Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Thanks for the update.

I guess that makes for a little more flow sharing but still not so much that the V8 rumble would be too subdued.

Norm
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
That design looks like its main intention is to provide slightly different effective resonance lengths, right bank vs left. Which suggests that the basic exhaust arrangement itself is inherently subject to droning.

I'm guessing that the resonator is oriented inlet at the top in the picture, which puts what might be a smallish amount of flow sharing last.

Norm
It's actually at the bottom of the picture.

Deleted member 35786

That tinny sound with the stock mufflers is a no go.. Sweet cars though.

Commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
The internal piping is 2.25". It is not particularly restrictive but its design makes the high rev tone a bit farty sounding vs a resonated X-pipe (CJ PP one) or H pipe (Borla resonator). That's from the lack of direct flow crossover. It's likely missing a few high rpm hp as well for the same reason over an X-pipe.
pipe diameter can be restrictive yes. but considering the perforations equalize pressure in the chamber, it would be no different than what an H cross over does. Keep in mind Ford engineers designed this to function both sound and flow and besides weight and pipe diameter, the stock resonator is not a bad piece of engineering. Cost is likely the biggest reason it's designed the way it is.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
pipe diameter can be restrictive yes. but considering the perforations equalize pressure in the chamber, it would be no different than what an H cross over does. Keep in mind Ford engineers designed this to function both sound and flow and besides weight and pipe diameter, the stock resonator is not a bad piece of engineering. Cost is likely the biggest reason it's designed the way it is.
Performance-wise, yes. Acoustically, it is different.

Sponsored

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
Bjstang, I missed something. Why did you suspect the holes were punched out at the cross overs? Did they build it with out notching the holes out, which it looks like? If so, which manufacture was it?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
actually you're starting to get on my nerves. you're one of those people that beat a topic to death and think your singular experience is the be all end all of knowledge. all to justify you're keyboard researched efforts to justify your budget minded purchases.

you bought a cheap exhaust and want to feel good about it. i get it. now go away.

dman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt pp lightning
actually you're starting to get on my nerves. you're one of those people that beat a topic to death and think your singular experience is the be all end all of knowledge. all to justify you're keyboard researched efforts to justify your budget minded purchases.

you bought a cheap exhaust and want to feel good about it. i get it. now go away.
100%. this guy listed installing floor mats as a modification in some journal he posted. usually no biggie but give us a break, especially with the 'tude.

Commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
100%. this guy listed installing floor mats as a modification in some journal he posted. usually no biggie but give us a break, especially with the 'tude.

i think the ignore button is the best solution.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase