Sponsored

Sound tube Delete

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
Curious, what is the benefit of replacing the Tower Brace?

PS: Pizza without pineapple, simply does not make sense :)

Same here! as soon as I get home with the car I will put in struts! The engine cover is going to stay though... I like the "Powered by Ford"... I know, I know... it's an unpopular opinion just as pineapple on pizza (which I also like) but I think the cover is better looking than the intake manifold

The list when I get the car home from the dealer:
- X-pipe
- JLT oil catch can both sides (will delete the sound tube)
- Highflow filter
- Hood struts
- Tower brace
Sponsored

RasJeremy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ras
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 2020
Curious, what is the benefit of replacing the Tower Brace?
Oh I'm adding one. The car is delivered without it, so I'm adding the Ford Performance brace.

My Mustang is going to be a PP but the tower brace is not standard in the EU specced version.

@Briebee72 I had a lot of thoughts about the drivers side cause I agree with you - there's little to none effect there and rarely seen any oil in there. However seeing the amount coming out of the passenger side and knowing it was avoided getting into the intake and further it pleases me to have it installed and makes me calm.
And in the end I'm located in Denmark where everything is dumbfuck expensive due to taxes - so if the $150 extra for the drivers side could spare me for unwanted repairs or engine cleaning that will make a difference too. Have in mind that due to Danish taxes I'm already going to pay $116.000 when I'm picking it up from the dealer, so the extra catch can is nothing :crazy:

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Cobrakit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PREMIUM PP1
I also have installed second horn and passenger side seperator. By the way if you don't think you need a seperator, just watch how much oil it collects and you'll understand.

Sponsored

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
I also have installed second horn and passenger side seperator. By the way if you don't think you need a seperator, just watch how much oil it collects and you'll understand.
A lot of that oil is designed to be burned off, it's not like it all just goes into your cylinders and stays there forever

Cobrakit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PREMIUM PP1
Having had 2 PD supercharged FORDs with intercooler's, I could see how much got into the supercharger, then brick and then lower intake. I know blown car are worse.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
In my 2015 GT the sound really bothered me and I removed the tube. I noticed a difference. To me with the tube the engine sound seemed fake, like a low-fidelity radio or a pair of tin cans with a string between them. I guess it was just like there was a small tube piping engine noise into the car rather than hearing the sound unaltered due to lack of sound insulation. I think the sound seems more subtle in my 2017 (which definitely makes it less annoying), but this thread is a good reminder that I should remove the tube.

Deleted member 35786

I have an h pipe with factory mufflers. Wonder if the sound will change if I do this?

Sponsored

Vstang2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I have an h pipe with factory mufflers. Wonder if the sound will change if I do this?
Don't think it will change the sound but will likely change the direction to which the sounds comes from. I imeadiatly noticed all my engine noise and exhaust coming from the rear now vs all around me , I like it much better now that the sound is coming from the back

Beezpony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Don't think it will change the sound but will likely change the direction to which the sounds comes from. I imeadiatly noticed all my engine noise and exhaust coming from the rear now vs all around me , I like it much better now that the sound is coming from the back
Yes that is a very good description of what happens with the sound tube delete.

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Oh I'm adding one. The car is delivered without it, so I'm adding the Ford Performance brace.

My Mustang is going to be a PP but the tower brace is not standard in the EU specced version.

@Briebee72 I had a lot of thoughts about the drivers side cause I agree with you - there's little to none effect there and rarely seen any oil in there. However seeing the amount coming out of the passenger side and knowing it was avoided getting into the intake and further it pleases me to have it installed and makes me calm.
And in the end I'm located in Denmark where everything is dumbfuck expensive due to taxes - so if the $150 extra for the drivers side could spare me for unwanted repairs or engine cleaning that will make a difference too. Have in mind that due to Danish taxes I'm already going to pay $116.000 when I'm picking it up from the dealer, so the extra catch can is nothing :crazy:
That is a real price difference, $116,000. So do the taxes make all autos cost that much extra or just certain ones?

RasJeremy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ras
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 2020
That is a real price difference, $116,000. So do the taxes make all autos cost that much extra or just certain ones?
The VAT and taxes are a percentage based on the price of the unregistered vehicle when bought from the manufacturer by the dealer so yeah - all vehicles are affected by that. I actually got a quote on a 2020 GT500 but that would hit $270.000 - $300.000 depending on if I wanted the Carbon Trackpack or not... That's not gonna happen!

And a fun fact to note... Danish dealers (no matter the brand) buys the unregistered vehicles cheaper than any other dealers in the world due to the VAT and taxes being added afterwards - that results in a lot of new vehicles being shipped to Denmark gets shipped back to country of origin since it is cheaper for the dealers there to buy it from Danish dealers than the manufacturer... the only rule is they have to be on Danish soil... We see a lot of vehicles just gets put off on the lot... stays there for a couple of days and then gets picked up and shipped back :facepalm: