Less than 10 lbs why bother:headbang:
Sponsored

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Looks like you are correct! The P1X is filling that small gap.
The P1X is just a generation change, and increase in efficiency.
I am sure other blowers will follow.

Just like the F-1A-94 is the new generation of the F-1A.
And the F-3R-136 is the new generation of the F-3R-135

There is a legitimate difference between blower sizes. The best way to think about it is in terms of injectors, if you're familiar. Don't pay attention to the technicalities too much, but 60lb injectors at 95% duty cycle can make the same amount of power as ID1000's at 60% duty cycle. So while you're making the same power with two different parts, efficiency and part reliability separates them.

The D1 and P1X will make power easier with less part stress over the P1SC. Heat will be less of a factor on the bigger blowers and thus IAT's, Timing, and Power will be more proper in those situations. But this is also assuming you're running more then 10lbs which is where the big blowers shine.
Actually, injectors have very little in comparison to these blowers.

As far as gearbox stress:
All mentioned blowers share the same gearbox, and have no issues with rpm.
So no more or less stress, considering we have people putting quarter million miles and more on those gearboxes without rebuilds. (they actually get used in industrial applications in 24-7 conditions).

The "heat" in our gearbox actually comes from the cly head of the engine as it transfers heat from the bracket to the gearbox. This is normal, and no issue at all, considering the oil used inside of the gearbox is rated for well beyond the 200-230 degrees they see.

Airflow, Boost, and Curves:
The P1SC-1 and D1SC have identical boost curves and efficiency islands that are nearly identical as well. Because they are the same gear box, and the same impeller. (the P1SC-1 just has slightly cut down tips) So temp per psi of boost is actually identical, as well as power production (and timing values).

The ONLY time you would see the advantage of the D1SC is when you nearing what we call "max effort"...aka redline. At that point then yes, the D1SC can move about 100hp worth of total airflow.

**P1X does make a touch more power then the P1SC-1 at a given rpm, thanks to the efficiency increases in the new generation blower. But this blower is unrelated to the D1SC or P1SC-1 other than gearbox.

The right blower for the job:
But it's very safe to say more then likely 80% of the people that have a D1SC, could have been very happy with a P1SC-1, since they will never have the motor that can handle a D1SC at max effort. (and possibly not a P1SC-1 at max effort)

To put this into perspective, on a Stage 2 kit....
Our standard kit at the ~660-680 rwhp mark has a 4.75" with P1SC-1
Which at 7,300 engine rpm = 50,408 impeller RPM.

So with a redline of 65,000 rpm, the P1SC-1 has a LONG way to go. :)
Considering a single pulley drop (4.50) will gain about 1-1.5 psi of boost (53,208) you can see just that its got plenty of room.

Again, not saying the D1SC is a bad idea....
Just stating that it's not needed for everyone (well most)
And that customers could be VERY happy with a normal full system with P1SC-1, since its a very stout blower.

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
Interesting. I assumed the internals of the blowers were geared differently. I was definitely wrong. Thanks for the explanation!

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
If we take enough wrong guesses eventually [MENTION=11041]ProChargerTECH[/MENTION] will straighten us out;)

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Interesting. I assumed the internals of the blowers were geared differently. I was definitely wrong. Thanks for the explanation!
Not a problem man.... :)

There is often a lot of confusion on our blowers. (because we make so dang many) so I can understand when it happens. :)

We also hardly ever "retire" a blower, because some work really good in specific applications. :) So again, it adds to the confusion.

Have a killer week!
Erik@ProCharger

Sponsored

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
can anyone find the link to this episode yet? i thought it said we could view the 16th, but i suppose i'm having a brain fart:frusty:

pbpme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2500HD
I just viewed the Procharger install on EnginePower, I must say, very impressive. I just sold my C6 Vette and am looking for 15 or 16 5.0. to modify suspension, (coilovers), intake (maybe induction)? wheels tires.

I have some questions maybe people with experience with upgrading to 150-200+ rwhp upgrade can address? I consider all these to be ancillary costs to that type of upgrade.

1. Exhaust. I'm going to assume over time a Procharger upgrade is going to blow out the stock exhaust, Ive heard of manifold cracking, etc. Most folk take it in stride and just upgrade to long tubes. Whats the experience with stock when adding 200RWHP?

2. Tranny. more specifically the clutch. Should a beefier clutch be included in the calculus? In 5k miles, 20k miles? Maybe even a swap to tremec?

3. I realize most put induction on for drag strip or drag brag rights, what about usability in Autocross? Is it a waste for autocross to run this much power, is it unusable power?

4. Does it void all warrantys?

Thanks. Looks like procharger is an awesome product

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
I just viewed the Procharger install on EnginePower, I must say, very impressive. I just sold my C6 Vette and am looking for 15 or 16 5.0. to modify suspension, (coilovers), intake (maybe induction)? wheels tires.

