Sponsored

SCCA CAM-C Thread

bigenos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Good meeting a bunch of people at the tour (Burdette here). I put the car together last week, set the toe Friday morning and drove down to Beeville so no time to get my video stuff together. Hopefully next time I'll have some. Great courses and I had a much better day 2. Not surprised at all who won, was my pick going into the weekend, but hopefully I can get better acquainted with the car and be a little more in the mix.
Sponsored

BadHabit2Break

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT350
I've been watching Beeville video's since Sunday night. You were absolutely flying!

Sutton is a monster who can drive the wheels off whatever he gets in. I've seen him destroy folks in an NSX, his 911, a GT3, and obviously now Fletchers Mustang.

Nice work!
Made me cry when he drove my Shelby at a Starting Line event. He was my instructor for the 12 laps you get to run, and he drove two of those. It was like Ford vs Ferrari.

Billygoat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2002 Porsche Turbo GT2RS
I've been watching Beeville video's since Sunday night. You were absolutely flying!

Sutton is a monster who can drive the wheels off whatever he gets in. I've seen him destroy folks in an NSX, his 911, a GT3, and obviously now Fletchers Mustang.

Nice work!
Thanks, you are too kind. Hello M6G! This Moon guy did give me nightmares...he's a bada$$!

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
I’m relatively convinced my back end is wheel hopping whenever the slip angle gets exciting. I ordered Steeda subframe bushing inserts, but welcome any other advice.

I think you can actually here it in the video’s tire squeal, but it’s much more obvious (and unsettling) as the driver.

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I’m relatively convinced my back end is wheel hopping whenever the slip angle gets exciting. I ordered Steeda subframe bushing inserts, but welcome any other advice.

I think you can actually here it in the video’s tire squeal, but it’s much more obvious (and unsettling) as the driver.

yeah check the bushings. I did find a torn lower contr arm one back there.

obviously check the shock too

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
I've been playing with brakes this weekend. I finally put the GT500 CFTP ABS distribution block on the car. I also installed J&M stainless lines and EBC blue front pads while things were apart.

At this point, everything has been changed over and today's job is the bleeding of everything. I'll also need to figure out how to use ForScan for the ABS bleed. On the ABS Controller end, I've got an AdvancTrac error, but it isn't throwing a code that I see. Hopefully I can get it to accept the alternate controller. Reports to follow.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
I'm going to need some ForScan help to sort this out. Everything is bolted up, but the new ABS controller isn't playing nicely. So far, it's shut off the AdvancTrac. I haven't driven the car, yet, so I don't know how it will act. I wonder if I can't change some codes around in ForScan to make it happy.

At this point, I can't even do an ABS bleed, because the car doesn't recognize the ABS.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
OK, I need someone good with ForScan for help. I'm open to recommendations.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
I appear to have no ABS, no ESC and maybe 75% front bias. I might just have to go back to the stock unit.

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I appear to have no ABS, no ESC and maybe 75% front bias. I might just have to go back to the stock unit.
Yeah IDK man. Try the Forscan section in the DIY area. You'll probably need to find some GT500 codes to reference.

I've done the bleed procedure with Forscan (takes two full fluid flushes IIRC), but if its not recognizing the ABS that's an entirely different story.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Time for an Update:

I went back the stock ABS block and everything started playing nicely. I did a 4-wheel manual bleed and, with the new stainless lines, the pedal feels better than it's ever felt. I put EBC blue pads on the front to get a little more aggressive on coeff. and I like that. It has a little squeal when rolling up to stop lights, but it's a good feeling pad.

Concerning ForScan my problem is my OBDII port adapter. I'm using one bought directly off the site, but apparently it's an old model and doesn't work with the more advanced car networks, so I could only see about 25% of the car systems. No wonder I couldn't find the ABS controller on the network. It wasn't there. A new all-singing and dancing adapter has been ordered.

The long and short is this. I've taken a step back, but this project will be revisited at some point.

PSA: If you're changing the ABS distribution block, get an extra 12/13mm flare wrench and then chop the 12mm end off to shorten the handle to about 5". It makes it _way_ easier to get the lines on/off the block.

murphyslaww

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Cayman, 2023 Lighning
Lip spoiler came in, and it’s exactly what I hoped it would be, $120 amazon version of what American Muscle sells for $315. Has a nice flat undersurface with a lip to attach the chin(?) part of the spoiler to. Looking to see how quick release it can be made.
E6B821C8-85FC-4E8A-991C-2EA7FA079AAC.jpeg
EDA251E1-8317-44C5-ABF7-0D78FECB216A.jpeg
3C2F8358-B49B-439D-BE71-6AAFAFB65EB3.jpeg

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Time for an Update:

I went back the stock ABS block and everything started playing nicely. I did a 4-wheel manual bleed and, with the new stainless lines, the pedal feels better than it's ever felt. I put EBC blue pads on the front to get a little more aggressive on coeff. and I like that. It has a little squeal when rolling up to stop lights, but it's a good feeling pad.

Concerning ForScan my problem is my OBDII port adapter. I'm using one bought directly off the site, but apparently it's an old model and doesn't work with the more advanced car networks, so I could only see about 25% of the car systems. No wonder I couldn't find the ABS controller on the network. It wasn't there. A new all-singing and dancing adapter has been ordered.

The long and short is this. I've taken a step back, but this project will be revisited at some point.

PSA: If you're changing the ABS distribution block, get an extra 12/13mm flare wrench and then chop the 12mm end off to shorten the handle to about 5". It makes it _way_ easier to get the lines on/off the block.
Tim,

The Vorshlag guys just did a podcast on ABS and ABS swaps, primarily on GM's, but mentioned they had some Mustang/Ford experience too. It might not hurt to give them a call. Maybe they can help chase down what you are doing. Here is the podcast, starts in good detail around the ~17 minute mark.

https://twoguysgarage.com/all-about-abs/
Sponsored