Sponsored

Keep OEM Wheels or sell

Stang65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350 and 65 Fastback
For those that have changed to aftermarket wheels, did you keep the OEM’s or sell?

I know there are people that like to have all the OEM equipment if buying a car used and some that don’t care.

Worry about the next guy or not? I am not sure how this could impact resale or don’t worry about it?

On a side note, I am the type that wants the stuff if I am buying.

Thanks all
Sponsored

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I don't care about the next guy, lol. I sold my stock wheels.. made $1,300.. that is a lot of cash to have laying around for no reason.. I would have never used them again.

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
I am a pack rat when it comes to car parts, I always keep them and never know if will need them but when I buy a car I like all the original parts. but, the PP1 wheels are pretty sweet-looking wheels and if you decide to sell they are pretty popular so they'll go quickly!

Onewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ecoboost Premium Convertible
If I decide to get aftermarket wheels I will get summer tires with them and I will keep the OEM 20" painted alloy wheels with the All Season tires for winter usage.

MattMPA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT, 2016 Interceptor Utility, 2005 Excursion
I've been trying to sell my original take-offs with no real buyer yet. Crazy offers - but no buyers. When I sold my former SHO wheels, they went quickly.

Sponsored

MISCHVOUS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen/Pauline
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT/CS,
If you got room for them, I'd keep them. You'll get nothing for them now but in the future all that original factory correct stuff will be worth good money. History proves this to be correct.

wish i was fast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt s550
if you want to hold on to them for 30 year then they might be worth something. i don't see the point in having the same wheels as everyone else. i would sell them and use the money to reimburse the cost of custom wheels. i would not even keep them for winter tires. i do think you should have two full sets of wheels/tires if you use the car in winter time. i don't see any point in a all season tire. one set of summer and one set of winter. all seasons are not as good as ether so why have them

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
The car is original, once.

Skye is a long-term keep. One of the positives in switching to aftermarket wheels is I'd be able to stow the OEM units in pristine condition.

IMO, holding all the original bits is the best route. Regardless how long you own the car, in-general, when it is time to sell, you'll get the most offers and the best price.

And if keeping the car for the long, long-term, it's best to hold onto everything. Some legacy OEM items can be nearly impossible to find, or, demand crazy $$$ once you do locate them.

Last edited:

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
I plan on upgrading this spring and will get a summer set. I just put all seasons on my factory set for winter use.

Onewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ecoboost Premium Convertible
i would not even keep them for winter tires. i do think you should have two full sets of wheels/tires if you use the car in winter time. i don't see any point in a all season tire. one set of summer and one set of winter. all seasons are not as good as ether so why have them
Not everyone needs snow/winter tires. My Mustang will not be a daily driver and snow/ice conditions only happen a couple times per winter here so it's easy just not to drive in those conditions. But I don't want to drive summer only tires in 20-30 degree temps so the factory all season tires are a good compromise for winter time. Historical precedent says I will only put 3000-4000 miles per year on it so the all season (winter) tires will age out rather than because of tread life issues.

Last edited:

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I kept them because they make great winter wheels. Narrow and cheaper tire costs. I don't use the car regularly in the winter but it's fun to take it out sometimes and not worry about it being completely useless.

The stock 18 inch machined wheels are basically worthless since they're so common, so not much else I can do with them.

RoGCobraRV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I worry about a flat mostly is why I have kept my oem ones. Don't think most local tire places stock the aftermarket sizes one would need if necessary right away. Car is my daily so waiting for replacements wouldn't be optimal. I would like to sell them though. Put the money towards the boost I'm looking to do

Therealmattlex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I'd need a massive storage unit for all my original parts that have come off my cars. I'm also never planning on selling any of my cars so I don't care about the future value. I sold my factory wheels and it covered almost 50% of the cost of my new wheels and tires.

19gtMD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aj
Vehicle(s)
19 Gt premium
I keep mine. I use them if i catch a flat, cuz i refuse to ride on donuts for longer than 2 days. If i cant get my tires changed immediately i throw my stocks on. Also i don't like to ride on my nice rims, and low profile wheels during the winters in my location. Road salt, snow and all that. My wheels are seasonal

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
If you have the room, keep them, with tires on at least one. This way you have a full sized spare. If you rather the cash sell um. but if you sell um, and buying other wheels buy 5. one as the spare.
Sponsored