OP
WD Pro

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Can't believe you have missed that bit of plastic trim not sitting flush on the left side of the centre console ! Mine were worse than that but if you take off the knee pad and refit everything they will go flush

1606125223961.png
I've not missed it, I've just not done anything with it yet ... :blush:

I noticed it when I went through the interior when I first got it. The 'leather' in that area was covered in trim glue which I cleaned off. That panel is like its been moulded banana shaped and appears slightly loose. I can get it to sit a bit better, but then it relaxes again (probably with car movement) into the position you see.

Does it come off easily ? If so, how ? (I don't want to break it). I had planned on a small piece of trim tape under it to hold it down and hold it in place :like:

Sorry, but I can't for the life of me figure out what I should see here. :blush:
Just that it's clean? 🤔
Dust plug for the USB, its the little things that make me happy ... :cwl:

WD :like:
Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
:facepalm:
Wouldn't have noticed that if my life had depended on it. :crackup:

I solved that with a small USB stick. The upside is that unlike a cover, it's also functional.
Although most of the times I use my phone for music, I do sometimes prefer the USB stick. Both have their strengths and weaknesses.

IMG_1088.jpg

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV

I noticed it when I went through the interior when I first got it. The 'leather' in that area was covered in trim glue which I cleaned off. That panel is like its been moulded banana shaped and appears slightly loose. I can get it to sit a bit better, but then it relaxes again (probably with car movement) into the position you see.

Does it come off easily ? If so, how ? (I don't want to break it). I had planned on a small piece of trim tape under it to hold it down and hold it in place :like:

Yes it is easy. The knee bolster pulls off (held on by a few clips and a magnet) and then the small plastic panel pulls backwards and out to get it free. Once free you will see a fixing bolt for the other bits of trim - I had to reposition a few things and then the plastic trim panel went on flush. The knee bolster then just pushes back on.

OP
OP
WD Pro

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you :like:

MAD MATT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible PP1
Vehicle Showcase

Very little thing apparently...

Sponsored

mad murph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Fighter Jet Grey Mach 1
The sound tube got silenced today, but no test drive yet so don’t ask how much of a difference it made ... lol

I plugged mine in a slightly different way to the normal ‘rip it out’ method as I wanted to keep the OE look :

87-A19779-CF8-A-46-E5-98-A1-D2-E90341-BC51.jpg

40276-C34-0551-4288-90-AF-04-CFEA45-EFB1.jpg

Everything went back together and it looks completely ‘normal’ :like:

I followed that up by fitting a AEM dry filter and I took the opportunity to remove the carbon trap at the same time :

CBAE5-D15-807-E-485-F-B598-DED0-DCFB7-E53.jpg

If you do any work in that area and whilst the parts are stripped out, check the duct fits flush to the air box as mine was virtually disconnected, it’s now back flush :

E3-CCF552-66-F7-42-E0-8-C6-D-32-FABD763802.jpg

That barb on the left hand side where the duct meets the air box was completely disconnected and there was a gap on the left side of the duct.

To be fair, refitting the lid and the flexible hose opened the gap back up a little more than shown in the photo, but the parts still mate and aren’t open anymore :like:

Following on with the poor assembly / alignment theme, anyone read this thread ?

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/urgent-check-clutch-line-at-brake-master-cylinder.84132/

Well it looks like RHD don’t escape this issue either ...

8793-E106-4977-4083-8-E73-E3-A3-A1-A761-CF.jpg

And I’m guessing it’s more tricky to get too than on the LHD’s as it’s under the bulkhead brace and inboard of the master cylinder

0102.gif

Glad I opted for the white flags rather than the coloured versions, I was hoping they would take on the ambient lighting colour at night and it looks like I was in luck :

82-A448-AF-E196-4-EA8-9-A68-C185-A29-B0-DEC.jpg

But if I had a red, white or blue car I would have bought the coloured versions for sure ... :sunglasses:

Where did you get the flags for the cup holder please?

OP
OP
WD Pro

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Amazon.com : https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08BNHV921/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The small cup holder fits one perfectly, but you have to 'burp' it to get the air out from underneath as it's that snug of a fit. If you don't the air pressure will lift it back up again.

The large cup holder has a small circle of VHB tape under it to ensure it stays level and on centre.

