souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP 50th Appearance
You are comparing the miracle mile and Sebring.....lol ok

go count the corners....
WTF difference does that make.

All tracks are just corners connected by straights of some length. Some more, some less.

Corner count makes absolutely no difference at all to whether one car will benefit at a given track or not. What counts are the types of corners and how they're connected. And yes, they're very similar, at least a vast majority of the track.
Sponsored

tbonez3858

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bat mobile

All tracks are just corners connected by straights of some length. Some more, some less.

Corner count makes absolutely no difference at all to whether one car will benefit at a given track or not. What counts are the types of corners and how they're connected. And yes, they're very similar, at least a vast majority of the track.

Thats an argument that could go round and round with no clear straight always...

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro

So Road America, St. Pete, Daytona, Indy, Detroit are all out as well? Straightaways connected with corners, I agree completely, invalid for any comparison testing.

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
I'm sorry to disappoint you...If you think I feel anything good would come from posting the videos up from this Koolaid crew you would wrong. I'm obviously a gluten for punishment for having a difference of opinion on here but I think that ends at posting up my personal data...
Again :confused::confused::confused: Personal Data :lol: A difference of opinion, from what I understand others have an issue with is that your opinion changes per post, usually right after someone inquires about one of your opinions, so I'm :confused:

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
So Road America, St. Pete, Daytona, Indy, Detroit are all out as well? Straightaways connected with corners, I agree completely, invalid for any comparison testing.

Too many straights. Not a real track. Unfair for 1LE......lol

Sponsored

tbonez3858

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bat mobile
Again :confused::confused::confused: Personal Data :lol: A difference of opinion, from what I understand others have an issue with is that your opinion changes per post, usually right after someone inquires about one of your opinions, so I'm :confused:

You can claim that but it's simply not the truth. I've claimed...

generic..
GT pp is faster in a straight line
1le is faster in the twisties
GT pp has the better interior
Randy Pobst and others pointed out the same flaws

Personal
I want a track focused car not because it will be a track car but because I typically like driving track focused cars
I'm NOT anti-Mustang just disappointed in the PP
I'm definitely NOT a Camaro fan

100% of these can be backed up by data that has already been posted (outside of personal preference). Same comments over and over with no story change. The facts don't lie you guys just don't like them...In the end Pobst, who is a better driver than all of us, said the 1le was a better track car so I there is backing to my claims which are supported by data. You may feel free to attempt to discredit me but good luck discrediting Randy... This really is game over and case shut. We can keep discussing it until the cows come home but Randy's comments will echo until the next comparison. I hope the Stang comes out ahead with the GT350.

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
But that's exactly the point. They each have their strengths. Race tracks are composed of BOTH corners and straights. Tracks that have enough straights will benefit the Mustang, tracks that consist mainly of corners will benefit the 1le.

It's not so cut and dry that the 1le is best at the track. Although it is valid to say at tight twisty tracks the 1le will dominate. Fair enough. I get that you want the car that's both better in the corners AND better on the straight.

But to say the Mustang isn't a good track car is ignorant.

tbonez3858

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bat mobile
But that's exactly the point. They each have their strengths. Race tracks are composed of BOTH corners and straights. Tracks that have enough straights will benefit the Mustang, tracks that consist mainly of corners will benefit the 1le.

It's not so cut and dry that the 1le is best at the track. Although it is valid to say at tight twisty tracks the 1le will dominate. Fair enough. I get that you want the car that's both better in the corners AND better on the straight.

But to say the Mustang isn't a good track car is ignorant.

I'm not saying the GT PP isn't a good track car..A few pages ago I said tracks with less corners and longer straight aways would favor the GT pp. Tracks with more twisties would favor the 1le.

To each their own and the Mustang is an awesome car and I'm not taking anything away from it...I want the GT350 so FAR be it from me to dog on the car. If I could wait a few years the GT pp would probably fit the bill as well.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Here is a post of his. Thought I would share.

Im looking at the following:

Mustang GT350
The new C series that is supposed to be below the AMG but above the C400
235i m sport GC edition (if it is ever made)
S3
ATS-V ...Im not going to buy another GM product but I will see what it has to offer

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
I'm not saying the GT PP isn't a good track car..A few pages ago I said tracks with less corners and longer straight aways would favor the GT pp. Tracks with more twisties would favor the 1le.

To each their own and the Mustang is an awesome car and I'm not taking anything away from it...I want the GT350 so FAR be it from me to dog on the car. If I could wait a few years the GT pp would probably fit the bill as well.
And folks he has flopped back from saying the GT/PP was slaughtered. Stay tuned for more flip/flop action right here on Mustang6g

Sponsored

tbonez3858

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bat mobile
Tbonez3858 = Randy Pobst!! I knew it. Open and shut case folks!!
He is basically one of THE authorities on car testing....His opinion matters and how he communicates positives and negatives in the car in a clear and concise manner is amazing. There are one or two others that almost any gear head lends as much credence.

I respect Chris Harris opinion as well...

In the end their opinions aren't gospel. You have to go drive the car. In regards to Pobst I almost always walk away agreeing with his analysis regardless if I watch the review first or after.

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I doubt they'll ever make the GT w/PP try to be on par with the 1LE, that's just not Ford's thing. The aftermarket will easily get it there though, and probably not for much more money.

The GT350 is gonna show it how to drive a track though. Wish I could afford such a beast.

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
He is basically one of THE authorities on car testing....His opinion matters and how he communicates positives and negatives in the car in a clear and concise manner is amazing. There are one or two others that almost any gear head lends as much credence.
Magazine racers drink up another drivers opinion.

I make my own.

tbonez3858

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bat mobile
I doubt they'll ever make the GT w/PP try to be on par with the 1LE, that's just not Ford's thing. The aftermarket will easily get it there though, and probably not for much more money.

The GT350 is gonna show it how to drive a track though. Wish I could afford such a beast.

I may not be able to afford it either...:(

tbonez3858

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bat mobile
Here is a post of his. Thought I would share.

Im looking at the following:

Mustang GT350
The new C series that is supposed to be below the AMG but above the C400
235i m sport GC edition (if it is ever made)
S3
ATS-V ...Im not going to buy another GM product but I will see what it has to offer

I've clearly mentioned I've looked at other cars in the past (even in this thread)...cars are added and drop off of the list all of the time. You can add is350, SS, Vette, STI and evo to that list...What's your point?

By the way SUPER creepy tracking me down (srs). You aren't going to show up on my door step drooling are you...You seem obsessed at this point.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.