Sponsored

Procharger P1X kit

Cobo_pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Not running yet. Procharger is sending some new hoses.
Sounds good man, keep me posted. Also, I just laid down the base tune from Lund, will dial in soon, and it's TONS better than the tune provided by PC. I changed to NGK IX plugs as well, PC wanted them at 0.35, Lund suggested 0.28 and it runs much less rich.
I'm not a mustang guy, this is my first, I've had mostly tuners and Benzs, but compared to tunes I have had on 15 other vehicles I will say I am impressed just off the baseline, very smooth.
:ford:
Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Thanks guys. My friend and I have completed the OPG/CG install with the crank pulley, intercooler, thermostat housing, blower bracket but when you put the blower on, you have to trim the chit out of the fan shroud and FORGET getting the Race BOV to work.......we wished that we would have known about this before hand. I basically pushed him to buy this damn kit over the Paxton or Vortech's and this is what we get. SMDH!
Dude, you don't cut shit on the fan! Change the fan mounts which pull them closer to allow for more room!!!
Mine fit very tight. I was convinced they sent me the wrong fan shroud mounts. I didn't trim mine but I had to unbolt the right side mount and pull it forward with all my strength to install the blower. Then bolt it back in and it just barely made the threads. I didn't realize how much wider the P1X was vs. the P1SC until I saw them in person/installed them.

Cobo_pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Do you guys have performance pack vehicles? Maybe that may be a thing??? I dunno how I was the only one without fitment issue.
Also ahl, how do you like the turbosmart any sound clips?

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
Do you guys have performance pack vehicles? Maybe that may be a thing??? I dunno how I was the only one without fitment issue.
Also ahl, how do you like the turbosmart any sound clips?
No performance pack here.

The Turbosmart is awesome. The wastegate/pulley made the car feel so much faster and eliminated the "lag". Highly recommended, really woke the car up. I am still having issues with seeing too much boost as the P1X may be outflowing the wastegate in high RPMs. Haven't investigated that much yet though to find the cause or if it is just a issue with the WG opening.

The BOV sounds insane. I can feel the air blowing out of it from 6ft away when revving. Can be heard from far away too. Easy to hear at triple digit speeds with the window up even, lol.

I have some videos and a ton of pics/info in my build log. Don't want to hijack this thread so they are on Page 3 and there's a drive-by video on Page 5 :thumbsup:

jlwilson10609

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP Ruby Red
No performance pack here.

The Turbosmart is awesome. The wastegate/pulley made the car feel so much faster and eliminated the "lag". Highly recommended, really woke the car up. I am still having issues with seeing too much boost as the P1X may be outflowing the wastegate in high RPMs. Haven't investigated that much yet though to find the cause or if it is just a issue with the WG opening.

The BOV sounds insane. I can feel the air blowing out of it from 6ft away when revving. Can be heard from far away too. Easy to hear at triple digit speeds with the window up even, lol.

I have some videos and a ton of pics/info in my build log. Don't want to hijack this thread so they are on Page 3 and there's a drive-by video on Page 5 :thumbsup:
I ended up doing the same setup as AHL after seeing his. I love it, but I do say my buddy Ricky's P1X with Red Race is super cool, even though we had a hell of a time installing it too.

Sponsored

Beem302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I have the Big red race valve on a p1x and it doesn't fit with the pipe that procharger provides. I had to trim the 90 degree inlet tube and it still presses up against the valve. I'm going in to get tuned tomorrow and I'm going to order a valve relocation pipe as well. I freaked out trying to get the car finished before my tuning appointment so I ordered the standard valve and another elbow ($400) and now they're just gonna be extra parts. Would have been nice to know these issues before I ordered.

3506qso.jpg

Last edited:

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
Be careful with the valve pushing against the intake elbow. Even though the new kits have a "reinforced" elbow, that is what caused them to collapse and get sucked into the blower in the past.

Cobo_pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Holy shit, I thought my for was tight

jlwilson10609

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP Ruby Red
I have the Big red race valve on a p1x and it doesn't fit with the pipe that procharger provides. I had to trim the 90 degree inlet tube and it still presses up against the valve. I'm going in to get tuned tomorrow and I'm going to order a valve relocation pipe as well. I freaked out trying to get the car finished before my tuning appointment so I ordered the standard valve and another elbow ($400) and now they're just gonna be extra parts. Would have been nice to know these issues before I ordered.

3506qso.jpg
Edit: I suggest adjusting your intercooler out and playing with charge pipe fitment in the rubber couplers.

Having installed two of the P1X kits now I am confident in saying it was a bitch and a half with the red race, but what you have there looks to be more like you needed to adjust the charge pipe that the race valve is attached to. So, yes it is difficult, but it should never have been an issue that cost you $400. The red race is worth it once you get it in the right spot though. The sound is insane.

Last edited:

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
That's weird, my buddies f1a fits just fine even with big red. Actually we will be installing his f1a stage2 setup on my car in a few weeks so I will chime in with tricks, tips and pics.

Cobo_pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
That's weird, my buddies f1a fits just fine even with big red. Actually we will be installing his f1a stage2 setup on my car in a few weeks so I will chime in with tricks, tips and pics.
I haven't seen that set up before, looking forward to seeing installed pics
Sponsored