Neither have moved since fitment (but they only ever have keys and remotes placed on them) :like:

Its actually one of those features I really like - it makes me smile ... lol

OP
OP
WD Pro

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Adjusted my wipers today :like:

Here is my (pre adjusted) sweep pattern :

E46106-A7-4-A16-47-BD-ADC2-16-F239-C71-B11.jpg

CD785-DB5-0-CBD-417-F-92-BB-085-C66-DF1231.jpg

Closer to the A pillar than some, but not as close as others I have seen :

250-F85-AD-9328-4561-9479-0-EA9516-EB0-A9.jpg

My main reason for the adjustment was I couldn’t lift them without them contacting the bonnet without twisting them a little first, that’s OK for me (but annoying) but you know it would have come back scratched after a service or MOT ...

This is the raised clearance for the passenger side which I didn’t need to adjust :

B35302-B1-C030-4232-AE81-53-CC8-AD4-A5-AB.jpg

And this is the drivers side raised fully after the mod :

07301993-744-F-42-CE-AB43-58-AAD02-CD987.jpg

And where it did contact when half raised / lowered pre adjustment as it passed the hood profile :

5-DDDC189-B5-CD-435-F-8-C16-AD16-C2-B408-E7.jpg

Final resting place after adjustment, note you can see the original adjustment mark on the screen for the drivers side in this photo :

CA40-F4-F4-A955-41-D5-A412-5-FDFA90-D57-B8.jpg

The arm looks ‘right’ now where before I thought it looked over rotated and actually downwards pointing a little :

65-D421-DA-868-C-43-BC-8-AE7-6-CDE173-BCE98.jpg

Now it’s level :

1-F8-DA9-CE-5749-45-C8-9117-56-E2-C80-DBCAB.jpg

This is the little tool I used :

01-DE8-BDF-DFF8-49-C4-8-B47-C812-E678-FB49.jpg

A few points if you tackle this yourself :

• My wiper arm was on ‘really’ tight. I couldn’t wind the tool any tighter and it wouldn’t budge. After three or four goes I left it tight whilst I went for the hairdryer to warm the arm, then I heard a crack as the arm released its grip on the splines and jumped up.

• Use lots of tape on the tool and wiper arm to stop marking the finish on the arm.

• I don’t think the ford arms are splined. I suspect they are a plain bore and the first assembly cuts the spline into the arm.

• Mine had witness of threadlock on the spline (can’t imagine it’s white ally corrosion after a few dryish months and no salt roads).

• As it’s splined, you don’t have infinite adjustment, it’s kind of one notch at a time and once the first set of notches have been cut by ford, the arm will follow them as you torque it down.

I’m happy with the little tweak, much easier for washing or applying rain x now (as I did this afternoon) without having to jam a microfibre between the arm and bonnet edge. It looks better. It sweeps more screen - not that I plan on driving it in the rain much ... :cwl:

Reactions: PKs

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
my17 manual tells you to manually move the wiper arms into the service position so you can change the blades. I prefer your way better for exactly the reason you mention!

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Mine were adjusted too far the other way from new which meant they hit the A pillar. used a bearing puller on mine to get them off as they were also very tight.

Sponsored
OP
OP
WD Pro

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Mine were adjusted too far the other way from new which meant they hit the A pillar. used a bearing puller on mine to get them off as they were also very tight.
So do yours now end up in a similar resting position to mine ?

I’m interested if we came up with the same adjustment :like:

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
my17 manual tells you to manually move the wiper arms into the service position so you can change the blades. I prefer your way better for exactly the reason you mention!
Do they have a service position? I thought they wouldn't, since they clear the bonnet anyway. I can't remember seeing anything about this in the manual.
Or is it just a 15-17 thing?

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
Do they have a service position? I thought they wouldn't, since they clear the bonnet anyway. I can't remember seeing anything about this in the manual.
Or is it just a 15-17 thing?
It's a RHD thing, I suspect LHD clears by default. Manual says pull into service position and you can feel the wipe motor resist once you get past a few degrees of motion. Adjusting the arms at factory would have been more sensible!

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Yes, I think the RHD might be different, because mine clear the bonnet with room to spare.

Driver's side:
File_000.jpg

File_001.jpg

Passenger's side:
File_000 (1).jpg

File_003.jpg

But still, it would be interesting if we had a service position. How do you get them there? In the mk4 Mondeo you had to press the lever down within three seconds of having turned off the ignition, then keep it there for two seconds. Is it the same here?
Sponsored