Taller CFTP Wing standoff options ?

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
Im your 181 mph testbed. All I need is to borrow your wing. I'll take good care of it....I promise.

Better yet, give it to goose, he does those kinds of speeds on public streets.
The wing isnt what I am worried about handling the downforce, its the brackets or the decklid buckling, remember its roughly 3" higher and unless you use the right material you run the risk of it buckling.

And Tom, you have a better chance of getting struck by lightning twice then getting my wing that I almost had to sell a nut for :D
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
The wing isnt what I am worried about handling the downforce, its the brackets or the decklid buckling, remember its roughly 3" higher and unless you use the right material you run the risk of it buckling.

And Tom, you have a better chance of getting struck by lightning twice then getting my wing that I almost had to sell a nut for :D
I'm not worried about the downforce.

For a project like this to get off the ground, there would have to be a replica of the multimatic unit. I can say that I'm not interested in something that doesn't look and perform like the real thing.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Just pointing out that it really isn't that complicated to get the ball rolling and come up with a digital file that can then be manipulated into whatever you'd like...

Sponsored

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford GT500, 2021 Jeep Trackhawk
Kevin from 5 spurs said they're unable to to make them at this time.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Just pointing out that it really isn't that complicated to get the ball rolling and come up with a digital file that can then be manipulated into whatever you'd like...
You mean like an original multimatic mount?

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Again, the contours of the MM base are quite a bit more complicated than the rather simple shape of the CFTP base and as I mentioned earlier, you are looking at a 5-axis due to complexity. The CFTP base is what I was referring to and that is why I posted images of just that.

Last edited:

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
I don't have much to add here except money. If a group buy ever gets up and going - please count my money in.

Unfortunate a previous vendor ruined this for us.

Twenty4/7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2021 RR GT500
wouldnt it be easier to just make a riser/spacers like they do for other cars? this is obviously super dramatic but you see the concept. more adjustments could be added to a space like this easily also
FS.POR_.981GT4.WR11.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You could also make upright bracket extenders, tastefully, like what I see available for Porsches, etc. Not what I want but may work for somebody else.

OP
OP
EF300

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
If they could be matched to the stock piano black I would be interested. Obviously I would prefer the actual amounts from Multimatic. Really sucks this got screwed up. I don’t understand why it is such a big deal for them to sell those mounts. I mean you would think I’m asking to bang somebody’s wife. I just want some goddamn taller standoffs.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Who does the overlay Jaime?
If they could be matched to the stock piano black I would be interested. Obviously I would prefer the actual amounts from Multimatic. Really sucks this got screwed up. I don’t understand why it is such a big deal for them to sell those mounts. I mean you would think I’m asking to bang somebody’s wife. I just want some goddamn taller standoffs.
Let's chat in the swingers section :shock:

WCRookie99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2010 Porsche Carrera S, 2022 LH5
Call Multimatic. They normally have every part on the GT4 in stock. Now, maybe the story is they will only sell the parts to a GT4 Team, which is understandable.

Just a note, in the past they will sell off all the inventory at the end of the Cars Pro racing life. In the case of the Boss R, I believe Kohr Motorsport bought everything.

Plan B, call James Pesek, he seems really nice

Plan C, go to VIR this weekend and talk to the #40 Team or Multimatic in person, Road Atlanta next month. Best way, IMO (if you do this, don’t try to talk to them on race day, practice days are best)

Last edited: