• Total voters

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Came across an article detailing what vehicles were available in 2020 with a manual and thought this was interesting:

"Ford says 50 percent of current Mustang GT buyers and 20 percent of Mustang EcoBoost buyers choose the six-speed manual."

Source: https://www.automobilemag.com/news/...smission/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

It seems the A10 on the face lifted S550 is really popular and I would have guessed it would have a higher take rate even on the GT. Whats the split like on this forum?
Sponsored

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
MT82

When buying last summer the salesman was shocked I opted for the manual. Of the 60 GTs they had on the lot 2/3rds of them were the autos.

Reactions: A7X

Sponsored

Hornet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Aussie so we only get 6spd manual or the 10spd auto, but i'd go manual every time as i enjoy it more than the auto.

I'd happily test drive the 10spd though. Part of me thinks if i had an ecoboost i'd prefer the 10speed to keep it on boost

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Bought the auto for two reasons.

1. Wife can confidently drive this car.
2. Love drifting/sliding cars around. Auto is terrible for sliding on street. I don’t need to do that in a 4,000lbs car.

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Manual until I am not physically able or the car I buy doesn’t have it as an option.

Driving becomes a visceral experience the more connected to the vehicle you are. Each throttle input, perfectly timing shift, hard launch, etc connect mind and machine.

The new A10’s are bad ass and if I only wanted to go fast, that would be my choice. I’m cool with working harder for a faster timeslip to keep the driving experience.

ChromaticGrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP1
Went for the manual. Always will if i am able.

It's not about being the fastest for me, it's enjoying the drive. I like that connected feeling with the car.

Sponsored

jcl78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium / PP1 / MT-82
Vehicle Showcase
The A10 is a fantastic auto, one of the best on the market.

MT82 for me, I missed having a manual, and it was time to go back to basics for me. After all the horrible reviews of the MT82 online, I was very surprised during the test drive how excellent it actually was. Perhaps compared to other new gen MT's, it isn't as good, but I find it to be a very good unit.

Plus manuals are a real theft deterrent these days, ha!

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
It was a tough call for me, but I went 10-speed. I had driven manual "sporty" cars since about 1989, and my '04 and '14 Mustangs were manuals, but the 10-speed just seemed to offer a little more performance, and I thought might make the car more flexible for different situations, so I went with that. I like it, but I still sometimes wish for a manual. I'm thinking of buying an additional older, cheaper car with a manual just for fun.

ktp1598

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue California Special
Manual (millennial anti-theft device) for me. Had an automatic 2015 GT and got bored of it after a few years. After I drove the 2019 with a manual I knew this was the one I wanted.

ktp1598

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue California Special
Mikthehun1, my wife's going through the same thing. Can barely walk somedays. Guess I've been lucky so far..
Sponsored