Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Those will work however I've found the ngk 95822 gapped to around .026 to work much better they are a plug designed for boost, they last longer as well. The 6510 was just an easy to get plug 10 years ago so everyone has been recommending them since. Nobody ever really researched or questioned to look for something better suited so everyone just keeps using them. That plug was not designed to be used at those tighter gaps for boost. There are better options now like I mentioned though.
Ever try the E3.12 made for the boosted Coyote
Sponsored

Mustangfreek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15’ GT
I am at an estimated 640-650 whp and all I have are ID1050X injectors, stock fuel pump, and no BAP.

Mine rips on the street with impeccable manners, with crisp, perfect drivability.
Those are nice numbers for no bap and stock pump.

Assuming stock pulley on pro. How much boost are you seeing?

I ask as I picked up a 18’+ Procharger/ho kit/P1x for my 15’ Gt, and after a few phone calls to pro, they said pretty much same deal, other then cutting some hoses, but that’s for later.

My plan is pretty tame , so I picked up a jms, but wonder if I needed to.
3” borla carback
fic 1000’s
jms
p1x

As a quick update to this, I ended up dropping down in one pulley size (4.38-->4.25) and that put me at 6 psi at 7300 rpm.

I also went with Wengerd on the tuning and can say that his tune seems to be 100% better than the previous Procharger tune. Not wanting to speak poorly of Procharger as they team was great to work with and sent me several revisions, but that being said, I was a little worried to drive the car based on what I was seeing from fueling alone when I had their tune. It was rich in some places, lean in others (including a few places under boost) so I was generally not feeling to great about that. Not to mention the fuel trims were all fairly high even after the few revisions.

I can say that the first draft from Wengerd had the fueling pretty much spot on and substantially better than what I was seeing from the Procharger tune. I still need to put some seat time in the car, but my initial impressions are that I am no longer worried about the car hitting 13.5:1 AFRs at 6500rpm under boost (which it definitely did with the PC tune)

Ill plan to add a few updates and final thoughts on this whole process since I learned a few things along the way as well as some info that I just couldn't seem to find that would have changed a few of my initial plans on this set up. But overall, I'm excited to do some driving in the car and see how it feels now that it has a good tune on it.
Thats sounds better for boost, but still seems low

So that Was remote tuned?
How many datalogs/updates to get to where your at?

Ive got a pro/P1x kit and about ready to start swapping parts on, so excited and new to the remote tune deal..Curious how easy it all was, Sct?

Mustangfreek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15’ GT
You mean E3.112?

Looks like the price is right too!

I'll give these a whirl next go then.

E3.112
Interesting, was just about to buy a set of 6510’s for my project , but interested.. Made for coyotes..So must be a good plug?

Dont hear a lot about them

Sponsored

usmade75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 10r80
I am using the 4.63" pulley, 93, Wengerd Tuned, I am guessing 8.5 psi. With my other mods and an adjusted octane using Boostane, I have seen 17 degrees of timing.

Guessing around 640 whp.
Looking at a Wengard tune myself with the 4.63 pulley. Did he require you to use a BAP?

OP
OP
pmor4243

pmor4243

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Parker
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Alright, coming back to the group for some fueling questions. Got the car tuned through Wengered with the correct pulley making the 6.5 PSI target that Procharger had stated. Car has been running strong.

Decided I wanted to turn it up just a touch and get more into the 9-10psi range (more so to have a little more boost in the more usable daily driven rpm range). So I added injectors into the mix, and on the first log we noticed that I am seeing a pretty good drop in fuel pressure from the start of a pull to redline. This is with the same pulley that I was previously running, so no increase in boost right now.

The fuel pressure drops from 60 PSI down to 32 PSI.

While I was not constantly logging fuel pump pressure before, the initial logs showed good pressure throughout the RPM range.

Does anyone know what to check for here? I have a BAP ordered that should be here soon. But based on what Wengerd is telling me, the stock pump should not be seeing this much pressure drop. Does this point to a failing pump, or is there something else in the fuel system that would be causing it to drop pressure?

I have not noticed any kind of leak at the injectors or any of the fuel rail fittings and they seemed to install without any issue but, if anyone can think of something that would cause this behavior after just swapping injectors, Id love to figure out what is going on here.

Fuel Pressure Drop.PNG

https://datazap.me/u/pmor4243/fuel-pressure-drop?log=0&data=19-27&trim=27&tmin=4053.19&tmax=7819.00

Sponsored
OP
OP
pmor4243

pmor4243

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Parker
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Just adding a data point to the previous post. I put the original injectors back in to try and eliminate any variables.

Logs with the everything back to its original state were still showing the pressure dip down to 42 PSI at 7,200 RPM

Once again, all connections looked to be correct, no leaks I could see. Would this be an indicator that the fuel pump is on its way out?

OP
OP
pmor4243

pmor4243

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Parker
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Updating my own post. Was able to get the fuel pressure corrected via the tune. Wengerd sent over a revision that did the trick.

I also have had an issue since the beginning of the install with my boost gauge reading quite a bit lower than it seemed like it should. After dropping from a 4.38 to a 3.85 ($300 in pulleys) I was only seeing about a 1-2 psi increase at peak, hitting about 6.5 psi max. I pressure tested the whole system and it held up to 10 psi without any leaks, other than the Proflow valve, which by design leaks like crazy (had to plug it for accurate pressure testing)

Since there were no leaks, and based on the 3.85 pulley, I knew that I should be seeing more than 6.5 psi. I ended up running my boost gauge off a different source instead of having it tie into the provided vacuum block that tees into the vacuum tree that feeds the brake booster. That seems to have fixed the issue, which was really just the gauge being off, not being low on boost.

Gauge is now reading at 8-9psi depending on when I shift.

usmade75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 10r80
Can you share where you finally ended up tapping into for the boost gauge? Looking to put one in myself.

OP
OP
pmor4243

pmor4243

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Parker
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Can you share where you finally ended up tapping into for the boost gauge? Looking to put one in myself.
Hey sorry, you probably already got it figured out but I actually just used the PCV nipple that was capped during the Procharger install since wasnt being used and was easily accessible.
intake manifold.PNG

usmade75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 10r80
Hey sorry, you probably already got it figured out but I actually just used the PCV nipple that was capped during the Procharger install since wasnt being used and was easily accessible.
intake manifold.PNG
Thank you. I did figure it out however and tapped into the vaccum tree as per the Procharger instructions that came with my stage 2 kit
Sponsored