SCCA CAM-C Thread

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
This is my first shot at diff plates. That internal spline is a bit of a bear to measure & cut. This floater doesn't fit. The drive plate is easy-peasy.

20220701_140936.jpg
Sponsored

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
ahhh. surely you can have a machinist indicate onto center and re-bore it to size?
They could probably just use one of these...

419YcTc0DWL._SY300_QL70_.jpg

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
They could probably just use one of these...

419YcTc0DWL._SY300_QL70_.jpg
good god no! you're joking I hope. Proper dial to indicate down to a couple thousand's and a meaty boring bar on a adjustable boring head. Final size confirmed with mic.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Ya, it was a joke. There's a big difference in ring gear size.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Since I've mentioned it earlier - random run (Solostorm was acting up and runs got all messed up) - - from 0:12 it's a straight basically all the way into the slalom.

Sponsored

Gearz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
It does look like a drag race course.

Looks like the data needs to be sync'd up with the video. You can do that in SoloStorm by changing the lead/lag time of the data overlay with the video in real time while reviewing the low-res video. Just hit the drop menu in the small video window and select real-time sync. You can also calibrate the camera lead/lag in the Wi-Fi video settings.

Your times look good, just too many red lights. I found an app called Drag Tree 2 that simulates a Christmas tree start and you can adjust the vehicle reaction time to tune into just when you think you should launch (like .1s after the last yellow comes on or so). It hasn't made me the best at launching but it's as close as I've found to practice and it helps with getting used to the timing of the .5s interval between lights.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
It does look like a drag race course.

Looks like the data needs to be sync'd up with the video. You can do that in SoloStorm by changing the lead/lag time of the data overlay with the video in real time while reviewing the low-res video. Just hit the drop menu in the small video window and select real-time sync. You can also calibrate the camera lead/lag in the Wi-Fi video settings.

Your times look good, just too many red lights. I found an app called Drag Tree 2 that simulates a Christmas tree start and you can adjust the vehicle reaction time to tune into just when you think you should launch (like .1s after the last yellow comes on or so). It hasn't made me the best at launching but it's as close as I've found to practice and it helps with getting used to the timing of the .5s interval between lights.

I know the data lag is there and actually didn't know how to fix it (I mostly look at the graphs) so thanks - I've done a camera calibration thing.

My lights were inconsistent and it's clearly something to work on (that I underestimated) - I've watched people getting consistent .5xx lights which was quite impressive. And cones (which caused me to drive too cautiously today).

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Does anyone have an inside line to 315.30/19 Falken 660's? I don't mind paying "some" premium, but all my leads from other sources have dried up. I've made nearly 100 calls to different shops the last two weeks. I found some in Canada, but the $200 shipping cost for two tires, on top of the massive markup was too much premium. No I am not spending $1400 on two tires.

Before the "you should have planned ahead" comments start, don't worry I have. I don't need them yet (Will need some by October), and already placed an order (delivery anticipated Sept 6), but I had a friend get that exact same size two weeks ago from a Discount Tire, and they had them in stock. The MFG date was approx July 2021, and according to my buddy, they had them in stock. He just showed up, and was good to go. I called the same shop, and no more left. The MFG date leads me to believe these tires are here somewhere. Just what the hold up is, is beyond me. We should have 2022 tires here.

I realize if there is anywhere that is a long shot to ask, it's this thread. I imagine most folks keep that info close to their chest, and I completely understand. But I would be a fool if I didn't at least ask.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone have an inside line to 315.30/19 Falken 660's? I don't mind paying "some" premium, but all my leads from other sources have dried up. I've made nearly 100 calls to different shops the last two weeks. I found some in Canada, but the $200 shipping cost for two tires, on top of the massive markup was too much premium. No I am not spending $1400 on two tires.

Before the "you should have planned ahead" comments start, don't worry I have. I don't need them yet (Will need some by October), and already placed an order (delivery anticipated Sept 6), but I had a friend get that exact same size two weeks ago from a Discount Tire, and they had them in stock. The MFG date was approx July 2021, and according to my buddy, they had them in stock. He just showed up, and was good to go. I called the same shop, and no more left. The MFG date leads me to believe these tires are here somewhere. Just what the hold up is, is beyond me. We should have 2022 tires here.

I realize if there is anywhere that is a long shot to ask, it's this thread. I imagine most folks keep that info close to their chest, and I completely understand. But I would be a fool if I didn't at least ask.
Tire rack is expecting them at the end of the month, last I checked (which was yesterday)

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Tire rack is expecting them at the end of the month, last I checked (which was yesterday)
I was originally included in that shipment. But I checked this morning, and they pushed back my delivery day to mid Sept. now.

One issue I have, my buddy who just got tires, his were MFG'ed this time last year. How are they just now getting put on a car, when it clearly is a high demand product? Is shipping to the US the issue here? If so, I need to find a contact in Japan to send me some.

Sponsored

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
It wouldn’t break my heart to run a narrower 660 if needed. Maybe you have better luck with 305 or 295.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I was originally included in that shipment. But I checked this morning, and they pushed back my delivery day to mid Sept. now.

One issue I have, my buddy who just got tires, his were MFG'ed this time last year. How are they just now getting put on a car, when it clearly is a high demand product? Is shipping to the US the issue here? If so, I need to find a contact in Japan to send me some.
Tires models get manufactured in batches, and the factories reconfigure between runs to make other models. So any given model isn't in constant production. (or that's how I understand things). Same is true for wheels. Once they're manufactured, then yes it takes a while to get them over here on a boat, through port customs, etc.

If your buddy just got some, it wasn't from a recent shipment (and thus the old date codes). IIRC we haven't seen a new shipment in a couple months. (I've had an order in for a while).

Once that end-of-July shipment hits, hopefully you can find some in stock somewhere at a smaller place, but my advice is to get an order in early and let it stand. Maybe you can find someplace that hasn't allocated all of their EOJuly stock yet? I don't know where to look tho, if TireRack is already fully allocated. I have an order in for 18" Yokes too and its just going to sit for months, because those don't even have any ETA for when the next shipment MIGHT even get here.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Rumor for 315 Yokes is that they're not going to be here at least until December now.
If Tire Rack doesn't have them, chances they're elsewhere are slim - but have you tried Summit ? Local friend got two impossible to get at the time Yokes from them (to be fair - they're sponsoring him).

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
So, what's the deal with this El Mooostang guy? He seems pretty quick.
Sponsored

Reactions: kz