bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I just wanted the fastest straight line Mustang. DISCLAIMER: I am in no way disparaging the manual. I think the MT-82 is a fantastic choice also.

I just thought I’d throw that out there knowing how these transmission threads go.:angry:
Sponsored

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
I wanted to be more involved and actively engaged with the driving process. Plus, the exhaust sounds are much more satisfying.

Schooley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 NFG Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I had to have the manual, I hate the weird hesitation/confusion automatic transmissions have when you decide to go full retard to get on a freeway entrance ramp.

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I had to have the manual, I hate the weird hesitation/confusion automatic transmissions have when you decide to go full retard to get on a freeway entrance ramp.
I'm the same way, but I am getting better at using the paddles to downshift, even when in D, that helps avoid that. I think with a little more practice, it will be about the same as with a manual for me. There's also the full-throttle-lift-throttle move that makes it pick the lowest possible gear very quickly, and I try to think of the first full-throttle move as the gear shift in a manual, and then when I hit the gas again, it's in the lowest gear and gets moving, just like it would be after a down-shift.

Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
This. Test drove an A10 and while pretty fun it it's own right, still has that "automatic hesitation". So I went with the manual that clunks and sounds like any shift I make might be it's last lol. I'll drive a manual till the auto changes my mind or we all end up with the 1 gear EV's

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Even though the auto in a Mustang is great, it is still just an auto. My R32 - my DD for my occasional need to drive to work - has a great dual clutch auto and most of the time I just leave it in D. Not because it is the fastest in D, but I just don't remember to change to S or manual mode. In the Mustang, I am always in manual mode loving every shift. I get why some like an auto, as it is easy and in many cases the fastest in a straight line (sometimes fastest in the curves). Less and less people know how to drive a manual and few of those have the will power to learn, it is just the current few generations way. They like quick, easy and result only minded. They are not interested in the journey and have little desire to use more effort than absolutely necessary. All of my kids know or will know how to drive a manual if for no other reason so that they can choose what they want to drive. Anyway, both trannies are available in a pretty cool car that been around a long time having both types. Hopefully the manual in a Mustang is still around for the next gen model.

Lawguy85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mach 1 FJG
Manual, and I get shin splints occasionally from track in my HS days. Random pain/discomfort > joyless acceleration. And I work in downtown Atlanta, don't talk to me about traffic. Only had one auto in life, never been more bored. Always felt like a dork using paddle shifters, but maybe that's just me.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
In my opinion, there's no other way to drive a Mustang or other sports car. I toyed with the idea of an auto when the 18's hit the lot and I test drove it, its a great trans but I was bored in 5 minutes. Takes all the fun and control out of your driving experience, and to me, the sound and HP of the GT is an experience I look forward to every time I hit the start button.
If I had to sit in traffic, then for sure an auto but most of my driving I don't. And if the wife can't learn how to drive it then my wheels will last much longer!..lol

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
I've got a bad knee like many others but thankfully it's not to the point I cant enjoy my mt82!

Sponsored

ColeTrickle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandin
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP, 09 G8 GT, 00 SS Camaro Conv
I'm old and drive in bumper to bumper traffic 50 miles a day....My knees hurt

Love manuals and still own one but the Mustang 10 speed is so good it got me to go from buying typically GM products over the years to a S550. The car punches way above its pay grade.

Honestly If i was going manual I would have bought the 2019 Camaro as I think it has the better manual option.

Massman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2004 Explorer Sport Trac, 2019 Mustang Bullitt
Manual until I am not physically able or the car I buy doesn’t have it as an option.

Driving becomes a visceral experience the more connected to the vehicle you are. Each throttle input, perfectly timing shift, hard launch, etc connect mind and machine.

The new A10’s are bad ass and if I only wanted to go fast, that would be my choice. I’m cool with working harder for a faster timeslip to keep the driving experience.

Massman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2004 Explorer Sport Trac, 2019 Mustang Bullitt
I'm old and drive in bumper to bumper traffic 50 miles a day....My knees hurt

Love manuals and still own one but the Mustang 10 speed is so good it got me to go from buying typically GM products over the years to a S550. The car punches way above its pay grade.

Honestly If i was going manual I would have bought the 2019 Camaro as I think it has the better manual option.
According to Edmonds, in 2018 only 2% of all cars sold in the U.S. were manuals.

Luckystang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1
My 2015 was 6spd. My 2019 has the 10A love every minute of it. Use the paddles 80% of the time. Never thought i would ever give up a manual over auto i glad i did. But i see both sides, just depends on what you like at least we have a choice. Thanks Ford.
Sponsored