Sponsored

GT101 Mustang GT build thread - Whipple +....

Status
Not open for further replies.

djone101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
None
Vehicle(s)
None
We've just begun a build for a customer which should mark this car out in the UK.

The spec will be:
Whipple Supercharger
KW Variant 1 suspension
Vossen VFS1 20" wheels
Pirelli P Zero tyres
Roush quad tip active exhaust
Roush rear fascia
Anderson Composites carbon front splitter, rear panel, rear spoiler, side rockers and possibly hood.

The car is a triple yellow GT with custom pack and it arrived yesterday.

So far we have the KW kit, Vossen wheels tyres and all the rough parts and are eagerly awaiting the supercharger and carbon parts which will be here soon.

Today we completed the installation of the Roush rear fascia which is designed to work with the quad tip exhaust. As the car has parking sensors this is actually quite an involved process - Roush suggest 3 hours to fit and that's probably fair. You have to remove the rear bumper and cut quite a lot off - this is definitely not a reversible mod. The fit and finish of the parts is, as you'd expect from Roush, very good indeed. The whole thing looks factory supplied. The instructions are pretty comprehensive too.

We've also installed the exhaust which is effectively an axle back system but the cut point is only shortly after the stock central resonator so the rear box assemblies are quite large. They incorporate an additional hanger on each box which I can only assume is for NVH reasons - they boxes are no heavier than stock. This means fitting a hanger bracket to the chassis rails using four nutserts. The boxes have one fixed outlet each and one with a two bolt flange where the active exhaust valves mount. The tips are highly polished but plain with no logo on.

If you use the exhaust as a passive system without fitting the valves you have the option of fitting two blanking plates for the inner straight through outlets which would mean it's permanently running in quiet mode, or leaving them out so it's permanently loud.

We ran it up briefly and the sound fully open is nice - not stupidly loud as you've still got that centre resonator but a quite aggressive sound.

Right now we're in the middle of fitting the active part of the system which gives you a control on the centre console for four modes; Touring, Sport, Track and Custom. The kit includes a wifi dongle that you plug into the OBD port and you can then set custom control maps on an App though your phone or tablet.

More as we go along....

Dave
Sponsored

Last edited:

NornIron91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
This is going to be a very interesting thread :thumbsup:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Can't wait to see more on this, this customers definitley pumping a lot of cash into a feature car and will look amazing once complete.

Full carbon hood confuses me greatly, i'm personally a massive fan of CF (I'd CF my entire car given the chance) but just one panel being CF is confusing as fk to me! But we'll see when it's done ;).

Any graphics going on this car stripes/rocker stripes etc?

Ian whu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Can't wait either, Have watched videos and downloaded instructions :))

Same exhaust as I just bought today.

Sponsored

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
What a car this'll be! Your customer must have deep pockets :cool:

666mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT cars name (HAMMER)
Keep um coming love pics will be watching
As I will be intouch for a whipple.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Which rear wing did they go for, 350R one?

I have one issue with this build, why on earth are they going with Pzero's again, they are a friggin crap tired compared to others on the market, I mean seriously.

Michelin just released Pilot Sports 4, they are a vastly superior tyre in every way, with that Whipple the customer will need as much traction they can get which Pzero's simply don't give. :(

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(

I have one issue with this build, why on earth are they going with Pzero's again, they are a friggin crap tired compared to others on the market, I mean seriously.

Michelin just released Pilot Sports 4, they are a vastly superior tyre in every way, with that Whipple the customer will need as much traction they can get which Pzero's simply don't give. :(
Exactly what I was going to ask. Seems like a strange decision. :confused:

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Exactly what I was going to ask. Seems like a strange decision. :confused:

I have nothing against Pirelli either, I have had their Corsa tyres and Trofeo R which are superb, but very geared towards track use but are superb. But the Pzero is an average summer tyre in dry, wet and braking performance. I could name 10 tyres that shame the Pzero in wet performance and probably just as many for dry grip.

I've being fortunate to test every Michelin, Pirelli, Goodyear, Dunlop, Bridgestone and Yokohama summer tyres and I have tested every single semi-r tyre. The Pzero unfortunately was an average performance at best.

Tell your customer to look at Michelin MPSS or PS4. Also the Goodyear F1 AS3 will be here very soon which should be a great tyre also.

Sponsored

Harmy2010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Exige S- Current / Black GT - On Order
Wow this is going to be some car!

Any information on when the GT101 website will show off the shelf parts? it would be good to know what is available and at what price here in the UK.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

Maybe it's not a daily driver, and he's using it for something like track days, I don't know? :lol: He's forked out over 10k in extra's alone, and i'm not sure what GT are charging him for these additions, but I doubt it'll be cheap (Might be free as first car they'll have done?). Not the kind of money you drop on a car you've just bought without having some serious plans for it.

Either that, or he's a street racer, racing for pink slips :lol:

OP
OP

djone101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
None
Vehicle(s)
None
.... i'm not sure what GT are charging him for these additions, but I doubt it'll be cheap (Might be free .....
You guys have a great sense of humour :D

On the tyres - while I'm sure they wouldn't be everyones choice the 305/30R20 rears are marked MC1 on the sidewall as they're a Maclaren approved fitment so they seem to have some credibility. I don't think the rears will last long anyway with the torque they'll be handling.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
You guys have a great sense of humour :D

On the tyres - while I'm sure they wouldn't be everyones choice the 305/30R20 rears are marked MC1 on the sidewall as they're a Maclaren approved fitment so they seem to have some credibility. I don't think the rears will last long anyway with the torque they'll be handling.
Probably be back next week for another set of tyres :lol:...

With the whipple - and probably a remap after that, how much BHP is he/she expecting to output on this car? Bet it's going to be lethal!

OP
OP

djone101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
None
Vehicle(s)
None
I'm expecting to see 650+ though the customer would like to see 700....
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.