Sponsored

PCMtec

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
@Rolls you mentioned turbo 3.5 Taurus; are you talking about the 2011 green oak? This is a newly supported platform?
Sponsored

Rolls

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pcmtec.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 18 GT
@Rolls you mentioned turbo 3.5 Taurus; are you talking about the 2011 green oak? This is a newly supported platform?
The 2015 Tricore1797 3.5L CYCLONE IVCT GTDI D258 Taurus. Livernois did one this week past with user flex and map switching.

Anything using the Ticore1797 is supported generally across the board, focus and Taurus. I believe as early as 2013 potentially is supported, I'd have to go check the files for the earliest date they used this pcm. 2015 onwards is a pretty much guarantee though.

Ford D3 platform - Wikipedia

Last edited:

junits15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Edit: general update, along with the whipple/roush support we are now have full custom os as support available for Taurus 3.5 turbo and Ford focus /Fiesta.
Including USDM focus/Fiesta? Potentially ST and RS? Ethanol is a giant thing on those platforms, I would know I used to have one, but they have to blend up to 30% which is a giant pain to do even with a gauge. You have to be picky about the fuel concentration because the car has no way to adjust based on fuel alcohol.

Custom OS on a focus would eat Cobb's lunch, being able to switch any parameter immediately makes it better than the current product offerings. You got me wishing I still had mine lol

Last edited:

Rolls

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pcmtec.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 18 GT
Including USDM focus/Fiesta? Potentially ST and RS? Ethanol is a giant thing on those platforms, I would know I used to have one, but they have to blend up to 30% which is a giant pain to do even with a gauge. You have to be picky about the fuel concentration because the car has no way to adjust based on fuel alcohol.

Custom OS on a focus would eat Cobb's lunch, being able to switch any parameter immediately makes it better than the current product offerings. You got me wishing I still had mine lol
If you give me a VIN/Strategy I can confirm exactly. The Focus RS/ST are currently supported. The DSG box we are still working on.

Whilst in beta user flex fuel is fully functional on these vehicles.

junits15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
If you give me a VIN/Strategy I can confirm exactly. The Focus RS/ST are currently supported. The DSG box we are still working on.

Whilst in beta user flex fuel is fully functional on these vehicles.
Thats very exciting! I appreciate the response.

Unfortunately I don't have that car any more, I could get a vin from some of the guys I keep in touch with but its mostly a curiosity. I'm just very impressed with the versatility of CustomOS.

I'll ask around and see how people feel about it. The Cobb system is highly accepted and understood, and the platform is sadly a lot more quiet than the mustang. In the US its dying, as much as I hate to admit it. CuOS is a better solution for sure, but I dont want to generate work for you guys by pushing for a platform that is only going to dwindle.

I do know one guy who would be interested for sure, super smart guy likes to mess around and do weird stuff with his car. I'll kick him over to PCMtech :)

For me personally I'm just gonna keep my eyes open for a DIY customOS upgrade path so I can get my flex tune going lol.

Sponsored

Rolls

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pcmtec.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 18 GT

Rolls

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pcmtec.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 18 GT
Black Friday Sale!

You asked for it, here it is. ProTuner with Custom OS now available and with a mouth watering 37% discount!

This is a special product limited to 1 Vehicle or VIN for CustomOS designed for the DIY market. For ~$650 USD you get the ProTuner product WITH full access to the CustomOS wizard. This includes the 10 credits required for licensing a multi tune with all the bells and whistles.

This is a ~$400 DISCOUNT get it while you can!

https://www.pcmtec.com/pcmtec-editor-diy-protuner-one-car-customos-edition

ONE WEEK ONLY then price goes back to $1k USD.

Note. This is limited to 1 vehicle only and designed for DIY use.

There will be upgrade paths for the following available upon request (simply the difference in price)

Existing Pro Tuner users with unlimited VINs who want to gain access to the CustomOS Wizard.

