Keep OEM Wheels or sell

Nightmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jens
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
I bought an other set of Bullitt OEM wheels for winter tires.
Maybe something to consider in North Jersey, keeping them for winter?
Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
I sold mine because I went with a big brake kit and those wouldn't fit anymore.

The price you get for OEM wheels, especially the non desireable ones, it's not really worth it to try and sell. It makes more sense to hang on to them and then put them back on the car when you get rid of it and try and sell your aftermarket wheels.

MidnightStars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I don't think I could even sell mine--OEM wheels are bent, with plenty of curb rashes. Pretty sure one of them is cracked.
Maybe I'll see a wheel expert and have them refinished. Then I'll see.

Thinking about keeping mine to be honest. Like one other said on here, maybe keep them to use with winter tires. If not, just a "collection" of all the things I've changed out on my car.

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
I sold them last time, regretted it after my next road trip. Kept them this time around & will be keeping them for road trips.

Sponsored

Justpassingas

Justpassingas
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
21 GT Premium 2016 F150
My cars a DD so I kept them and put Michelin A/S on for the cold weather and put my summers on when it warms up.

rxryanm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTP PP1
My car's a DD during winter, so I also kept them and bought proper winter tires.

Bronco2fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Taurus SHO LMS V11 Tune, 2006 F150 Harley-Davidson, 03 Mustang GT Conv.
I've been trying to sell my original take-offs with no real buyer yet. Crazy offers - but no buyers. When I sold my former SHO wheels, they went quickly.
That's because SHO wheels (original) are kind of difficult to find in good shape and reasonable. I've been looking occasionally for my SHO. Also looking for OEM PP2 wheels for the S550 lol.

MattMPA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT, 2016 Interceptor Utility, 2005 Excursion
That's because SHO wheels (original) are kind of difficult to find in good shape and reasonable. I've been looking occasionally for my SHO. Also looking for OEM PP2 wheels for the S550 lol.
Mine were the lesser of two evils, IMHO. The "battling d*ck" wheels. Guy put 'em on a Flex.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
The PP1 wheels are not rare or colllectors items. Sell the boat anchors. I park my *car* in my garage, not a bunch of crap I wonā€™t use and dont need

if for some highly unlikely reason you need them later, you can easily buy back a set just like the set you sold. Iā€™d rather have the cash now.

Granted for a bunch of years the PP1 wherls had the race tires on them, but when I upgraded that set too, the original wheels got sold, and I havent regretted that for a single moment.

Sponsored

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
If you have room, I would keep them, especially if this becomes a forever car. Look at all the stuff that got thrown away in years past that now people pay a huge buck for to make their now classic car original.

sirben711

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Ecoboost 10R80 w/ FP Tune
I kept them because they make great winter wheels. Narrow and cheaper tire costs. I don't use the car regularly in the winter but it's fun to take it out sometimes and not worry about it being completely useless.

100% agree. And they become a good temporary back up set if need be

BEERCHAMP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I took off the California Special rims/Pzero tires after 900 miles. Tried to sell them for $1000, no takers, I still have them, cleaned and stored properly.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
If you got room for them, I'd keep them. You'll get nothing for them now but in the future all that original factory correct stuff will be worth good money. History proves this to be correct.
This is why I kept my PP2 wheels. They are in perfect condition, but heavy boat anchors compared to my forged wheels.
Sponsored