2015 Mustang GT PP vs. 2015 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Not true at all...Things are learned about a platform over the many years of development. Look at the SS Camaros development from release in the SS to the current revision. When the car was released it had awful reviews and many comments of suspension binding issues. If memory serves me right they moved the mounting points of the control arms which massive improved things. If the engineers new exactly what they had and there was no low to no cost improvements as the platform progressed then why the improvement? Where is the ROI and if they knew what they had why the changes...

I never said I was the worlds greatest driver. I'm not a professional and my driving has nothing to do with the slaughter of the GT pp by the 1le. You may be a vastly superior driver to me but in the end that has nothing to do with the fact that I want the best product I can afford. I've taken plenty of courses and had many track days of private instruction. On a track I can easily push the car to its limits or maybe I should say push the car until I expose its flaws.
"Slaughter of the GT/PP"

The 1LE gets slaughtered on every other aspect and straight tracks...but to you that doesn't count...what a joke.
Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
I never said I was the worlds greatest driver. I'm not a professional and my driving has nothing to do with the slaughter of the GT pp by the 1le. You may be a vastly superior driver to me but in the end that has nothing to do with the fact that I want the best product I can afford. I've taken plenty of courses and had many track days of private instruction. On a track I can easily push the car to its limits or maybe I should say push the car until I expose its flaws.
There's that jab again...slaughtered...face it....you love the Camaro. Admit it.

So you can drive a car at 10/10ths? Push a car to expose its flaws?? That is what Randy P. does....so with all your abilities you must have plenty of video evidence like Tim has shared as he is one that can drive at 9/10 of the cars abilities . Shit is getting deep now.

Come on Tim....gotta here your reply on his driving ability.

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium/PP and 2006 F150 FX4
Absolutely..I've been passed by Miatas on the track that I've had 100hp on. Driver makes all the difference. I also 100% agree that the Mustang isn't uncorked yet. The engineers need time. I believe the knowledge and parts gained by the GT350 will trickle down to the GT PP...Just like the ZL1 and 1le. People think I'm dogging the GT..I'm not! It's awesome and has ridiculous potential.
I was referring to the mustang gt with pp in its current state.. just the driver is not completely used to the new platform or driving it... it took me a couple years to build up the confidence in pushing my car and truck... but even with the current mustang, there is always room for improvement though Ford is not going to throw out a car keeping in mind the practicality of the mustang being mostly used as a street car... when the gt with PP and the 1LE was put on a practical and real world road test... Mustang was by far much better....the 1LE was installed with mostly components geared to a track environment. It's the history of GM to have a production car then have an outside company beef it up (aftermarket). Ford has made performance vehicles straight from the factory... a prime example of this is the Raptor and the Chevy Reaper and now... the next generation of the Raptor is in the works. I guess you can tag them as specialty vehicles

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
I've taken plenty of courses and had many track days of private instruction. On a track I can easily push the car to its limits or maybe I should say push the car until I expose its flaws.
Video(s) or it never happened. In car is the best training tool at your disposal and your private instructors would all but require it.

What tracks, what events, what dates, what cars?

tbonez3858

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bat mobile
There's that jab again...slaughtered...face it....you love the Camaro. Admit it.

So you can drive a car at 10/10ths? Push a car to expose its flaws?? That is what Randy P. does....so with all you abilities you must have plenty of video evidence like Tim has shared as he is one that can drive at 9/10 of the cars abilities . Shit is getting deep now.

Well Pobst is on a different level as he is a race car driver...I'm not in the same universe as he is. I do know I've spent enough time on the track to know when flaws exist and when I get to the point those flaws are exposed..That's all I'm trying to say.....My car will be a DD and if I'm ever in the spot I buy a dedicated track car it won't be a Mustang and or a Camaro.

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Well Pobst is on a different level as he is a race car driver...I'm not in the same universe as he is. I do know I've spent enough time on the track to know when flaws exist and when I get to the point those flaws are exposed..That's all I'm trying to say.....My car will be a DD and if I'm ever in the spot I buy a dedicated track car it won't be a Mustang and or a Camaro.
You are now spouting that you can drive a car to its fullest or until you expose its flaws...yet have no video track evidence?? The crap keeps getting deeper.

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro

So you can drive a car at 10/10ths? Push a car to expose its flaws?? That is what Randy P. does....so with all your abilities you must have plenty of video evidence like Tim has shared as he is one that can drive at 9/10 of the cars abilities . Shit is getting deep now.

Thanks for the 9/10th's but more like 6-7/10th's, 8-9/10th's sometimes and unfortunately 11/10th's. That pesky White MX-5 guy was a pretty solid driver in my group. If I had more laps and or didn't have to run him down.....

tbonez3858

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bat mobile
Video(s) or it never happened. In car is the best training tool at your disposal and your private instructors would all but require it.

What tracks, what events, what dates, what cars?

Multiple track days and private instruction at Road Atlanta and Atlanta motor sports park. In addition half day training on several cars including Areil atom, carts, etc....and yes I have video and have no intention of posting it. I've already said I'm an amateur and I'm not racing in any series....If you think I'm faking with my amateur status that has run hot laps and training then ok...lol.

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Multiple track days and private instruction at Road Atlanta and Atlanta motor sports park. In addition half day training on several cars including Areil atom, carts, etc....and yes I have video and have no intention of posting it. I've already said I'm an amateur and I'm not racing in any series....If you think I'm faking with my amateur status that has run hot laps and training then ok...lol.
[emoji85] [emoji87] [emoji86]

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
I do know I've spent enough time on the track to know when flaws exist and when I get to the point those flaws are exposed..That's all I'm trying to say.....
Well from personal experience I can jump out of a dedicated RWD track car and into a Mazda 3 (FWD factory stock sedan) and induce braking oversteer to get it to rotate and I never even drove the car before. What 'flaws' are you identifying? :confused:

Sponsored

tbonez3858

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bat mobile
Well from personal experience I can jump out of a dedicated RWD track car and into a Mazda 3 (FWD factory stock sedan) and induce braking oversteer to get it to rotate and I never even drove the car before. What 'flaws' are you identifying? :confused:

If the rear and front suspension in the Mustang GT PP is disconnected and or not communicating as several reviewers have stated I feel confident I could understand their comments, pick out the flaws and have issues with it within a day or two at the track. That is all I'm saying...

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP 50th Appearance
I'd love to see numbers from Sebring. You know, just an airport track that doesn't matter to anyone.

This thread rocks!

tbonez3858

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bat mobile
OK, I'm done then. :tsk:

I'm sorry to disappoint you...If you think I feel anything good would come from posting the videos up from this crew you would wrong. I'm obviously a gluten for punishment for having a difference of opinion on here but I think that ends at posting up my personal data...

tbonez3858

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bat mobile
I'd love to see numbers from Sebring. You know, just an airport track that doesn't matter to anyone.

This thread rocks!

I hope you aren't comparing the motown mile and Sebring.....

go count the corners....One is an entire airbase turned into a racetrack. The other is a race course that is built on a runway that was constructed by a magazine to test cars. The Motown mile is a joke.

Granted I did use a bad reference and stated airport race tracks so I could have used better terminology...That portion is on me.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.