K4fxd

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Anyway, the questions isn't if HPtuners works, but whether PCMtec does.
What is your strategy number?

If you post it I'll take a look.
Sponsored

OP
OP
K4fxd

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
In HP it will be under EDIT > calibration details > operating system.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
Can't say for sure if the controls work, but PCMTec has the strategy in their library and the Active Exhaust parameters are defined:

1702912542166.png

Sponsored

junits15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I have an issue with HPtuners and the active exhaust configuration. The tables don't seem to be taken into consideration. No matter what changes I do to them, the valves seem to work the same. While I can't be completely sure of this, I suspect it's because my car is Euro-spec. It may be that in Euro vehicles the exhaust valves are controlled a bit differently. I also cannot monitor the commanded position of the valves - it always shows zero.

Can PCMtec help with that? Can it configure the active exhaust and, more importantly, can it do it with non-US Mustangs?
I had that issue with HPT on my US-spec car, they were no help and assured me it was something I did.

PCMtech worked, we have a different strategy, maybe it was the same issue though.

Last edited:
OP
OP
K4fxd

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1702914398010.png

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Thanks, Dan. So PCMtec can control the active exhaust. That's good news. Now, whether this also works with non-US Mustangs is anyone's guess. I was hoping that Rolls might chime in and confirm it.

My understanding is that PCMtec doesn't rely on a proprietary hardware interface, like HPtuners does, and that they only sell you the software and the licence to use it on your car. What kind of hardware interface would I need? Would an OBDLink EX work?

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
O2 sensor tests are needed for epa compliance in the USA. If they have been already turned off in your tune it will let you turn them back on, but not the reverse.

EPA has the ability to shut down anyone basically over night and we have no intention of letting 6 years of development be shut down due to something like that.

You can make 1000hp and pass emissions, it is just more difficult. Do it right and everyone will stay in this game a lot longer.
Your statement answered a question I was going to post regarding “E”…. Because “E” has been cruising the net, forums, eBay, shops, and other platforms where they can pick up on any “defeat” or “tuning” device that is altering the vehicle’s As Built parameters OR that is a device that will alter emissions components operation and functionality.

I would not doubt they are using some type of AI coding to scan the web for specific search terms (such as their own “E” acronym, which is why I am purposefully not using it). They swiftly hit and shut down way too many businesses and imposed major fines on those who were not shut down. There’s just no way there’s an office of people manually crawling the web to look for multiple search terms to find violators, products, and defeat devices.

They're not only going after devices that can make alterations to code, but they’ve been hitting hardware sales as well (ie: exhaust components). Many of you have probably seen product disappear from online vendors where now that vendor only has CARB compliant products.

I hope you stay in the game and that eventually people will “get it” that with today’s technology, deleting cats and/or trying to tune where the tune is trying to defeat pollution control modules isn’t the answer anymore…. It can be done properly to still have fun and modern vehicles are way more efficient than those of the last 30 years where doing such things really doesn’t have any marginal benefit putzing around ON THE STREET.

DB83

Granny Shifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Am i reading this right? If i buy this software and want to install the ford power pack 3 calibration, its already in one of the preset calibrations? So basically, find the calibration, flash it and go?

Would doing this retain the different drive modes from the toggle switch?

Also, would this software have to ability to add downshift throttle blip like the auto-blip units do? I understand the proper rev matching requires extra hardware and may not be possible.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
Am i reading this right? If i buy this software and want to install the ford power pack 3 calibration, its already in one of the preset calibrations? So basically, find the calibration, flash it and go?
Not quite.

I’m not sure that pcmtec has the FP cal in their library; I’m guessing not. Even if they did, I don’t think you can just replace the OS with a different one.

More likely you’d have to get a bit more creative. You can download hptuners for free and find an FP cal on their forums. Compare it to a stock read and then copy all of the differences into yours using pcmtec. Or really, the FP cal is just maf, tb, and borderline timing changes you could individually work out for yourself (tb and maf model from gt350, add a couple deg borderline), etc..

OP
OP
K4fxd

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
I’m not sure that pcmtec has the FP cal in their library;
They are still waiting for someone to upload a clean copy. Has to be the original flash from the pro cal device read with PCMtec.

Rolls

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pcmtec.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 18 GT
They are still waiting for someone to upload a clean copy. Has to be the original flash from the pro cal device read with PCMtec.
The stock file is uploaded and available. Obviously you cannot just blindly flash this in as it comes with a kit of parts.

1703213722030.png
Sponsored