KKell83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenneth
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hi all,

I've installed a Procharger P1X Stage 2 (1FW412-SCI) on my car fairly recently and have added roughly 3-4k miles on it. And so far it's alright... Sounds crazy to say that after spending $8k on this kit but it's true, It's just alright. I was hoping I would be doing backflips from excitement but all it has brought was doubt - if a Paxton or ESS would have been better blah... blah... blah. Either way I know these kits are solid so it was just a matter of time I found the issue/cause. Originally I bought the Cali smog kit which Procharger states 9psi at redline which I'm figuring is 7000rpm but it'd hit a wall at 6500.

After watching several dyno videos which proved that the stock intake manifold doesn't do well after this rpm I ended up buying a non-ported 2018+ with the addition of locked IMRC's (kept throwing codes with them), a tune from PBD and added a cone directly to the Procharger. Anyways with these new items I started digging into the build. Well, after all the tuning ended it did feel quicker but with another grand sunk into the car it still doesn't seem the best; like it could be SO MUCH MORE!

The next course of action was to verify the boost. So I moved the dual pods and installed two AEM units. And upon the first rip I only saw 5-6psi... huh... Strange since I'm reving to 7500 now with the newer intake. Mind you, this was in 100* temps but IAT2 temps were 103-105. Ripped on it again yesterday when my IAT2s were in the mid 90s and now it's 6-7 with just a quick flash showing 8psi (only saw it once). But part of me believed I saw the boost fluctuate as rpms rose.. 4,5,6,7,6,5,7... like what! The 6rib belt has 3k miles on it but can I still get belt slip with that low of boost? I cannot find a leak anywhere unless I pressurize the Procharger P1X (around the main cover) or the built-in leak their base valve has. Aside from that I'm still scratching my head.

Should I invest in a HD belt or that newer RPM unit?

20220717_172054.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ghorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Hopefully someone familiar with this kit will chime in to help you, but that sounds like it could definitely be belt slip to me. Especially being a 6 rib. Have you contacted Procharger?

OP
OP
KKell83

KKell83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenneth
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hopefully someone familiar with this kit will chime in to help you, but that sounds like it could definitely be belt slip to me. Especially being a 6 rib. Have you contacted Procharger?
Only by email. Nothing yet.

"added their response below"

Last edited:

Brad1810r80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 2018 F150
I don't have this kit , I have an ESS but its 6 rib and similar. Couple things I'd check is belt tensioner, I would just replace the belt with a new gates belt, and also check the vacuum line going to the BOV. The kit you have is a great kit and will make the power. When doing a lot at a time always some little bugs to work out.

How are you measuring the boost? When I check for belt slip I look at my MAF count, it will go up down if you have slip.

Only by email. Nothing yet.

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
My slightly educated guess first would be a boost leak somewhere, especially when you are seeing fluctuating boost numbers. It makes me think there is boost building, then it burps out a leak in a clamp above a certain amount of pressure, then momentarily reseals, then burps out again once the boost builds to that level again. second guess is belt slip, and I would look at the factory tensioner being your car is a 2015.

Sponsored

Brandon91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
I had a boost leak on mine and it was the pro flow valve. The arm was stuck causing the leak. I upgraded to a tial and I haven’t had any problems with boost since then.

OP
OP
KKell83

KKell83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenneth
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I don't have this kit , I have an ESS but its 6 rib and similar. Couple things I'd check is belt tensioner, I would just replace the belt with a new gates belt, and also check the vacuum line going to the BOV. The kit you have is a great kit and will make the power. When doing a lot at a time always some little bugs to work out.

How are you measuring the boost? When I check for belt slip I look at my MAF count, it will go up down if you have slip.
The tensioner is stock. And with this kit you really have to pry on the belt to get it to fit, there's barely any slack. I'll double check the BOV.

I haven't looked at MAF count yet, I guess I could view some old logs. I figured Rob at PBD would have said something while tuning it but you never know. I'm just using a newly installed AEM electrical boost guage.

OP
OP
KKell83

KKell83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenneth
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
My slightly educated guess first would be a boost leak somewhere, especially when you are seeing fluctuating boost numbers. It makes me think there is boost building, then it burps out a leak in a clamp above a certain amount of pressure, then momentarily reseals, then burps out again once the boost builds to that level again. second guess is belt slip, and I would look at the factory tensioner being your car is a 2015.
Sounds good. I ordered a new belt and should have it picked up later today. I am running a factory tensioner - has 26k miles on it. Maybe it's weak...

OP
OP
KKell83

KKell83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenneth
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I had a boost leak on mine and it was the pro flow valve. The arm was stuck causing the leak. I upgraded to a tial and I haven’t had any problems with boost since then.
No kidding... Well that's a future goal for me. With the arm stuck did it make any boost? Or just bleeds it off? Did you weld on a new flange to use this tial?

Brandon91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
No kidding... Well that's a future goal for me. With the arm stuck did it make any boost? Or just bleeds it off? Did you weld on a new flange to use this tial?
The valve was about 20% opened when the arm was stuck in the incorrect position. My air load went from 1.45 to 1.70 at 7500rpm after changing the bov.

I mounted the tial in the hose that the pro flow was connected to with a adapter. I’ll see if I can find the link. I found it on another members build thread if I’m not mistaken.

Sponsored

Brandon91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
At idle it sounds the same as the pro flow. Letting out after a pull it’s extremely loud. Also if it’s in sport plus or track with all of the downshifts it’s gets pretty loud.

Since I put it on I really haven’t got to enjoy the car that much. My opg broke a few weeks after replacing the bov. I just recently had a new long block put in with a billet opg and now I’m chasing a vacuum leak that’s causing my fuel trims freak out at idle. It never ends….

OP
OP
KKell83

KKell83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenneth
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Prochager got back to me.

"Good afternoon Ken,

What you are see is boost loss due to elevation. Be that your kit is a 50 state legal kit with carb compliance mandates a standard pulley all our specs are based on sea level. So at 2400ft you are losing 2 pounds of boost.

Andrew Bostrom
Technical Service
Accessible Technologies, Inc.

ProCharger.com
Inovair.com
Office: 913-338-2886 ext: 7231"

Last edited:
OP
OP
KKell83

KKell83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenneth
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
At idle it sounds the same as the pro flow. Letting out after a pull it’s extremely loud. Also if it’s in sport plus or track with all of the downshifts it’s gets pretty loud.

Since I put it on I really haven’t got to enjoy the car that much. My opg broke a few weeks after replacing the bov. I just recently had a new long block put in with a billet opg and now I’m chasing a vacuum leak that’s causing my fuel trims freak out at idle. It never ends….
Sorry to hear about all that. Hopefully everything gets sorted out and you can enjoy your car.
Sponsored