Sponsored

SCCA CAM-C Thread

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
are they any good at HPDE or just autocross?
They're focused on autocross and time trial. Not gonna be long session durable like NT01 or R-S4, but won't crumble either. @boardkat used them this last weekend at Optima as well. They seem to hold up better than RE71R.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
That might be more of the 615+ tire? I thought were meant to be more durable.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Poor comparison but mounted Falken (on 11" wheel) vs unmounted (from the wheel Falken is on) Rival. According to my highly accurate eye they're about the same.

PXL_20210324_225841070.jpg

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
^^^ What sizes?

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
That means the Falken is a bit wider (which jives with the listed measures). Mounting pulls them in a bit.
I was little concerned if I don't end up needing more spacer in the front - haven't tried to put the wheel on yet but I highly doubt it. Curious to see how they will behave though. Another observation - Rivals after a fairly busy last season look surprisingly good.

I am considering getting 18" wheels (when Apex EC-7 are back in stock and Yokohamas) - Chad in Charlotte (who I was paired with in first session) was flying on them right off the bad (temperature was ~48F). Seeing him turn into the finish on opposite course about half an hour ahead of me was quite devastating ;-) (it's not just the tires though, he is really really fast).

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
I was little concerned if I don't end up needing more spacer in the front - haven't tried to put the wheel on yet but I highly doubt it. Curious to see how they will behave though. Another observation - Rivals after a fairly busy last season look surprisingly good.

I am considering getting 18" wheels (when Apex EC-7 are back in stock and Yokohamas) - Chad in Charlotte (who I was paired with in first session) was flying on them right off the bad (temperature was ~48F). Seeing him turn into the finish on opposite course about half an hour ahead of me was quite devastating ;-) (it's not just the tires though, he is really really fast).
Hearing that the Falkens switch on well too, definitely better than Rivals in cool temps. I can't bring myself to go for Yoks with the wear rates on our cars.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Hearing that the Falkens switch on well too, definitely better than Rivals in cool temps. I can't bring myself to go for Yoks with the wear rates on our cars.
I currently have too many wheels from FS times (5 sets total) so need to make good faith effort to get rid of some before I purchase another one...

Sponsored

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun wagon, '92 240SX, '08 Evo, '20 Mustang GT
Last edited:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Downforce will benefit from the big front splitter and proper outlets for hot air
it it just me or are folks missing the kicked-in corners of the fender that provides extra depth to the splitter without having to resort to pushing it way past the front plane?

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun wagon, '92 240SX, '08 Evo, '20 Mustang GT
it it just me or are folks missing the kicked-in corners of the fender that provides extra depth to the splitter without having to resort to pushing it way past the front plane?
My first thought was to look at it as what you get if you don't waste space on fake scoops. 🤷‍♂️
I think downforce and drag both change for the better because of it.
Sponsored