I have some questions maybe people with experience with upgrading to 150-200+ rwhp upgrade can address? I consider all these to be ancillary costs to that type of upgrade.

1. Exhaust. I'm going to assume over time a Procharger upgrade is going to blow out the stock exhaust, Ive heard of manifold cracking, etc. Most folk take it in stride and just upgrade to long tubes. Whats the experience with stock when adding 200RWHP?

The stock cats can fail on stock S550's and do often....
Even the way people dyno the cars, or beat on them can lead to early failure.

The stock cat protection modes are still in our factory tuning.
So they will get the best protection they can get.

Personally, I am not a fan of factory cats on F/I cars/trucks that get beat on regularly and have had great luck with performance aftermarket converters.

(Somehow my factory cat has lasted 214k miles on my truck, with a blower on it, yet most of my friends' similar trucks failed around 80-100k miles stock. So it seems that it is really just a crap shoot.)

2. Tranny. more specifically the clutch. Should a beefier clutch be included in the calculus? In 5k miles, 20k miles? Maybe even a swap to tremec?
People can break the transmissions and axles with stock power and abusive driving. So really it comes down to being smart and using something within its mechanical means.

Our DEMO cars are stock clutch and stock trans, never have broken one...until we go to the track and put slicks on it. :)

3. I realize most put induction on for drag strip or drag brag rights, what about usability in Autocross? Is it a waste for autocross to run this much power, is it unusable power?
The S550 that right now is in the top ranking of the Ultimate Street Car Challenge is powered by a ProCharger, and MOST of the racing they do is on a road course, and auto-x :)

The car is also owned by HPTuners, so that should tell you something. :)

Warranty will stay intact for all items not related to the supercharger.
Frankly, even if say a valve spring fails, that is NOT related to the supercharger and would need to be fixed.

I think you will find that most dealerships are very willing to work with people that have aftermarket modifications. If your dealership won't, go to another one.

Sponsored

Brostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT-350 Oxford & LB
[MENTION=11041]ProChargerTECH[/MENTION] , just read a very brief article about new head units at your SEMA booth. It talked about the P-1X but also mentioned a D-1X. Let's hear some more about that!

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT

Headers would be a good way to add another 20-30whp to your build. If boost is in your immediate future then I'd say skip bolt ons like intake, manifolds and expensive catbacks. As far as supporting mods, the manual will need help, the auto should be trouble free (I highly recommend it).

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Yeah we are going to need more info on the D1X.
She will be released hopefully end of the year. :)
Testing has been spectacular for it. :)

1,000 crank HP capable,
Crazy insane low temps per psi of boost,
Same rock solid transmission (available in loud, and quiet)

That's about all I can say about it. :)

RSKTAKR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
@ProChargerTECH , up until reading this thread, I was against getting a P1SC for my s550 and was hell bent on a D1 if I go ProCharger or a Paxton 2200SL.. I am kinda considering the P1SC now tho I think or the P1X instead of the D1. My thing is that I am ALL about EFFICIANCY.

-I am never going to build my long block.
-I run E85 for the most part and would like to run a flex tune with the blower if possible (the car is never taken out and beat on when on 91oct though. It would be on E85 all the time other than winter/colder months).
-I would like to have between 700-800 Whp (but closer to 800Whp would be excellent)
-I currently have a cat delete kit on my car but have no problem stepping up to LT's if that's what is needed to make those kind of numbers.
-I DONT have a fuel system and I would like to just keep the stock system other then a BAP and id1000+ injectors if possible.
-I don't have a dragstrip close so its just a street duty car with a manual trans on slicks.

All that being said I'm trying to get the most bang for my buck like everyone else and the less $$ I have to spend the better as my stupid cancer medical bills suck.

After reading this, it SEEMS like the P1SC would still be efficient and well within range of the Whp numbers I stated, but is that doable with one of the stock pulleys that would come with it and would it be possible with the HO kit or would I have to step up to the stage 2 kit for the bigger I/C to obtain those type of numbers? I don't mind swapping out the cat deletes as I stated earlier but I don't want to put LT's on if I don't have to. I installed them in the first place because I wasn't planning on going FI and while being NA, LT's only make about 10hp ish vs LT's, I know the gains are more for FI though. Maybe I am just getting hung up on dyno numbers to want that 700-800Whp goal? I like the ProCharger because I live in KC so I'm local and the closer to $5k the better. Right now I found a good deal for a brand new Paxton 2200SL satin kit with BAP, id1000's, and JLT CAI and race valve for around $5100 shipped. I doubt I can snatch up a brand new comparable ProCharger kit for that kind of price though? I already have a SCT X4 and 1 heat range cooler plugs to try and help me on pricing too.
Sponsored