Quietest axel-back exhaust

RicardoC50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ricardo
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
I know this is about axle backs but has anyone ever heard the Ford performance touring catback the one with the resonator paired up with catless headers. Looking to go this route to tone it down. Currently have catless headers with the mbrp street and keep getting pulled over also the mbrp is drony asf so wanna try something different.
Sponsored

dman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt pp lightning
A couple of weeks ago I purchased a 2016 GT with a Roush axle-back exhaust already installed on it. I am not the type who likes a very loud/drone heavy exhaust. Any suggestions on what I should replace it with?
factory mufflers and lose the resonator. h or x pipe? lower tone or slight more high note. i chose
x pipe and exactly what i hoped for. just enough...

ecohorsie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
I bought a used Acceletec axle back locally for $150. Was looking for some rumble and no drone as the stock exhaust was super quiet and that's not why I bought the car.
Definite deep rumble on startup and idle but no drone on highway. A bit louder than I would have preferred but I'm happy overall.

Leigh_bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt
A couple of weeks ago I purchased a 2016 GT with a Roush axle-back exhaust already installed on it. I am not the type who likes a very loud/drone heavy exhaust. Any suggestions on what I should replace it with?
I have a great suggestion for you that I’m happy with in my Bullitt 2020.
Stock active exhaust and H-Pipe.

but I have also had the quiet mode tuned. So the valves stay closed under 1800rpm and whenever foot is off the gas. It gradually gets Louder the more you floor the pedal.
This way there is zero drone and it stays respectable in quiet areas. It’s really quite good.
Sponsored