Sponsored

Grabber Lime 2020 GT Build Thread

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
nothing clever, just grab the wiper arm and swing it along the windscreen til it's angled past hitting the bonnet but WD's idea is a much better future proof why didn't Ford think of this kinda idea.

1607363819491.png
Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I see. Then it must be a RHD thing, because mine cannot be moved by hand. I've just tried. They won't move.

OP
OP
WD Pro

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
@raptor17GT - I suspect 15’s and 18’s different bonnet profiles may influence what you can / can’t do with regards clearance and adjustment.

I think the 18’s are designed to clear (maybe more so on LHD’s) but I don’t know about the 15’s, maybe they won’t clear at all ? I’m sure I read the 350’s have an interference design with some accidental marking as a result of it and a mistake during maintenance / cleaning etc :frown:

WD :like:

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Ime, the wipers are easy to back-drive & designed to be.

So one should manually move the wipers before lifting them away from the wind shield.

I chose to pop the wiper arms off & reposition them below the bonnet profile, tuck them away, out of sight & air flow.
Popping the wiper arms from their spigots was a pita.

But better that they are well secured than to have a wiper arm stop moving, while in the outside lane of the M1, during a down pour!...

Sponsored

Harebear72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT Fastback
I have a 2016 and the postion they are in is fine and whenever I clean they move an inch or so and then clear the bonnet if I need to lift them up - thought they were all the same as this ?

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Well my passenger side does not sit horizontally but I can manually move the wipers through their full arc. RHD Aus spec.

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
I keep forgetting to lift the wipers, before, I wash the car.

So I clean the body, then move to the glass, lift the wipers and they flippin drip on the cleaned and dried bonnet!
:angry:

OP
OP
WD Pro

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I keep forgetting to lift the wipers, before, I wash the car.

So I clean the body, then move to the glass, lift the wipers and they flippin drip on the cleaned and dried bonnet!
:angry:
Been there, done that plenty of times over the years - I never learn ... :cwl:

Sponsored
OP
OP
WD Pro

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Not much to report, patiently waiting for Santa to arrive ... lol

Gave it a wash at weekend (photos taken today) and the Megs ultimate quick wax is still holding up really quite well, this is after 8 weeks and some particularly crap weather :

B98-ACB69-73-B1-4-D6-C-AB0-B-B9-F7-D675-A48-B.jpg

0-B344243-85-F6-40-DB-9-E63-62-D6-C83-DCAC3.jpg

I will try and redo it over the Christmas break, weather permitting ...

OP
OP
WD Pro

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I've done nothing with it yet - and it bugs me every time I look at the back of the car ...

I've decided that I like the completely flat and de badged look best :sunglasses:

I asked about aftermarket blank deck lids here https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/mp-concepts-deck-lid-panel.149525/ with mixed responses.

I'm pretty sure now that I want an OE Ford panel and if they start to make them again due to the Mach 1 rear panel, a completely flat one without the two lines moulded into it.

I have asked Ford Performance if they will start to stock that panel as a blank, but I haven't had a response yet ...

Just a quick update to the above.

I didn't receive a response from the Ford Performance generic helpline, so I wrote directly to two FP guys that have been very helpful to me in the past, within a couple of hours I received a response from each of them :

At this time I do not see a part number for that panel in our system.

I have not heard of any talk of offering it.

I will pass it on to the product manager. If they see enough interest maybe they will offer it.

And :

Unfortunately the solid panel (M-16600-M) was discontinued and we no longer have stock in that item. The newer part (M-16600-MA) has superseded it and is the only option we have.

Unfortunately I can not comment on future offerings through Ford Performance when it comes to unannounced or unreleased items. I would just keep an eye on our site or check back in with us for new offerings (especially if a smooth panel is in the works).

In the meantime I will be happy to pass on your feedback to the team though and let them know that you and other in the community do like the perfectly smooth option vs the newer panel with the ridge.

OP
OP
WD Pro

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
My Mustang specific Christmas pressies :

ADE08-C94-73-BD-43-C6-AE51-ABCC3-DB1-FC0-F.jpg

Got a bit of time to mess around with the OBD programmer and Forscan today, up to now I have changed :
  • Ford Performance start up splash screen.
  • Ford Performance shut down Splash screen.
  • Changed momentary indicator from 3 to 6 flashes (got to show off the sequencers ... lol)
  • Activated the axle oil temp gauge in the digital dash.
  • Activated Door lock in motion. I now have the option on the digital dash but I have yet to test it (snow on roads).
I couldn't get to work the :
  • Oil pressure gauge in the digital dash - I can turn on the gauge, but it wont actually work (seems to be common issue on exports).
  • I cant get Lincoln grey sync theme to work.
  • I want the car to beep on double lock - I know everyone stateside wants to turn this off, but I just like being different ... lol
I will pick the above points up on the Forscan thread and see if I can find some solutions :like:

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
In addition to the above, you can also get rid of those stupid green arrows that tell you when to up- or downshift. I don't know the codes, but there are predefined settings in the 'easy' IPC config menu.
They may make sense in a Kia hatchback that's going to be driven to the shops by a mom for whom the car is merely an appliance. But the Mustang is a car for die-hard petrolheads. We're supposed to know how to drive. Expecting us to upshift at 2100 rpm is stupid to say the least. :giggle:

Last edited:

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
In addition to the above, you can also get rid of those stupid green arrows that tell you when to up- or downshift. I don't know the codes, but there are predefined settings in the 'easy' IPC config menu.
They may make sense in a Kia hatchback that's going to be driven to the shops by a mom for whom the car is merely an appliance. But the Mustang is a car for die-hard petrolheads. We're supposed to know how to drive. Expecting us to upshift at 2100 rpm is stupid to say the least. :giggle:
Amusingly enough they also light up in track mode ... At least somebody had the foresight to disable the pre-collision alert system when in track mode, but this fuel economy arrow was obviously missed. Should have been disabled in anything above driving mode "normal".
Sponsored