Sponsored

Anderson Composites GT500 CFTP Wing Showed Up..

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
To those not understanding foam itself and the strength behind it. It’s extremely strong. I do foaming for insulation open, and closed cell foams of different densities depending on the job. The foam adds a tremendous amount of strength to anything it’s applied too. I mean, they have diff purposes but it’s really crazy the amount of integrity they ad the surface or application.

I foamed a water gallon jug few years back, and it took on the density of a bowling ball in feel.

I can very well believe hollow core being garbage and add a little foam being a world of difference.

Now are they precut cores? Or do they make the wing hollow then run the foam mix inside causing it to expand and fill it up? Because if not done right would literally split apart. Foam has crazy amounts of heat and it rises like a loaf in the oven.

I’m assuming they insert a cut piece formed foam into it
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
@Epiphany ,

Are you going to take that wing apart any more than just cutting it in half or not?

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Anderson has asked me to return the original. Had they not, I'd have loved to have conducted a thorough look. But since they did, I feel obligated to leave it as is and let them do with it as they please.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I wonder what they are afraid of? They asked you to chop it in half and render it useless. Then they want the pieces? Why not just ask for the wing back and spare you the implementation of a power tool to a part. Im glad you didn't chop a finger off.

It all doesn't make sense. AC is a company of questionable business practices. Why ask you to chop it in half in the first place and then ask for it all back?

Thanks for posting your experience so far. It is apparent to me that AC is business as usual and that if anyone's CF product arrives damaged, you can expect more of the same.

I think I'm going to tell the person who ordered a wing for me to call and have them cancel the order. Its obviously a fragile piece of crap that can't survive shipping in a box that had no real apparent damage. Maybe thats why they wanted the wing back after analysis.

I'm sure the next wing you receive will be ok with glowing reviews.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500
Whats weird is……. Recently, the non oem ford stuff i got from Anderson….the packaging was a anything but the greatest for how expensive and fragile the doors, decklids, side skirts were. I was pretty shocked at how unprotected the doors came, and the decklid.

the ford performance cf hood vent i got for my gt500, also made by them, was insanely packaged to the point nothing was going to damage it.

also my cf gt350 hood from anderson was very very well packaged….2019 purchase.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
I really believe wherever these are coming from AC isnt opening the box and just sending it out, because really it would defeat the purpose to rebox it up, but thats my guess.

If I knew this was going to be such a crap show, I would have given my wing to the place that fixed my blemishes and had them replicate the whole thing over the winter, they told me they needed it to digitally scan it and it would take 60 days to make 1 wing. Being driving season has begun, I cant be without my wing, but in all seriousness, if this is still an issue by Fall, I'll give up my wing to the place and have them make a dupe and if it comes out good and there is still a true want, I'll try to work something out with the place.

I just never thought this would still be a cluster screw up.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I really believe wherever these are coming from AC isnt opening the box and just sending it out, because really it would defeat the purpose to rebox it up, but thats my guess.

If I knew this was going to be such a crap show, I would have given my wing to the place that fixed my blemishes and had them replicate the whole thing over the winter, they told me they needed it to digitally scan it and it would take 60 days to make 1 wing. Being driving season has begun, I cant be without my wing, but in all seriousness, if this is still an issue by Fall, I'll give up my wing to the place and have them make a dupe and if it comes out good and there is still a true want, I'll try to work something out with the place.

I just never thought this would still be a cluster screw up.
I’ve been trying to get this exact thing going with Terrance at Signature. I found a guy in Jersey who has an OEM he’s not actively using and said he’d be willing to send it to Terrance for scanning.
But, I haven’t heard of any movement on this endeavor so I’m not holding my breath but will keep my fingers crossed.

Sponsored

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I’ve been trying to get this exact thing going with Terrance at Signature. I found a guy in Jersey who has an OEM he’s not actively using and said he’d be willing to send it to Terrance for scanning.
But, I haven’t heard of any movement on this endeavor so I’m not holding my breath but will keep my fingers crossed.
Whos not moving Signature or the guy willing to give up the wing?

If Terrance isnt moving on it, and if the Jersey guy is willing to still loan out the wing, I will reach out to my guy. I live in SNJ so I'd even go pick it up so there would be no shipping fees and that wing would never be handled by any unknown as I would be hand delivering it to my guy. I would need the brackets and dog bones as well.

Let me know.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)

If Terrance isnt moving on it, and if the Jersey guy is willing to still loan out the wing, I will reach out to my guy. I live in SNJ so I'd even go pick it up so there would be no shipping fees and that wing would never be handled by any unknown as I would be hand delivering it to my guy. I would need the brackets and dog bones as well.

Let me know.
I would reach out to your guy. T is a wheel salesman who reached out to someone else to make a vent. The manufacturing process for a wing is somewhat complex. The examples from AC and OEM are 6 pieces epoxied together. You have the top and the bottom of the wing each requiring a seperate mold. Each other part has to be made separately. This whole process requires a good working knowledge of composites. To be able to handle the loads, it would have to be engineered and suitable for those kinds of forces. If the intent is a cars and coffee showpiece, then construction wouldn't be as critical. But if the wing is going to be out on the track, it would have to be something that is strong enough for the job.

If the price is right, I'd buy a showpiece not for track duty.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I would reach out to your guy. T is a wheel salesman who reached out to someone else to make a vent. The manufacturing process for a wing is somewhat complex. The examples from AC and OEM are 6 pieces epoxied together. You have the top and the bottom of the wing each requiring a seperate mold. Each other part has to be made separately. This whole process requires a good working knowledge of composites. To be able to handle the loads, it would have to be engineered and suitable for those kinds of forces. If the intent is a cars and coffee showpiece, then construction wouldn't be as critical. But if the wing is going to be out on the track, it would have to be something that is strong enough for the job.

If the price is right, I'd buy a showpiece not for track duty.
Understood, but without a wing it would have to wait until fall as now that its getting warm to drive here my car would look dorky without it, but the intention here is for my guy to make it not as a showpiece but at least as a functional unit. Now the question will become its strength, and I will bring that up, whether it is with the loaner wing, or in the fall when I will dismount mine, and clearly let him know it needs to be a functional sturdy wing.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
I'd just like to say that Lavalamp is the bomb!!!!

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500

Let me know.
The owner of the wing seems to be radio silent right now. He said he was willing to ship the wing so long as Terrance paid for the insurance on it. But then the owner had his GT500 damaged by road construction and his time was consumed getting it back up and running as he races it a lot from what I gather.
I messaged him and I see he’s read it but so far no reply. Terrance has a lot on his plate so I’m thinking this option is probably dead by now as I tried to get this moving two months ago.
If you have a guy who does composites and are local I can see if he’d be more apt to work with you since you could do a face-to-face deal.
Sponsored