pmor4243

pmor4243

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Parker
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Thank you. I did figure it out however and tapped into the vaccum tree as per the Procharger instructions that came with my stage 2 kit
Awesome. Ya I had mine coming off that initially as well but for some reason it was giving me some weird readings on my boost gauge which is what lead me to trying another source.
Sponsored

OP
OP
pmor4243

pmor4243

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Parker
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Why not use water/methanol injection?
Hey Jackson1320, I decided to take your advice on adding water/meth to the car purely for the added safety net on 91 octane.

I was curious, when it comes to mounting the nozzle, is there enough meat in the Procharger piping to drill and tap the nozzle directly into one of the charge pipe or is a bung pretty much required to be welded to the pipe for more thread engagement. I also ordered an adapter to run the nozzle in one of the silicone tubes, but that was more of a fallback option.

kevinvan6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020Mustang GT
Hey Jackson1320, I decided to take your advice on adding water/meth to the car purely for the added safety net on 91 octane.

I was curious, when it comes to mounting the nozzle, is there enough meat in the Procharger piping to drill and tap the nozzle directly into one of the charge pipe or is a bung pretty much required to be welded to the pipe for more thread engagement. I also ordered an adapter to run the nozzle in one of the silicone tubes, but that was more of a fallback option.
I was running one of those adapters to mount the nozzle in my silicone tube and it did nothing but leak (boost/vacuum). I'd try and get it mounted in the piping if possible. I ended up going with an injection ring from Snow performance to resolve my issues.

OP
OP
pmor4243

pmor4243

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Parker
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I was running one of those adapters to mount the nozzle in my silicone tube and it did nothing but leak (boost/vacuum). I'd try and get it mounted in the piping if possible. I ended up going with an injection ring from Snow performance to resolve my issues.
Thanks for the insight. I definitely would like to not use that little silicone boot adapter. After looking it over, I'm thinking I may just weld/add some material to one of the metal tubes post intercooler and tap the nozzle into that. Since the tubes seem to be steel, it shouldn't be hard at all to add a little bung.

OP
OP
pmor4243

pmor4243

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Parker
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Figured I would add one more update in here in hopes that it helps anyone else that decides to go with a similar set up.

I got the methanol system all hooked up and installed - went with a trunk mounted set up. After going through several nozzles, I ultimately ended up needing dual nozzles to achieve the knock suppression I was going for. As of today, I have ended up with a 20GPH nozzle and 9 GPH nozzle along with a a 70/30 meth/water mix.

This combination seems to be working well in the 100* temps we've been getting in Utah and is allowing me to see the KR showing negative values throughout a WOT pull vs the 2-4* I would get on just pump gas. I am also only seeing a -2-3% correction in short term fueling at WOT.

After going through multiple nozzles, it seemed that anything less than this was just not quite keeping the knock at bay, and I was also not seeing it affect fueling at all. It seems like a number of other members on here were in the 20 GPH range so I'm not sure if it is my altitude, low quality gas, or something else causing the need for more volume but it seems to finally be providing the right amount of knock suppression with this combo.

Hopefully everything will continue to operate smoothly. Ill update here along the way based on what I learn since the whole reason I added the methanol was for *hopefully* better reliability and not risking a detonation event with the 91 octane that we have my area. So far the car has been a blast.

Sponsored

Weeee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1, Mach E GT
Hey @pmor4243 - how about a long term update? I'm oh so curious as I like the theme of your build (street and reliability vs all out powa) and may mimic it with an ESS set up instead. Also, did you end up changing out the factory injectors and fuel pump?

OP
OP
pmor4243

pmor4243

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Parker
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Hey @pmor4243 - how about a long term update? I'm oh so curious as I like the theme of your build (street and reliability vs all out powa) and may mimic it with an ESS set up instead. Also, did you end up changing out the factory injectors and fuel pump?
Happy to give an update. The short of the story is that the car is running well and is a blast to drive. Current set up is Procharger P1X @ 9psi max, HO intercooler, LP52 injectors, Alky Methanol System, Wengerd tune - 695 HP on the dyno.

---------

Initially I had Wengerd tune the car with the pulley that came with my P1X - which at my elevation of 4,500ft was making 6psi max at the rev limiter. That was with the stock injectors and stock fuel pump. The car drove great and his tune was in a completely different league compared to the tune that is provided if you go through Procharger. The power is better and the drivability is better, in my experience it wasn't even a close comparison between the two.

