SCCA CAM-C Thread

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
The dirty deed has been accomplished. I'm going to go take a shower.
The next email you will get:

"In order for your differential pucks to work properly, a shifter knob and front K member is important. Here is a chart that shows this."

1706805779388.png
Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like Sam Strano has a couple of the 22mm solid adjustable rear bars available (i.e. un-spoken for and scheduled for production). Its my favorite rear bar.

This is a special run and a small run. If you guys are looking for something softer than the usual adjustable rear bars, I'd reach out to him.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
You know that feature we have on our cars where after you change the oil, if you go full throttle and hit the starter it lets you crank up pressure without firing? It turns out my wife's Hyundai SUV doesn't have that. If you go full throttle while cranking it just fires and revs the piss out of the engine with no oil pressure.

Live and learn.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Maybe I'm a fool, but I had no idea that was a thing I could do. I just went and tried it. Very interesting, going to have to see if that same feature exists on any other vehicle I own.

Gearz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
I'm pretty sure all Fords do. I always wanted to know if it cuts both the injectors and the ignition? I'd hate to be washing down the cylinders when doing that but it doesn't backfire or blow a bunch of black smoke when it starts so I'm assuming it cuts both. I sure hope so because I'll do this if the car has been sitting on the tender for a long time - like through the winter.

Sponsored

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Maybe I'm a fool, but I had no idea that was a thing I could do. I just went and tried it. Very interesting, going to have to see if that same feature exists on any other vehicle I own.
If you've got a Hyundai Palisade, then it's a no, lol.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
I'm pretty sure all Fords do. I always wanted to know if it cuts both the injectors and the ignition? I'd hate to be washing down the cylinders when doing that but it doesn't backfire or blow a bunch of black smoke when it starts so I'm assuming it cuts both. I sure hope so because I'll do this if the car has been sitting on the tender for a long time - like through the winter.
The ignition and injection systems pause.

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Getting ready for the new year. Waiting on tires to arrive. Moving from Kumho V730's in 305/30-19 to the Yokohama's in 295/35-19. Better compound and a little extra height should keep the splitter from eating asphalt as often as it was last year. Steeda DSC unit is in and operational so hoping for some better body control there. Also added the Verus rear wing instead of my big plexi spoiler. Looks cooler and is carbon fiber so definitely going to be faster for those reasons alone.

Frustrated that I live in Atlanta and the nearest tour event in our state is clear down in the middle of Nowhere at Moultrie when we have a better sight and better options for lodging at Atlanta Motor Speedway here. Tempted to make the drive, but likely won't given the timing.

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
We are attending our second event in March! In February we attended our first. Having never auto-crossed before (and being on stock 17's with michelin all seasons :headbang: ), we got our times down from 80.1 to 72.3 over our five runs of the day. The Mach 1 and GTs with much, much more experienced drivers came up with times in the low 60s (62 I believe was the best, I might be wrong). So we only need to shave off 10-12 seconds :like:. Very excited to enjoy this season very relaxed to learn and come into next year swinging on new treads!

Sponsored

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
We are attending our second event in March! In February we attended our first. Having never auto-crossed before (and being on stock 17's with michelin all seasons :headbang: ), we got our times down from 80.1 to 72.3 over our five runs of the day. The Mach 1 and GTs with much, much more experienced drivers came up with times in the low 60s (62 I believe was the best, I might be wrong). So we only need to shave off 10-12 seconds :like:. Very excited to enjoy this season very relaxed to learn and come into next year swinging on new treads!
Welcome to the hobby! Lots of experience in this thread, don't hesitate to ask questions.

I've read elsewhere those 6 cyl are pretty quick. We got a 4 cyl in this thread as well.

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome to the hobby! Lots of experience in this thread, don't hesitate to ask questions.

I've read elsewhere those 6 cyl are pretty quick. We got a 4 cyl in this thread as well.
Thank you! We are excited for this journey, and trust me we will be asking lots of questions. How about this one:

100% buying these SVE SP2s. I love the look and everyone I know raves about them. Graphite will go so good with our Cobalt Filly! https://lmr.com/item/WK-188903A/sve-mustang-sp2-wheel-kit-19x10-gloss-graphite-15-19

They are offered with Firehawks at a steep discount (since pre-mounted and TPMS sensors...) https://lmr.com/item/WTK-188903FA/sve-mustang-sp2-wheel-firestone-tire-19x10-graphite-15-23

Ordering the Michelins (your preferred tire you said) would be from my local Costco and run around 1700 + I am unsure about TPMS sensors which probably could range from 100-200 more.

What route would you go here? Michelin Pilot Sport 4s vs Firestone Firehawks essentially.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you! We are excited for this journey, and trust me we will be asking lots of questions. How about this one:

100% buying these SVE SP2s. I love the look and everyone I know raves about them. Graphite will go so good with our Cobalt Filly! https://lmr.com/item/WK-188903A/sve-mustang-sp2-wheel-kit-19x10-gloss-graphite-15-19

They are offered with Firehawks at a steep discount (since pre-mounted and TPMS sensors...) https://lmr.com/item/WTK-188903FA/sve-mustang-sp2-wheel-firestone-tire-19x10-graphite-15-23

Ordering the Michelins (your preferred tire you said) would be from my local Costco and run around 1700 + I am unsure about TPMS sensors which probably could range from 100-200 more.

What route would you go here? Michelin Pilot Sport 4s vs Firestone Firehawks essentially.
For autocross? Neither tire honestly… but being your second event… Firestones are a good deal, but its not one of the competitive tires. Neither are the MP4S.

So go for it with the Firehawks. I’d rather put you on an RS4 or Conti ECF but they dont make them in good sizes for a 19x10 wheel.

My only regret for you would be that a 10” wide wheel is a temporary solution for a CAMC car. The fast tires will want to be on 11” wide wheels (or wider), they just dont make the good tires in suitable sizes for a 19x10 wheel right now, and the investment required to jump to a 11” setup is significant and overkill for a novice who might not stick with this sport for long enough.

So treat this first set of tires as training wheels and run a season or 1.5 seasons on them, then consider selling the 19x10 wheels and upgrading if you still like the sport enough down the road.

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
For autocross? Neither tire honestly…

So go for it with the Firehawks.
Hm I see I see... I find this helpful since I have seen long, long lists and many recommendations of "Go Michelin since its your DD too...go Michelin because they perform best."

So it is refreshing to hear "go for the budget option Firehawks".

But 19x10s aren't the move eh? I see. Much thinking to do.

I like the idea of trying 19x10s and going from there. Honestly anything is better than 17x9.5s if I am not trying to get into this for actual competition. More likely these first 2 seasons I want to just have fun.
Sponsored