Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
At the very end Thomas says something to the effect that he liked driving the S550 better than the Camaro, but now he’s not sure that’s still the case with the S650. Yikes.

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
As a personal side note; I wasn't impressed with the S550 until the 2018 model. So maybe after a few model years, and the Dark Horse packages, the S650 will improve in my eyes.

OP
OP
MAGS1

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
At the very end Thomas says something to the effect that he liked driving the S550 better than the Camaro, but now he’s not sure that’s still the case with the S650. Yikes.
Yeah. From personal experience, driving an S650 GT (non-PP) did not feel much different than my S550 GT (non-PP).

Interesting that they kept comparing their experiences with the S650 PP1 to an S550 PP2. The PP2 was better equipped to handle the track so to say the PP2 felt like a better car on track makes sense. I’m looking forward to their video on the Dark Horse when they eventually get their hands on one. Hopefully they compare it to the Mach 1 so we can get a good sense on how the 2 stack up on track.

Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Yeah. From personal experience, driving an S650 GT (non-PP) did not feel much different than my S550 GT (non-PP).

Interesting that they kept comparing their experiences with the S650 PP1 to an S550 PP2. The PP2 was better equipped to handle the track so to say the PP2 felt like a better car on track makes sense. I’m looking forward to their video on the Dark Horse when they eventually get their hands on one. Hopefully they compare it to the Mach 1 so we can get a good sense on how the 2 stack up on track.
When the Mach 1 first came out they were able to drive one and did a video with that an an M2, but at the time Ford was prohibiting media Mach's from being driven on a track so they weren't able to get a time to add to their list. Would assume it's in the neighborhood of the PP2 though.

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
When the Mach 1 first came out they were able to drive one and did a video with that an an M2, but at the time Ford was prohibiting media Mach's from being driven on a track so they weren't able to get a time to add to their list. Would assume it's in the neighborhood of the PP2 though.
Mike I think a non-hp car would be in the neighborhood of a pp2. I’m thinking an hp Mach would be a little better due to Cup2’s and programming and aero

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Mike I think a non-hp car would be in the neighborhood of a pp2. I’m thinking an hp Mach would be a little better due to Cup2’s and programming and aero
Hmm not sure about that... those PP2's were very capable, and had 305/30 Cup 2's all around.

RedTetsu13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT California Special

I mean from a track leaderboard perspective they don't have an official hotlap time for the PP1, Mach1, or GT350/GT350R. I get the feeling most of the issues that Thomas is feeling is probably Tire related, as I think he implied when they got into the comparison discussion. Back when the S550 was using michelin summers he never really complained as much and on top of that the S550 was a big step up over the S197. Given it seems they have yet to drive a DH it'll be interesting to get his impression on that but I get the feeling due to well ADM, the smart recommendation would be just build out an S550 or go Camaro.

RedTetsu13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT California Special
I think it'll depend on the track, given the Cup 2's are pretty magical I might prioritize that extra grip as being ahead of a non-hp mach.

Again its a shame no owners were willing to let Thomas and James track it out and they haven't done a run with a GT350R for time so those are two very important missing data-points in their leader board.

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
The sad part was.. none of them really pulled away from a F-150 with some dude chewing on grass & wearing a cowboy hat, and the 'superior' Mustang barely pulled on a 455 horse Camaro.
Just. My. Opinion.

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
The PP2 is closer to the Mach 1 HP than the base Mach 1. For the most part, it has the same dampers, sway bars, wheels and tires, and a few other things. What it lacks are some of the fluid coolers, deck spoiler, and better transmissions. The biggest thing that holds the PP2 back from a Mach 1 HP or GT 350 is the differential cooler, and transmission.

69boss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kasey
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT mustang Premium
Wow. S650 took a big step back. All those “improvements” and it is significantly slower than a similarly equipped S550

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
A non-handling pack Mach 1 is a performance pack 1 car with a sticker package.
I can see how people might think that but this video shows there’s quite a difference.

Sponsored