Existing Pro Tuner users who want to gain access to the CustomOS Wizard and only want 1 VIN.

Anyone with a 1 VIN limit to upgrade to unlimited VINs (The full workshop product).

We realise most of you here are single use users who may only license their car this product is for you. If you use the product commercially then we recommend the full workshop product. Or if down the track you decide that you do want to do more vehicles, then you can always upgrade.

1700809650286.png

Last edited:

Grimreaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Roush cals for gen2's up and running. Glad it was brought back up. Have been waiting for it to update on its own.

The table and parameter volume is staggering. Taking time to get the hang of navigation due to the access allowed now. Knew there was more in the ecu... just needed ways to see it!

Excited for some fine tuning that other software hasnt allowed access to. would recommend starting here and taking it slow to get the hang of things if new to it.

brderline timing.png

cams.jpg

tables.jpg

mejohn50

Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
slow junk
Roush cals for gen2's up and running. Glad it was brought back up. Have been waiting for it to update on its own.

The table and parameter volume is staggering. Taking time to get the hang of navigation due to the access allowed now. Knew there was more in the ecu... just needed ways to see it!

Excited for some fine tuning that other software hasnt allowed access to. would recommend starting here and taking it slow to get the hang of things if new to it.

brderline timing.png

cams.jpg

tables.jpg
One of the first things I did was sat down with HPT on one screen and PCMTEC on another. I’d find something in HPT, then try to find it in PCMTEC. It helped that when ProTuner was released I was away from my car for 3 weeks, so I had plenty of time play and find parameters.

The amount of access is crazy. It’s amazing some of the stuff in there that we can change.

Sponsored

Rolls

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pcmtec.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 18 GT
For those who purchased ProTuner already and want to upgrade to ProTuner with CustomOS and a 1 Vin limit we now have an automatic upgrade product. This takes into account what you have previously spent on and is simply the difference in price.

https://www.pcmtec.com/pcmtec-editor-upgrade-diy-protuner-one-car-customos-edition-global

We will be honouring the Black Friday price specials until the end of this week (10th). After which the prices will increase to the following

ProTuner $195 AUD (~$128 USD) including 3 credits
ProTuner + CustomOS with 1 VIN Limit $960 AUD (~$630 USD) including 10 credits

ProTuner -> ProTuner + CustomOS Upgrade = The difference in price.

For anyone who put a ticket in, this upgrade product is now live and available, we will also reply to your tickets.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I have an issue with HPtuners and the active exhaust configuration. The tables don't seem to be taken into consideration. No matter what changes I do to them, the valves seem to work the same. While I can't be completely sure of this, I suspect it's because my car is Euro-spec. It may be that in Euro vehicles the exhaust valves are controlled a bit differently. I also cannot monitor the commanded position of the valves - it always shows zero.

Can PCMtec help with that? Can it configure the active exhaust and, more importantly, can it do it with non-US Mustangs?

ZXMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I have an issue with HPtuners and the active exhaust configuration. The tables don't seem to be taken into consideration. No matter what changes I do to them, the valves seem to work the same. While I can't be completely sure of this, I suspect it's because my car is Euro-spec. It may be that in Euro vehicles the exhaust valves are controlled a bit differently. I also cannot monitor the commanded position of the valves - it always shows zero.

Can PCMtec help with that? Can it configure the active exhaust and, more importantly, can it do it with non-US Mustangs?
this all definitely works on my US spec car. Make sure you are using the latest Hp tuners beta and make sure you set the PID in scanner to the fastest poll/read setting. The valves move fast and you might have the PID set too slow to pick it up.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Yeah, I know it works with US cars. With non-US it doesn't. It's not the software version, nor a matter of settings. It just doesn't work with non-US Mustangs; I'm not the only one. And the HPtuners support is useless.

Anyway, the questions isn't if HPtuners works, but whether PCMtec does.
Sponsored