Sponsored

Quietest 3" axleback?

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
What is the quietest 3" axleback? There doesnt seem to be too many options. I am considering getting magnaflow 11229's and going custom but I figured I would ask here first if anyone knows what the quietest bolt on 3" axleback is for 2018's? Custom may be a pain because of the quad tip but idk

Current setup is mak cat deletes, MBRP street catback. Not quiet enough after the mak cat delete install its pretty ridiculous on cold starts. I think im going to put some 20" long bottle resonators on my H pipe and probably also change out the mufflers for magnaflow. I am thinking/hoping the magnaflow will be quite a bit more quiet than the MBRP street. Guess ill do the bottle resonators first and see how that goes.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 10R80
What is the quietest 3" axleback? There doesnt seem to be too many options. I am considering getting a 11229 and going custom but I figured I would ask here first if anyone knows what the quietest bolt on 3" axleback is for 2018's? Custom may be a pain because of the quad tip but idk

Maybe a Borla S-Type?

Stranger706

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT w/Roush SC
Ford performance for sure. I have the cat back and it’s the quietest besides stock.

I believe it’s the touring that is the quiet version.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I made my own, 20 inch glass packs as a resonator and magna flow straight through mufflers at the rear. I also have an X pipe. No drone and quiet enough I can get on it and not draw attention from the local cops. Still loud enough to sound good.

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 10R80
Ford performance for sure. I have the cat back and it’s the quietest besides stock.

I believe it’s the touring that is the quiet version.

He asked for an axle back, not a cat back. The Ford performance touring is made by Borla.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Axel back? I'd go with the magna flows and have a pipe custom made for them to fit.

OP
OP
Andy13186

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I dont see any 3" offerings from them, do you happen to have a link?

I was going to put magnaflow 12599 as a mid muffler but its too big and needs to be chopped up quite a bit to work. Trying to figure out a plan to have my cold starts reasonable volume

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
magnaflo #11229 at the rear and some glass packs as resonators. 350 or so if you have a muffler shop install it.

Cold starts are not a problem anymore and it sounds mean when getting on it. Deep muscle car tone no rasp and no drone.

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold

Sponsored

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
What exactly are you trying to achieve with this quiet axle back? And what is your current exhaust set up?

OP
OP
Andy13186

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What exactly are you trying to achieve with this quiet axle back? And what is your current exhaust set up?
Current setup is mak cat deletes, MBRP street catback. Not quiet enough after the mak cat delete install its pretty ridiculous on cold starts and above half throttle. I think im going to put some 20" long bottle resonators on my H pipe and probably also change out the mufflers for magnaflow. I am thinking/hoping the magnaflow will be quite a bit more quiet than the MBRP street. Guess ill do the bottle resonators first and see how that goes.

Im putting a whipple on soon, thats why I did the cat deletes since I think they would fail. I also dont want to obstruct flow so I want the quietest possible with the least amount of flow restriction which I think the magnaflow may be the best option.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Current setup is mak cat deletes, MBRP street catback. Not quiet enough after the mak cat delete install its pretty ridiculous on cold starts and above half throttle. I think im going to put some 20" long bottle resonators on my H pipe and probably also change out the mufflers for magnaflow. I am thinking/hoping the magnaflow will be quite a bit more quiet than the MBRP street. Guess ill do the bottle resonators first and see how that goes.

Im putting a whipple on soon, thats why I did the cat deletes since I think they would fail. I also dont want to obstruct flow so I want the quietest possible with the least amount of flow restriction which I think the magnaflow may be the best option.
Yeah I would start with the resonators and see if that's enough. I put the borla s type on a month ago and it was too loud for me. Added their resonated h pipe and it brought it down just enough to take the edge off and make it livable. Sounds great now.

Siege

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible PP1, 2003 Marauder Trilogy S/C #250, 1992 Mustang 5.0 Notch
On my Evo Ix I put a small Dynomax bullet muffler where the cat was in the stock setup. That combined with the muffler on my 3" setup was enough to allow plenty of flow and a quiet exhaust.

Zeb8806

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zeb
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium PP
I have 3” xforce cat back, it is just a touch louder then stock. Very tame. I went that way because it has a resonated x pipe and I knew I was going to delete the cats at some point with my blower. I installed cat deletes this winter but have not fired it up yet.
Sponsored