P1x procharger getting hot?

P1xcomps550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
bob
Vehicle(s)
15 mustang gt
I have a p1x procharger kit with the stage 2 intercooler. My coolant temp never gets over 212 but my cylinder head temps get around 234 in stop and go traffic and 215-220 when doing 80 down the highway on an 80 degree day. I still have the factory procharger tune thru the diablo sport tuner that comes with the kit. I installed a 170 reische thermostat and when I upload the tune it allows me to change the fan temp, which I put to 180, but I am still seeing the same temps. Thoughts? I asked a few Facebook groups and I got answers of thats way to hot and then some people saying it sounds normal. Just looking for other feedback Thanks!
IMG_20200706_140654_595.jpg
Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Yes that’s way to hot. I have a D1x stage 2 with a 170 Reisch thermostat and its no where near that hot.. mine is professionally tuned.

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
How long has the kit been on? has it been like that since install? Does the heat work? antifreeze is full? sounds like air bubble or a tube is blocked/kinked... overflow tank getting fire hot? Once cooled down pull cap and give the big hoses a squeeze and see if the level is moving. T stat in correctly? havent had mine apart so I dunno if its possible to mess that up.

OP
OP

P1xcomps550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
bob
Vehicle(s)
15 mustang gt
How long has the kit been on? has it been like that since install? Does the heat work? antifreeze is full? sounds like air bubble or a tube is blocked/kinked... overflow tank getting fire hot? Once cooled down pull cap and give the big hoses a squeeze and see if the level is moving. T stat in correctly? havent had mine apart so I dunno if its possible to mess that up.
Kit has been on a year. Yes, its been like that. Antifreeze is full. I just changed out the stock thermostat for the 170 2 days ago thinking it would help and it didn't change anything. I plan to tear it back out after a few days and double check it. 1st I am running it a little to see if there is an air pocket somewhere. I've burped the hoses the level in the overflow tank moves.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
What are your transmission temps when it that hot?

Sponsored

Chris Barnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Make sure your lower radiator hose isn't kinked. I had similar issues and it actually turned out to be the Reiche stat. I replaced with the stocker and now it runs 205 cylinder head temp max. I too was seeing temps in the 230's and just this simple change made the difference for me.

OP
OP

P1xcomps550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
bob
Vehicle(s)
15 mustang gt
Make sure your lower radiator hose isn't kinked. I had similar issues and it actually turned out to be the Reiche stat. I replaced with the stocker and now it runs 205 cylinder head temp max. I too was seeing temps in the 230's and just this simple change made the difference for me.
I just took the stock one out and replaced with the Reiche. Cylinder head temps were the same before as they are now.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Are these temps with A/C on or off?

If with A/C on, they're pretty normal compared to what I've seen. If A/C is off they're definitely on the high side.

OP
OP

P1xcomps550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
bob
Vehicle(s)
15 mustang gt
Are these temps with A/C on or off?

If with A/C on, they're pretty normal compared to what I've seen. If A/C is off they're definitely on the high side.
AC off

Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
You probably have a air bubble. Probably in the heater hoses. You need to get the front of the car up as high as you can and burp the system and top it off