Sponsored

GT101 Mustang GT build thread - Whipple +....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Amazing transformation......and superb workmanship :headbang:
Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
I'd love that bonnet in Orange, wouldn't want CF
I would have it Gloss Black! (joking).
Saw this car in the flesh a couple of weeks back. Looks amazing under the bonnet with the supercharger mounted and sit well nice on those wheels

Sponsored

Ian whu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I would have it Gloss Black! (joking).
Saw this car in the flesh a couple of weeks back. Looks amazing under the bonnet with the supercharger mounted and sit well nice on those wheels
Hopefully I'll be able to see it next week :). If it still there

OP
OP

djone101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
None
Vehicle(s)
None
So an update on this build. The car came back to us on Wednesday having had a little over a thousand miles put on since the supercharger installation. We ran the car on the dyno this morning.
I was predicting 650bhp and we made 644bhp so within 1% of my guesstimate. That's 56% more than stock.
Torque was measured at 673Nm (497lbft) which is pretty monstrous.
Fuelling was nice and safe at around 12:1 adding about 4% fuel at the top end which is what you'd expect on a supercharged application. Boost was measured at about 9.5 PSI.

It ran really well and the road manners remain absolutely excellent - being an auto it just surfs along on that huge wave of torque. It's making 530Nm at 2500rpm which is the peak torque figure for the standard car....

This car is running the stock throttle body - if we had opted for the larger throttle body and injectors we would have seen even more - this is what SteveP will be running I believe.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=13889]djone101[/MENTION] have you done any brake/wheel upgrades for the car post super charger?

Also, crazy power already! What's next, or is that car now complete?

stiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 V8 Manual Fastback, DIB
Nice figures Dave and proves your bum dyno is well calibrated :)

Will be interested to see how the car fares with a few more miles under it's belt - but the Whipple is well proven and the tune should be good.

:thumbsup:

OP
OP

djone101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
None
Vehicle(s)
None
[MENTION=13889]djone101[/MENTION] have you done any brake/wheel upgrades for the car post super charger?

Also, crazy power already! What's next, or is that car now complete?
It's running the Vossen VFS1 20" wheels - we have added the StopTech two piece rotors too.

It's pretty much finished now. There is some badging to go on. It is a demo car for Clive Sutton - it's off to Monaco this weekend for the Top Marques show along with the black convertible we've done for them. It should also be on show at the London Motor Show at Battersea in May.

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
It's running the Vossen VFS1 20" wheels - we have added the StopTech two piece rotors too.

It's pretty much finished now. There is some badging to go on. It is a demo car for Clive Sutton - it's off to Monaco this weekend for the Top Marques show along with the black convertible we've done for them. It should also be on show at the London Motor Show at Battersea in May.
Ah wicked, just remember reading something about the stock GT brakes not being able to handle a whipple well (on a track).

Hopefully i'll see it at the London Motor show then!! Looks like a weapon, got any pictures of the black 'verte?

OP
OP

djone101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
None
Vehicle(s)
None
The black car was a few steps below the yellow one. Roush CAI, active exhaust and valance, Eibach springs and spacers, carbon splitter, rockers and rear panel - black badges etc.

MoZ

MoZ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang GT
The black car was a few steps below the yellow one. Roush CAI, active exhaust and valance, Eibach springs and spacers, carbon splitter, rockers and rear panel - black badges etc.

Can you confirm the make / size of spacers used here?

OP
OP

djone101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
None
Vehicle(s)
None
Can you confirm the make / size of spacers used here?
Yes Eibach - 25mm all round. TuV approved and with a two year warranty. They are £123 per axle set and we currently have stock here.

Dave

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Yes Eibach - 25mm all round. TuV approved and with a two year warranty. They are £123 per axle set and we currently have stock here.

Dave
Do they not cause the wheels to protrude from the arches?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.