes" associated with high inferred oil temp on the factory gauge? I have several cooling mods, including race louvers on the hood, and I am now seeing approx. 40 deg difference between my mechanical oil temp gauge, and the factory inferred temp (mech gauge reads 245, and inferred temp is in the yellow, where the ECU starts pulling boost, approx 285).
Might be a way to disable the factory safes but you’ll need something like HPTUNERS or Cobb for the eco boost. I’m not familiar with the eco tune, but the 5.0 has a few tables you can change to remove or reduce the effects of temperature in the tune.

SVO MkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Might be a way to disable the factory safes but you’ll need something like HPTUNERS or Cobb for the eco boost. I’m not familiar with the eco tune, but the 5.0 has a few tables you can change to remove or reduce the effects of temperature in the tune.
Yes, I reached out to COBB support. They confirmed that their Accesstuner would allow modifications to the temp related failsafes. Unfortunately, they have temporarily pulled the Accesstuner product while they are sorting out the EPA crap.

ZPD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
I wond
Yes, I reached out to COBB support. They confirmed that their Accesstuner would allow modifications to the temp related failsafes. Unfortunately, they have temporarily pulled the Accesstuner product while they are sorting out the EPA crap.
I wonder if you could do it with Forscan?

Sponsored

ihasnostang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Saturn ion, 2019 201A, EB PP1, Ruby Red
Not sure, but I doubt the little Mishi oil cooler is having much effect on the oil temp. When I first installed just the oil cooler, the actual and inferred temps were pretty close to the same. It wasn't until after I installed the hood vent that the actual/inferred temps spread to about 40 deg diff. I suspect this was driven largely by the drop in coolant temps associated with the hood vent.

FWIW, I sent a question to COBB to see if any of their tuning products would permit changing the failsafe that is actuated by the ECU inferred oil temp. Good news = Yes, Accesstuner will allow you to change these parameters. Bad news = Accesstuner is temporarily unavailable due to the EPA kerfuffle.
Did you figure out a way to share your footage?

SVO MkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you figure out a way to share your footage?
No. I think I need to upgrade to the pay version. The best I can do is share screenshots. This was from last Friday at Road America. The 2:41.9 was my best lap time of the day. I think there is probably a little more room for improvement, but 2:41 for a stock motor Ecostang at Road America is pretty decent.
Screenshot_20220505-113819.png

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
No. I think I need to upgrade to the pay version. The best I can do is share screenshots. This was from last Friday at Road America. The 2:41.9 was my best lap time of the day. I think there is probably a little more room for improvement, but 2:41 for a stock motor Ecostang at Road America is pretty decent.
Screenshot_20220505-113819.png
If you download Race Render, you can transfer your Track Addicts data to it and make videos that way. I make youtube videos from it and submit for online coaching.

Shotgunut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shotgunut
Vehicle(s)
17 4bang stang premium!
Mishimoto intercooler and made a duct for it that feeds from the lower grill inlet. Wanted two separate ducts because air flows through the radiator much easier than the intercooler so without them separated there would be less flow trough the intercooler than separated. Goal was to improve the efficiency of this intercooler to avoid having to go bigger. Don’t want the weight or the IC in front of the rad.

25597E7A-3501-4F04-9671-76D91D6D6C6F.jpeg
May I ask why you changed this setup?
Sponsored