Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
That leads credence to the theory that the tick is really due to air bubbles that are getting caught/generated in the engine then. If I recall ceratek makes it harder for those to form. It also points to why its not really any big deal if there is a tick or not as some air small bubbles if they are being popped isn't going to lead to any damages since the oil is still coating where the bubbles had been. It would also impact why some people don't hear it at first, just after an oil change, or only hear it sometimes based on how much/placement of the oil residue.
Do you really think that you would hear air bubbles pop in the oil ? Do you think it would be loud enough to hear like the tick? I have my doubts. I would believe piston slap or cylinders out of round a tinny bit. But I can’t imagine oil bubbles being that loud.
Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Do you really think that you would hear air bubbles pop in the oil ? Do you think it would be loud enough to hear like the tick? I have my doubts. I would believe piston slap or cylinders out of round a tinny bit. But I can’t imagine oil bubbles being that loud.
Someone before posted a video/link about it, it's more that you're hearing resonance through the metals of it popping. If I remember its in the oil pump.

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
supposedly the older ford trucks had oil cavitation (bubbles) and would make similar noises if my memory serves me correctly.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
supposedly the older ford trucks had oil cavitation (bubbles) and would make similar noises if my memory serves me correctly.
Ok what about running a oil reservoir that is what they are designed to do. To keep air out of the oil. That is what I would try. Maybe it is air it just seams unlikely but you may be absolutely right

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
Ok what about running a oil reservoir that is what they are designed to do. To keep air out of the oil. That is what I would try. Maybe it is air it just seams unlikely but you may be absolutely right
i have no idea. ceratek seems to work for me and the engine runs smooth and ceratek doesnt seem to cause any negative effects so ill prob just stick with that personally

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
if you're using a quart every 5000 miles I'd get that warrantied. My gen 2 uses a grand total of maybe .1 quart (if that) I measure everything that comes out.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
This is not a Ford only problem I am finding out. It goes right up the line of cars. The common denominator, DOHC, the source is solid. Took my Mustang over to show him I was now a Ford driver.

Going to get a track day form his dealership. They handle some notable high end hardware. Few times a year put on a free track day invite the shop and customers out...... full day

Back to the point, without mentioning this worn out song, so many sing. I am quite comfortable with knowing what it is frankly.

He starts discussing customer warranty claims. And the how ridiculous expectations are of folks in general .

And up pops the BBQ tick, while I was LMAO . I mentioned the Mustang forum and the clatter that goes one here, he rolled his eyes.

Pretty damn funny ............... I say

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
if you're using a quart every 5000 miles I'd get that warrantied. My gen 2 uses a grand total of maybe .1 quart (if that) I measure everything that comes out.

Ford will laugh at you, they don't consider it a problem until its 1 litre every 750 miles.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Ford will laugh at you, they don't consider it a problem until its 1 litre every 750 miles.
maybe for a GT350, but this is a GT. 1 quart every 5k is stupid consumption.

Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red

Oh, I am not diagreeing with you. Its just what Ford states even for the Coyote.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
A guy in the U.K. is using 830ml per 1000 miles and Ford won’t accept it’s a problem …

WD :like:

RalphK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
Glad I don't live in the UK with those friendly dealers

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
A guy in the U.K. is using 830ml per 1000 miles and Ford won’t accept it’s a problem …

WD :like:
Acceptable consumption is mentionrd in user manual. If it is more than that Ford cannot deny.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I agree. Heck, I have 40k miles on my '15. Never have needed to add oil between changes. I might see a few ounces in my oil separator but not really enough to move it on the stick. I do oil changes at 5k. Maybe it has to do with the way the engines are broken in, or driving habits, etc.
Sponsored