carguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
[ame]

Ok I know this has been discussed at lengths, but this goes out to the media, cough cough Noonz... We know you know, can you at least give any hints as to how the PP GT stacked up against the 1LE? Pleeeeaaaasseee!
image.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
carguy

carguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Sub'n. This is definitely a match up I want to see.
What I am hoping to see is that it is at the very least about dead on tie with the 1LE. I am being realistic here. Yes, of course we all know the Mustang as at a tire disadvantage which is why I feel under the circumstances a tie would be really impressive.

R&T performance car of the year test is at VIR right?

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Might as well throw the BMW M235i into the mix then... as the 1LE's interior is inferior to the GT. The new Mustang has gone upscale & out classes the Camaro, now.

The new mustang is going to be an odd-sort of character on American roads, with BMW-like engineering w/Ford fit & finish..! A mix of euro & domestic dna.

I do hope the new up& coming Camaro is solid. America could use another Icon competing with other world cars. But I think as the new Mustang gets aired out, subtle difference & nuances of this new suspension will get figured out, Or tuned..

Lastly, in my opinion, the ONLY chevy worth noting is the Covette !!

HalfMoon

Brand Agnostic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06/Z07 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Might as well throw the BMW M235i into the mix then... as the 1LE's interior is inferior to the GT. The new Mustang has gone upscale & out classes the Camaro, now.

The new mustang is going to be an odd-sort of character on American roads, with BMW-like engineering w/Ford fit & finish..! A mix of euro & domestic dna.

I do hope the new up& coming Camaro is solid. America could use another Icon competing with other world cars. But I think as the new Mustang gets aired out, subtle difference & nuances of this new suspension will get figured out, Or tuned..

Lastly, in my opinion, the ONLY chevy worth noting is the Covette !!
I agree with what you're saying completely. I was tempted to pick up a 1LE since I've been a Chevy guy for a long time and it's been forever since I owned a Mustang. Problem is, the interior doesn't do it for me. I can work around the other issues with the car, but in the end I will be sitting inside the car. :)

While waiting for my Mustang (impatiently) I'm going to go drive the M235i today and possibly the M4. But the M4 is a bit expensive to be used/abused as my daily commuter car.

The more high quality cars in the segment the better. Brand loyalty aside, nothing drives the market like competition.

Sponsored

OP
OP
carguy

carguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Oh I completely agree that the interior of the Camaro is no where near the new Mustang. I'm only referring to lap times....performance. For example, if the lap time of the 1LE at VIR is 3:00, I want to see the PP right around that. Prediction that I would be comfortable with...

1LE VIR lap time 2:59
GT PP VIR lap time 3:00 to 3:02

Would love obviously to see the PP break sub 3 min though.

Noonz! Where are you?

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Oh I completely agree that the interior of the Camaro is no where near the new Mustang. I'm only referring to lap times....performance. For example, if the lap time of the 1LE at VIR is 3:00, I want to see the PP right around that. Prediction that I would be comfortable with...

1LE VIR lap time 2:59
GT PP VIR lap time 3:00 to 3:02

Would love obviously to see the PP break sub 3 min though.

Noonz! Where are you?

Yeah, but even so... have you ever looked at a Ford Racing parts catalog..?

OP
OP
carguy

carguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Yeah, but even so... have you ever looked at a Ford Racing parts catalog..?
Yes and don't worry, I am all about the GT PP as I will be picking mine up in the next couple weeks. I'm just talking stock for stock.

ChefBorOzzy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
w3rkn.. Still butthurt? It shows. Let me know when Ford produces a Chevy SS competitor or something that's actually better than it... Or when they put out a RWD sedan here in the US that's not an old person car.

Ford simply did not do enough to set a new bar and the 2016 Camaro will beat it in every performance category. You can argue all you want, but GM will not put out a "PP" Camaro that performs worse than the 1LE.

You can jump on Pill's bandwagon about having a "purpose built" chassis, but look what it has gotten Ford. Based on early reviews, it doesn't even outperform a 1LE Camaro from a previous generation.

GM performance cars..
CTS
Chevy SS
Corvette
Camaro
ATS

Ford
Mustang

Just watch the trickle down effect at work while some on here continue to praise the "purpose built" chassis for the Mustang.

OP
OP
carguy

carguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I have to revive this. Wouldn't you think Randy has ran both these cars around the course by now?

Sponsored

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
Randy is still racing, plus I don't think Ford has released any cars to the media for 'testing' just media events.

OP
OP
carguy

carguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Randy is still racing, plus I don't think Ford has released any cars to the media for 'testing' just media events.
Oh man it's just been the media events, huh? Well guess I am getting mine before any "real" reviews are out.:shrug:

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
Two things right off the bat I like on the 1le over the Mustang is:

1. HUD
2. Power heated recaro seats

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Two things right off the bat I like on the 1le over the Mustang is:

1. HUD
2. Power heated recaro seats
#2 is a nice option, if in colder climates;). Which you are.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.