Sponsored

SCCA CAM-C Thread

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
uh, oh... Soon to be offered for sale, 2018 GT/PP with track-friendly mods. :) 😛
Yeah so I managed a 3rd place PAX finish a the last local event in this BS SS 1LE Camaro on virgin RT660s, only 0.2 behind the car's owner who was 1st PAX and an NSX.

It puts power down and sweepers really really well. Stock, its still soft on the front axle, so I have to remind myself how to get a Street class car to slalom.

I'll probably run it again at the Texas Tour in BS because of the Falken backorder situation.

No, I'm not giving up on the mustang, its just a vacation :p
Sponsored

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
Yeah so I managed a 3rd place PAX finish a the last local event in this BS SS 1LE Camaro on virgin RT660s, only 0.2 behind the car's owner who was 1st PAX and an NSX.

It puts power down and sweepers really really well. Stock, its still soft on the front axle, so I have to remind myself how to get a Street class car to slalom.

I'll probably run it again at the Texas Tour in BS because of the Falken backorder situation.

No, I'm not giving up on the mustang, its just a vacation :p
I wondered how you did.

Is that camaro going to run double duty again? (BS and CAMC?).

I made it back to GSS last weekend and got more comfortable with the track and car...I have to do better than last Texas Tour.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I wondered how you did.

Is that camaro going to run double duty again? (BS and CAMC?).

I made it back to GSS last weekend and got more comfortable with the track and car...I have to do better than last Texas Tour.
Yeah, I think he's got a probable 3rd driver lined up, which means you'll see the Fresca White 1LE in the CAM grid too.

You know, its tempting to make the 4 hour drive and try to run this weekend at Corpus.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
I ran my first e30 map yesterday. This one was just the 'get to know you' map. It'll be interesting to see the results when I get one that takes advantage of the alcohol. Maybe I'll get a revision by this weekend's event.

Sham_POW

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Had my first event in CAMC today. First event on these Falkens too. Air temps were in the 50's, and I struggled to get enough heat into them. They are still relatively new, and I was only able to get a few hundred miles on them before today, so they may not have been adequately scrubbed in. I spun out on my first run right out of the gate. Literally. Right after the first turn. I got in my own head a bit after that and had a hard time pushing them more to get them up to temp.

Felt great in transitional elements though. Coming from the factory PP1 fronts is a massive difference. I still have a lot to learn and figure out, and I expect most of this season will be one long shakedown for me.

Sponsored

Sham_POW

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Started at 32/29, and was too high. The tires did warm up a little, but not enough to get sticky, and I still had to bleed off pressure and settled at 35/31 "hot" pressure as indicated by tire wear patterns. Temps across the tires never even broke 100 until my last run so I didn't rely on them too much. I didn't drive nearly aggressive enough after the spinout to utilize these tires effectively.

I may try to put some more street miles on them and probably start around 30/27 cold for the pro-solo in a couple of weeks. Depending on the weather.

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
Started at 32/29, and was too high. The tires did warm up a little, but not enough to get sticky, and I still had to bleed off pressure and settled at 35/31 "hot" pressure as indicated by tire wear patterns. Temps across the tires never even broke 100 until my last run so I didn't rely on them too much. I didn't drive nearly aggressive enough after the spinout to utilize these tires effectively.

I may try to put some more street miles on them and probably start around 30/27 cold for the pro-solo in a couple of weeks. Depending on the weather.
You have to use blankets when it's this cold (below 60 F), or have a co-driver. It's really hard to make any of the 200tw tires work in the 50s unless you get a lot of runs, or you're running a bit smaller tire. I could get heat in my 275/35R19 RE71Rs but it's very challenging with the 305s. I hand made some tire covers last year. They worked well but I need to build in some anchors so they don't go flying when it is gusty. I lost one on this 50 deg, 20-30 mph sustained wind day.

20201017_090920.jpg

Sham_POW

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
You have to use blankets when it's this cold (below 60 F)...... they don't go flying when it is gusty. I lost one on this 50 deg, 20-30 mph sustained wind day.
I had actually bought a couple of rolls of radiant barrier last weekend, just didn't have time before this event to actually make the blankets.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
why not buy tire warmers? Most paddocks have power. Maybe split a kit into 2 and just warm the fronts?

Sponsored

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
I coukda used them today. Rivals don't like 62 deg weather.

I had 2 great events on them but ran doubles the first time and got 8 runs the 2nd time.

Today 5 runs in 62 deg weather, I fought them every run. Best run (still slow) was at 32F, 31R with softening my front coilovers. Should have softened rears but didn't take jack to grid.

Thoroughly frustrating to lose by 2 seconds to someone I usually beat.

Trying to take it as a learning event but confidence is low with just 3 weeks until the Texas Tour.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I'm surprised you all run that low pressures - last year I've started at 33/32 and could feel sidewall flexing (on Rivals). Had pics taken and you can easily see how much it does flex (almost looks like it comes off the rim).

I haven't tried Falkens yet (in the basement and won't mount them at least until April locals) but supposedly they have similar sidewall stiffness as Rivals.

To not lose blankets I'm sticking shoes between them and fender - just jam them in - works well, problem is I typically have only two shoes available :)

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Speaking of blankets - I use RXC ones that Steve Fehr makes - they're really nice - probably wouldn't paid for them and make my own but it was a gift.

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I really like my 275/35-18 Rivals on 18x11 combo for the cool days. Although, bought those before there was the Yokohama A052.

If you guys have a 19x10 set of wheels around you might consider 275s on them for the cool days. Conditions like that are more about getting the compound to activate then worrying about having the widest tire possible.
Sponsored