Sponsored

S650 vs Camaro SS 1LE

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Base 6sp in Grabber Blue
The sad part was.. none of them really pulled away from a F-150 with some dude chewing on grass & wearing a cowboy hat, and the 'superior' Mustang barely pulled on a 455 horse Camaro.
Just. My. Opinion.
Well like, man, what do you expect? The F150 is packing 700+ hp.

The hp wars are probably winding down are they not? Maybe it's time we get a little smaller, nimbler and lighter. Keep the hp the same and shrink the body down a bit. When your car doesnt weight over 4000 lbs you dont need 500 freakin hp to compete.
Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Well like, man, what do you expect? The F150 is packing 700+ hp.
That's what I was thinking but didn't bother posting it...:like:

The hp wars are probably winding down are they not? Maybe it's time we get a little smaller, nimbler and lighter. Keep the hp the same and shrink the body down a bit. When your car doesnt weight over 4000 lbs you dont need 500 freakin hp to compete.
I don't think the hp wars are over. Lambo just released the Aventador replacement and talk about increase....from around 770 hp in peak trim (give or take) to 1001 hp, starting trim!! It's a hybrid, but around 812 hp of that is from a NA 9500 rpm V-12, so it is interesting.

One thing I will say that EV power is democratizing hp, and making it less special than it was before, unless it's an ICE, then it's interesting. E.g., an 800 hp ICE is 1000x (probably 10,000x) more interesting to me than a 1,000+ hp EV.

And yes, 500 hp does a lot in a lighter car. Look at the C6 Z06. That thing is quick, and it's only 505 hp and around 3,200 lbs., give or take. MUCH quicker than a similarly powered 4000 lbs heavy Dark Horse (M6) and not too far off the 3,550 lbs C7 650 hp Z06.

OP
OP
MAGS1

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I don't think the hp wars are over. Lambo just released the Aventador replacement and talk about increase....from around 770 hp in peak trim (give or take) to 1001 hp, starting trim!! It's a hybrid, but around 812 hp of that is from a NA 9500 rpm V-12, so it is interesting.
I watched the Throttle House video on it today. Talk about a big middle finger to the EV push! Love to see it. And it’s one badass car

Sponsored

JFBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I watched the Throttle House video on it today. Talk about a big middle finger to the EV push! Love to see it. And it’s one badass car
It's really not.

Lamborghini will still sell EV's just like everyone else. It's not an either or proposition, especially for the exotic manufacturers.

JFBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
As for the 1LE, I drove one at a trackday at COTA a few years ago. Extremely impressive out of the box. More compromised than the Mustang on the street, which has always been the case historically. That is probably main reason why I ended up buying a Bullitt instead.

Hopefully GM can find another home for the Alpha chassis because it truly is as good as advertised.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Hopefully GM can find another home for the Alpha chassis because it truly is as good as advertised.
Long since done. What do you think the Blackwings are? They come off the same line as the Camaros.

OP
OP
MAGS1

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I cannot stop laughing

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
ss 1LE camaro is still the bar? not bad for a 7 year old combination of parts.
And Ford could have been a contendah except their moron marketing department wanted to play exclusionary games instead.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The Camaro rides much harder, and with less visibility and a narrow trunk opening vs the Mustang. That’s makes it tough for the average muscle car owner. I don’t care as I have other cars I can drive but most people do not. Chevy put way too much into that car that the average muscle car owner will never need, including dual auxiliary radiators, a second transmission cooler, differential coolers, etc. No one driving 0-60 needs that and it added weight, complexity, and cost. My wife hates driving in the Camaro but loves driving in the Mustang, which tells you a lot about the average buyer. GM made a great track car… and now they’re making nothing because it didn’t sell.
I ended up buying an LT1 for my new daily. It seems like not a lot of people realized that there was a V8 option below the SS.

I agree even the base V8 Camaro has a very stiff ride. It feels stiffer than the GT350 or my PP1 with the FP track handling suspension on it. I don't mind the ride at all, but I'm probably in the minority there.

Joshinator99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium, 2017 Camaro 2SS
I ended up buying an LT1 for my new daily. It seems like not a lot of people realized that there was a V8 option below the SS.

I agree even the base V8 Camaro has a very stiff ride. It feels stiffer than the GT350 or my PP1 with the FP track handling suspension on it. I don't mind the ride at all, but I'm probably in the minority there.
Unfortunately the base LT1 came out 4 years after the Gen6 Camaro launched. So for ‘16 through ‘18, a “base” SS came with all of the track equipment I mentioned even though anyone serious about tracking the car would opt up for the 1LE version… it just made no sense. I wanted to go fast in a straight line so I ended up stripping out track equipment I paid good money for lol…!
Sponsored