OP

Jdotrizzle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
So where is the solo performance mach xv among the other exhausts in terms of loudness? And tbh, my only worry is about the cold starts in the morning, idc how loud it is once I get away from my house

Jaybob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT premium performance package
The one you are looking for would be the Magnaflow Street Series catback. That was the first one I put on my 2017 GT. The 4.5 inch tips filled out the valence perfectly and looked great... Kept it on for about 6 months...just wasn't loud enough..so I stepped up to the MBRP street series catback...it was a little louder on cold starts and WOT....Kept it for about 5K miles and got bored with it...switched it out to the CORSA Extreme a month ago....and it fits my taste perfectly. There is no drone at all at highway speeds in all 3 of these exhaust.

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
Hello all. So I live in a super quiet neighborhood where loud cars are very much “discouraged”. I just got my 2016 5.0 and as much as I love it, my only problem is it sounds so... neutered. So my question is, what is a quiet exhaust that can bring back some of the muscle to this car?
Get the system I have. I was having same concerns. See my signature. It's active, less expensive than others, no need to modify for quad tip.

With closed valve it is as quiet as stock. Open valve - louder, but not very loud. No drone. You can find youtube videos.

1TUFF_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JESSE
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP. 2001 Mustang GT Cam’d & Vortech’d
i have the xforce axle back paired with a x pipe and its sounds pretty good! Quiet or loud whenever you want and zero drone!

Get the system I have. I was having same concerns. See my signature. It's active, less expensive than others, no need to modify for quad tip.

With closed valve it is as quiet as stock. Open valve - louder, but not very loud. No drone. You can find youtube videos.

Sponsored

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
I have a full ARH exhaust with their catted longtubes and my tune has the high rpm cold starts disabled. I start the car with the garage door closed and open it after it starts. No complaints from my neighbors ever. It’s also quieter than most of the guys in my local group’s cars with just a catback. I’d recommend this setup for anybody considering longtubes.

GP2017GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
LT BLUE 2017 GT
The one you are looking for would be the Magnaflow Street Series catback. That was the first one I put on my 2017 GT. The 4.5 inch tips filled out the valence perfectly and looked great... Kept it on for about 6 months...just wasn't loud enough..so I stepped up to the MBRP street series catback...it was a little louder on cold starts and WOT....Kept it for about 5K miles and got bored with it...switched it out to the CORSA Extreme a month ago....and it fits my taste perfectly. There is no drone at all at highway speeds in all 3 of these exhaust.
My friend has the Corsa Extreme and it sounds great, you can hear him coming from a block away. But for me I don't want to piss off my neighbors and sometimes even with my Borla Touring exhaust I want to tell my car to STFU. Sometimes I wish it was louder. Go figure.

Stang55

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Qays
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang 5.0 Premium
So where is the solo performance mach xv among the other exhausts in terms of loudness? And tbh, my only worry is about the cold starts in the morning, idc how loud it is once I get away from my house
If your main concern is cold starts stay away from catbacks that have an X pipe, I have a Borla Atak catback and the coldstarts where brutal. I installed the resonator and now it sounds much better. It holds all that sound when you start the engine, but when you drive you can still hear the same mufflers just more tame.

OP
OP

Jdotrizzle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
So I’ve narrowed my search down to 3. Bourla touring, arh pure thunder, solo performance touring. The only one I don’t have much information on is the solo. How loud is it compared to the others?

Stang55

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Qays
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang 5.0 Premium
So I’ve narrowed my search down to 3. Bourla touring, arh pure thunder, solo performance touring. The only one I don’t have much information on is the solo. How loud is it compared to the others?
Bear in mind the solo does not have any mufflers and uses a J pipe to eliminate the drone, you should also consider MBRP Street (even though it’s non resonated) plenty of people on this platform are happy with those as well 😋👍

Sponsored

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017

same here, it's brilliant for not pissing off the neighbours but giving some noise when you're out of sight. Could do with being a little louder when valves open if I'm being honest

Stang55

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Qays
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang 5.0 Premium
same here, it's brilliant for not pissing off the neighbours but giving some noise when you're out of sight. Could do with being a little louder when valves open if I'm being honest
It’s not just your neighbors, as an owner you get tired of hearing loud noises in the cabin all the time, the person suffering the most is the driver not his temporary surroundings

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Borla Touring Catback with the resonator.
I wanted something with lower muscle car sound but not obnoxious in and outside the car.
This was perfect, I highly recommend!

Stang55

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Qays
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang 5.0 Premium
My friend had a 2015 Mustang GT with the Borla Atak Catback, it sounded great as it was loud and clear, then he added Kooks 1 7/8 catless headers and the sound completely went to shit, point I want to bring up is when picking your catback try and plan it so that if you add headers in the future you don’t ruin the way the car sounds 👍 You could even go for an S type system and for 280 dollars convert it to a touring if it’s too loud or you will add headers

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
Speaking of neighbors - they are pissed of cold engine starts. Pretty much any aftermarket exhaust is much louder during cold starts, even the one that gets quiet on warm.

varex is OEM loud during cold starts, i've seen youtube clip with sound measuring equipment oem vs varex.

And even though some say it's not too loud valves open I find it "just right". Find myself driving it with valves closed once in a while.
Sponsored