Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Parker
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Ya, all that for 3-3.5lbs is low..

p1sc ?
P1X - I actually went with that one to combat the boost a little better.

But ya, thatā€™s a lot of time and money for only 3psi. After talking with them, they also would not be able to update my tune for the lower pulley size which I can understand.

My expectation was to I would need a custom tune this whole time anyways but their last revision with the current set up seems to be pretty adequate so it would have been nice if that could play nice with the lower pulley.

On the note of going with a custom tune. Ive had a local shop recommend (but not require) going with some LU47 Injectors and a BAP or DW400. Also chatting with Wengerd a bit as I have heard some good things from them and he has said as long as I'm staying under 7psi he can tune the current system as is.

So the question now if others want to chime in, is if the stock fueling can handle 6ish psi, is there any reason to jump to the larger injectors and pump? If the only real reason to do is to have room to grow in the future, I'd rather cross that bridge when/if I get there. I'm definitely not opposed to adding the injectors and pump, but I also don't want to buy things I do not need.

Mustangfreek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15ā€™ GT
Oh
your still on stock injectors and no bap?

To throw some info in, after many emails with aed, abouy my setup.
He said he wonā€™t tune 2018+ cars on anything but e85 or better,just to much compression and not enough with 91/92 to make it safe he says.

Also my 15ā€™ he said would only tune on the stock pulley with 91/92 tune. I have like no e85 stations around here so that sux.

Interested to hear how this turns out, please update as to whatever happens.

im not much help, Iā€™ve got fic 1000ā€™s, jms bap for my P1x kit as I didnā€™t want to do it later or be riding the fine line.

Last edited:
OP
OP
pmor4243

pmor4243

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Parker
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Correct. Stock injectors and no BAP. My intention was to run Procharger's complete kit with the hope that it would perform well enough by itself. For the 18+ there were no injectors or BAP in the complete kit (at least not the one that I received).

Jonyxz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 401A 10R80
P1X - I actually went with that one to combat the boost a little better.

But ya, thatā€™s a lot of time and money for only 3psi. After talking with them, they also would not be able to update my tune for the lower pulley size which I can understand.

My expectation was to I would need a custom tune this whole time anyways but their last revision with the current set up seems to be pretty adequate so it would have been nice if that could play nice with the lower pulley.

On the note of going with a custom tune. Ive had a local shop recommend (but not require) going with some LU47 Injectors and a BAP or DW400. Also chatting with Wengerd a bit as I have heard some good things from them and he has said as long as I'm staying under 7psi he can tune the current system as is.

So the question now if others want to chime in, is if the stock fueling can handle 6ish psi, is there any reason to jump to the larger injectors and pump? If the only real reason to do is to have room to grow in the future, I'd rather cross that bridge when/if I get there. I'm definitely not opposed to adding the injectors and pump, but I also don't want to buy things I do not need.
I have a smilar setup as described above: ESS G2 on 7psi, mu52, lethal bap and I'm a happy camper with 633whp šŸ˜Š

Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Good to know. Thanks everyone. Ya until I get this all dialed in I am watching my SCT like a hawk. I actually have it set up to just datalog straight to the device so when Im driving around I dont have to have my laptop everywhere I go, makes things really nice, plus the display readout of a few of the key parameters I want to see in case things go south is nice.

@Jackson1320 bad data somewhere makes sense. The HO kit on the 2019 GT did not come with any injectors, so the injectors currently in the car are the oem ones. A vac/boost leak was my first thought on this as well so I did a smoke test on the whole system but didn't see a single leak anywhere, so good to rule that out.

Procharger's tuning said they would take a look at a log but that it is very unusual that a change would be needed. I would say fuel trims that far off are unusual so regardless of what the issue is, tune or hardware, hopefully they help me get it sorted out.
I know it has stock injectors but they still have to input injector data. if they put the wrong injector data into the tune then it will cause that same problem

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Yep did a few pulls to confirm and am only seeing 3-4 psi and that is all the way at redline. I did notice, and the logs seemed to confirm this, that it is hitting 3 psi at about 6k rpm and then holds there to redline.
You definitely have a problem because you should continue to build boost all the way to redline

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
To the OP, get it tuned by a competent tuner as soon as you can. The Procharger tune is super tame.

I am at an estimated 640-650 whp and all I have are ID1050X injectors, stock fuel pump, and no BAP.

According to my logs and my tuner, don't need any other supporting mods if I stay where I'm at. The 2018+ with the dual injectors is boost friendly up to about 700 whp on gasoline.

Mine rips on the street with impeccable manners, with crisp, perfect drivability.

OP
OP
pmor4243

pmor4243

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Parker
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Thanks guys, planning to go with Wengerd here as soon as possible.

Trying to do some troubleshooting on my low boost. I tightened up the belts a touch and did a couple of pulls. According my boost gauge I was hitting almost exactly 5 psi at 7,638RPM so it is looking to be a bit closer but still a touch low. So that has me feeling a bit better.

