Sponsored

Procharger P1X kit

Brent Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black Premium Mustang GT
Does this kit bolt right onto a 2016 with the big red race by-pass valve?

I am having fits helping a friend install his kit.
Sponsored

RubyRedBoost

Traded EB old name New GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT with PP
I was at a shop picking up my Paxton car and overheard the owner on the phone with Procharger. He was trying to order a P1X for a customer and they were talking about fitment issues with that set up. Procharger upgraded him to the D1SC or D1X just don’t know which one. Wasn’t trying to eavesdrop too much. So it would seem that there is some issue with that combo.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
[MENTION=11041]ProChargerTECH[/MENTION]

I havent heard of any issues with the combo, but I know the red valve is a tight fit and the P1X is big. Hopefully PCTech can chime in for you.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Yea but if the p1x is that tight how the hell is the d1x going to fit.

RubyRedBoost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT with PP
Yea but if the p1x is that tight how the hell is the d1x going to fit.
That’s what I was thinking when he was telling the customer that. Maybe he was bullshitting him idk. The red race valve is a tight fit to begin with.

Sponsored

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
That’s what I was thinking when he was telling the customer that. Maybe he was bullshitting him idk. The red race valve is a tight fit to begin with.
Yea i hear alot of guys that install that red valve talk about how tight it is.Dont seem like its worth the headaches unless your running alot of boost,i def would not do it just for sound lol.

RubyRedBoost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT with PP
Some problems just prefer loud noises lol. I would think that gets old after a while. I have the BV57 on my Paxton set up but it’s actually quieter than the max flow race. So that’s a plus for me since my neighbors already hate my guts.

Cobo_pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
I just installed my P1X by myself, no help other than calling PC tech support a couple of times (thanks Nate). It was a pain in the ass for a full stage 2 kit install, but the only modification that need to be done is to some hoses. It's a pretty straightforward, but lengthy install. I did it on jack stands, with 4 trips to Napa. Car has balls, but sloppy tune. Just bought a Lund remote tune yesterday

OP
OP

Brent Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks guys. My friend and I have completed the OPG/CG install with the crank pulley, intercooler, thermostat housing, blower bracket but when you put the blower on, you have to trim the chit out of the fan shroud and FORGET getting the Race BOV to work.......we wished that we would have known about this before hand. I basically pushed him to buy this damn kit over the Paxton or Vortech's and this is what we get. SMDH!

Cobo_pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Thanks guys. My friend and I have completed the OPG/CG install with the crank pulley, intercooler, thermostat housing, blower bracket but when you put the blower on, you have to trim the chit out of the fan shroud and FORGET getting the Race BOV to work.......we wished that we would have known about this before hand. I basically pushed him to buy this damn kit over the Paxton or Vortech's and this is what we get. SMDH!
Dude, you don't cut shit on the fan! Change the fan mounts which pull them closer to allow for more room!!!

Sponsored

Cobo_pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
And yes forget big red lolol

OP
OP

Brent Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dude, you don't cut shit on the fan! Change the fan mounts which pull them closer to allow for more room!!!
Man we did install the new fan mounts provided but the SHROUD had to be trimmed not the fan.

Davepurp

Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Any Red Race Owners looking to free up some space I am willing to trade my standard valve! I also think the noise is pretty sweet

Cobo_pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Man we did install the new fan mounts provided but the SHROUD had to be trimmed not the fan.
Damn dude that's rough, I didn't have to trim anything other than hoses. I'm sorry you had to go through that. Is the car running yet?

OP
OP

Brent Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Damn dude that's rough, I didn't have to trim anything other than hoses. I'm sorry you had to go through that. Is the car running yet?
Not running yet. Procharger is sending some new hoses.
Sponsored