Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
Good advice.

There may be a reason to go back to stock some day. You will be kicking yourself for not keeping the original intake and valve body. Put them in a box and store them somewhere. What you get in cash would never be worth the trouble of finding and paying for replacements down the line.
So right with that statement.
Sponsored

Mustang11020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT w/PP1
I wanted to update everyone on my car's issues. Since I uploaded the Procal tune myself two weeks ago, the car has been running great and error code free for those 2 weeks.

The startup is nice and loud, car revs smoothly, and acceleration and shifting with the A10 is smooth and powerful.

Now that everything is working right, the car has become better than ever.

I recommend the FP Calibration Tune to anyone looking at getting it.

Also, thanks to everyone for the help in troubleshooting the tune issues. The info here helped me a lot!

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
So right with that statement.

Not to mention the stock parts aren't worth much of anything - unless you happen to find someone who didn't keep their stock parts and is getting rid of their car. The throttle body is $150 brand new - and even cheaper new since it came on so many different Fords, air box isn't worth much either.

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
I wanted to update everyone on my car's issues. Since I uploaded the Procal tune myself two weeks ago, the car has been running great and error code free for those 2 weeks.

The startup is nice and loud, car revs smoothly, and acceleration and shifting with the A10 is smooth and powerful.

Now that everything is working right, the car has become better than ever.

I recommend the FP Calibration Tune to anyone looking at getting it.

Also, thanks to everyone for the help in troubleshooting the tune issues. The info here helped me a lot!
Glad it worked out. Allot of us are please with the kit.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone done this with a chromebook?
I have zero access to a windows PC, so I'm going to have to buy one.

Sponsored

spaz mk will

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Has anyone done this with a chromebook?
I have zero access to a windows PC, so I'm going to have to buy one.
Pretty sure the software is an .exe so Windows it is. I had to borrow a friends.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Ok got mine setup, pro cal downloaded and ford uploaded the performance tune.

Did anyone else notice that the Procal software was created by Livernois tuning????

When I installed the software, it asked for permission to allow the download from them.......

Also, windows 10 running in S mode can easily be disabled to allow the software to run.

I had to buy a $200 Asus laptop to make this happen.

Edit: installed it today, went well but was a bit worried that the throttle body was cLocked at about 11:00. Normal from what I've seen on others.
Impressive.improvement. such a calm cold start, my neighbors will approve.
The low end pull is great, totally different experience from stock.
My right foot needs calibrating. Expensive, yes, but I think it was very worthwhile.
Sounds a bit more angry when pushed as well.

Last edited:

Cody5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Performance Pack
Just out of curiosity has there been any further revisions to this since the 90 degree elbow was added?

Jonyxz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 401A 10R80
Edit: installed it today, went well but was a bit worried that the throttle body was cLocked at about 11:00. Normal from what I've seen on others.
Impressive.improvement. such a calm cold start, my neighbors will approve.
The low end pull is great, totally different experience from stock.
My right foot needs calibrating. Expensive, yes, but I think it was very worthwhile.
Sounds a bit more angry when pushed as well.
100%

RichardC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Hey, does anyone know when the Ford Performance tune for the 2018+ Mustang GT will come out? I'm interested in a tune, but I'm not a mad performance focused racing guy, I just want to look into the increased response, power, and efficiency, etc. I also like my warranty and that pretty much leaves me with the Ford Performance tune; however, it's been like 2 years and there is no tune yet. I hope it will come soon, as the Ecoboost only came out about 2 months ago. So does anyone know when the tune is coming?
M-9693-M8B is certified in all 50 states for a 2021 Mustang GT. Have a dealer install and enjoy your drive.

Sponsored

smoke_wagon_6g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT
I have a rattle at 2k that sounds a lot like ping.

Just make sure it really is ping, since these cars have a noise that can fool you. The easy way to know is that ping occurs under load, not at idle.

Good luck. I want this kit and am reading this thread closely.

grue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Base GT + PP1
Agreed, it's a great tune. Really happy about the rev hang as well.
ah! what rev hang are you guys referring to? i'm working my way backwards through this thread. so might nothave seen it yet. but does it eliminate rev hang? and under what circumstances. i get rev hang if i push the clutch in and don't release it (to coast a few seconds) and not shift, i also get it in round -a-bouts when i accelerate in 1st or 2nd gear then lift off the throttle to try and slow down. thanks. 2018 pp1 mt.

spaz mk will

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
ah! what rev hang are you guys referring to? i'm working my way backwards through this thread. so might nothave seen it yet. but does it eliminate rev hang? and under what circumstances. i get rev hang if i push the clutch in and don't release it (to coast a few seconds) and not shift, i also get it in round -a-bouts when i accelerate in 1st or 2nd gear then lift off the throttle to try and slow down. thanks. 2018 pp1 mt.
Rev hang on clutch in, where the computer holds RPMs, is significantly reduced. I have some more detailed thoughts waaay back in this thread, but it’s the best unadvertised part of this tune for MT cars. Revs drop much faster and more naturally.

ALLSTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Accord LX 5MT, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2
quiiiiiick couple questions.
apologies if this has been answered already!

So from what I gather, we purchase the kit from whatever retailer.
Setup the tuning device at home.
Then bring everything into the dealer, and they will install the parts AND upload / flash the new tune?

My main concern is the tune uploading correctly.

Can I have the dealer install the hardware, drive home, and then upload the new tune myself?

thanks!

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
My main concern is the tune uploading correctly.

Can I have the dealer install the hardware, drive home, and then upload the new tune myself?

thanks!
No, because you need the tune to be able to drive the car with the new hardware installed. I guess technically you can have the car towed home, but that leads me to my 2nd point:

Not sure why the tune is your main concern, that's the easy part. You just click a few buttons on a computer. If you don't trust your dealership service department to do that, I would not take it to them.

This can be done by any ASE certified mechanic also, not just a dealership.
Sponsored