Unfortunately during that same pull, leaving the car in sport mode had it bouncing off the rev limiter instead of shifting, which was not great and something I don't want to have happening.

Last edited:

cbrtrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Well, got a revised tune from Procharger and gave it a quick try.

Fuel trims seemed to be quite a bit better but still not what I would call ideal. Bank 1 seems to be within 5-10% but Bank 2 is still in the 10-12ish% range. Still looking pretty rich though, a few place in the logs are showing an AFR of ~10.5 at WOT.

Still not seeing any knock showing up, car is showing it is still advancing timing across the board but I'm only seeing a max of 3-4 PSI at the moment so things are very mild right now, a little too much so.

I decided to also log the Total Misfires Since Key On field and was a little surprised that a 30 minute drive would yield 32 misfires. I don't know if that is considered normal. Have any of you logged that field? Not seeing any check engine lights and I cant hear it misfire, but the car seems to have logged several occurrences of it.

Some misfires are normal, what plugs and gap are you running?

Sponsored
OP
OP
pmor4243

pmor4243

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Parker
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Some misfires are normal, what plugs and gap are you running?
Thanks. Plugs are NGK 6510s gapped at approx. .30. The documentation I got recommended a range of .28-.32 if my memory serves correctly.

OP
OP
pmor4243

pmor4243

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Parker
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
As a quick update to this, I ended up dropping down in one pulley size (4.38-->4.25) and that put me at 6 psi at 7300 rpm.

I also went with Wengerd on the tuning and can say that his tune seems to be 100% better than the previous Procharger tune. Not wanting to speak poorly of Procharger as they team was great to work with and sent me several revisions, but that being said, I was a little worried to drive the car based on what I was seeing from fueling alone when I had their tune. It was rich in some places, lean in others (including a few places under boost) so I was generally not feeling to great about that. Not to mention the fuel trims were all fairly high even after the few revisions.

I can say that the first draft from Wengerd had the fueling pretty much spot on and substantially better than what I was seeing from the Procharger tune. I still need to put some seat time in the car, but my initial impressions are that I am no longer worried about the car hitting 13.5:1 AFRs at 6500rpm under boost (which it definitely did with the PC tune)

Ill plan to add a few updates and final thoughts on this whole process since I learned a few things along the way as well as some info that I just couldn't seem to find that would have changed a few of my initial plans on this set up. But overall, I'm excited to do some driving in the car and see how it feels now that it has a good tune on it.

Jonyxz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 401A 10R80
As a quick update to this, I ended up dropping down in one pulley size (4.38-->4.25) and that put me at 6 psi at 7300 rpm.

I also went with Wengerd on the tuning and can say that his tune seems to be 100% better than the previous Procharger tune. Not wanting to speak poorly of Procharger as they team was great to work with and sent me several revisions, but that being said, I was a little worried to drive the car based on what I was seeing from fueling alone when I had their tune. It was rich in some places, lean in others (including a few places under boost) so I was generally not feeling to great about that. Not to mention the fuel trims were all fairly high even after the few revisions.

I can say that the first draft from Wengerd had the fueling pretty much spot on and substantially better than what I was seeing from the Procharger tune. I still need to put some seat time in the car, but my initial impressions are that I am no longer worried about the car hitting 13.5:1 AFRs at 6500rpm under boost (which it definitely did with the PC tune)

Ill plan to add a few updates and final thoughts on this whole process since I learned a few things along the way as well as some info that I just couldn't seem to find that would have changed a few of my initial plans on this set up. But overall, I'm excited to do some driving in the car and see how it feels now that it has a good tune on it.
Cant go wrong with Daryle šŸ˜‰

cbrtrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Thanks. Plugs are NGK 6510s gapped at approx. .30. The documentation I got recommended a range of .28-.32 if my memory serves correctly.
Those will work however I've found the ngk 95822 gapped to around .026 to work much better they are a plug designed for boost, they last longer as well. The 6510 was just an easy to get plug 10 years ago so everyone has been recommending them since. Nobody ever really researched or questioned to look for something better suited so everyone just keeps using them. That plug was not designed to be used at those tighter gaps for boost. There are better options now like I mentioned though.

OP
OP
pmor4243

pmor4243

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Parker
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Those will work however I've found the ngk 95822 gapped to around .026 to work much better they are a plug designed for boost, they last longer as well. The 6510 was just an easy to get plug 10 years ago so everyone has been recommending them since. Nobody ever really researched or questioned to look for something better suited so everyone just keeps using them. That plug was not designed to be used at those tighter gaps for boost. There are better options now like I mentioned though.
Great to know. Ya I just went with what seemed to have been recommended a lot. But I may look into those if they are a better fit for the application. Right now, the car is running very strong with the tune from Wengerd. Very noticeable difference so far.
Sponsored