The car drove great and was fun, but the issue was that with 6 psi max, it just didn't quite have the ooomph that I was looking for; not for the amount of money that was spent. I ultimately stepped up to a pulley that is peaking at about 8.5-9psi which gave a lot more usable boost lower in the RPM band. This did require stepping up to larger injectors. I bugged Daryle a bit to make sure I had what was needed to provide the right amount of fuel for my target boost and that ended up being LP52 injectors with the stock fuel pump. I have NOT been using a BAP.

This is where I have had the car and intend to leave it as it has been exactly what I was looking for with the street driven application that I use the car for. It has plenty of power to have fun with and punches way outside its weight class especially with the 10 speed. We have a lot of fast/expensive cars in my area, lots of AMGs, RS3s, M cars, modded out GTIs, etc etc. and to put it simply, I have surprised almost every single one of them when they decide they want to get on it a little. Not saying that my Mustang is the fastest things around, but the point is that it has plenty of power to have a ton of fun, and it will absolutely compete in a straight line with some pretty high performance cars out there. A big reason I went Centri instead of PD is how the power comes in and on street with a 10 speed I think it is almost perfect.

The biggest issue that I have been fighting this whole time was seeing consistent 2-3* of KR values at WOT (this may be totally fine since the car/knock sensors were doing their jobs, but it still worried me). I'm in Utah where we only have 91 octane (outside of 1 E85 source) so it seems that octane/fuel quality has been my biggest limiting factor - hence the methanol set up, which was a completely separate rabbit hole I went through and it ultimately was all due to the Snow Performance Methanol system that I had purchased - their controller was just way to slow to respond to boost and start spraying so, the car would see a little knock at the start of WOT due to the delay and then never really get back to full timing. I just recently switched to an Alky Control system and so far, it seems to be functioning 10x better than the Snow system.

Worked with Wengerd some more and ultimately settled on a tune with lower timing that can still add it back in assuming the octane is there. I have found that most days, I am able to get around 15-16* of timing at full boost at redline, but there have been times where the car just doesnt want to run much more than 12.5-13*. So like I mentioned, octane and fuel quality has seemed to be my biggest hurdle and to be completely honest, I'm still not sold that the methanol is really helping that much to add octane, but I am still running it purely to give a little more cushion in the event I do get some truly terrible fuel.

From what I've seen on here, I'm definitely not setting any records on the power numbers or how much timing I'm able to get, but like I said, it's still plenty of power to have a lot of fun with. Paired with the awesome drivability from Wengerd's tuning and how the power comes in, it makes a great street car.

That is probably a lot more of an update than you were looking for, but hope it helps. And happy to answer any other questions you or others might have.

OP
OP
pmor4243

pmor4243

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Parker
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
@Weeee for what its worth, when we had met up at that roll race event, I was running the 9psi pulley. So the way the car was running that day, is how it is still running and how I plan to keep it.

chohan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT, 301a, 10r80
@pmor4243

With the Alky Control, where are the nozzles located and how many?

Was the meth system difficult to install?

OP
OP
pmor4243

pmor4243

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Parker
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
@pmor4243

I have the nozzles in the metal pipe right after the intercooler. I played around with a lot of different sizes and combos and currently have a single 20gph nozzle being used. Tried duals as well with good results.

Install is not hard, just takes time. My tank is mounted in the trunk and the controller is in the glove box, so you just need to plan your wiring accordingly. I have a couple of pictures I can post up, just traveling at the moment.

Sponsored
OP
OP
pmor4243

pmor4243

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Parker
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
@pmor4243

Here are a couple of pictures of the system:
A3872523-F19B-4D71-AD43-B01D1FED5A3A.jpeg

69911B38-013A-442F-B5B1-08CD91AC6B52.jpeg

Controller (this is the snow controller but I have the Alky controller in the same place)

308051F9-07A3-49E0-9581-7489C7338C2E.jpeg

Nozzles:
75195EAE-8149-46F4-A658-3B15AAB657DD.jpeg

chohan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT, 301a, 10r80
@pmor4243 Looks good, nice and clean. Thanks for the info. đź‘Ť
Sponsored