Ford Performance Tune for 2018+ GT

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I don't believe pinging to be an issue. Use good quality fuel. I run Petro-Can 94 and occasionally have to put some 91 in due to lack of 94 availability. No pinging here.
Sponsored

Mustang11020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT w/PP1
I got my F.P. Calibration Kit and got it installed at a Ford Dealer about a week ago, and I love what it did for my '20 GT with an A10 Trans. Shifting and acceleration run so much better over the factory tune. It really woke up the car.

The only issue I am having is when I get out of work and start the car, which is parked outside in the Texas heat, it throws out four engine codes every time and goes into "limp mode" on the drive home.

Codes are:
P0300 - random misfire detected
P0316 - misfire detected on startup (first 1000 revolutions)
P061B - internal control module torque calculation performance
P160A - control module vehicle options reconfiguration error

I plan on getting Ford to look at this on my next oil change in about 2 weeks, but I wanted to see if anyone else has any experience on this. I checked the air flow from the grill to the throttle body, and corrected a crimped rubber seal at the grill. I also clear the codes daily and the car starts and runs fine any other time I start it. I have debated reloading the program with the Pro Cal and even thought about looking at new plugs, but I'm not sure how to correct the issue. Anyone else having this problem?

I love the results of the kit, so I don't want to go back to stock. The only other mods I have done are an X pipe and a Steeda exhaust, which shouldn't affect anything.

Radar Doc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Premium
The only issue I am having is when I get out of work and start the car, which is parked outside in the Texas heat, it throws out four engine codes every time and goes into "limp mode" on the drive home.

Codes are:
A Crank Relearn may eliminate the misfire codes. That can be done with the ProCal and is mentioned in the ProCal4 instructions here: https://performanceparts.ford.com/download/instructionsheets/FORDINSTSHTM-12655-F.PDF

Sponsored

MNstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I got my F.P. Calibration Kit and got it installed at a Ford Dealer about a week ago, and I love what it did for my '20 GT with an A10 Trans. Shifting and acceleration run so much better over the factory tune. It really woke up the car.

Codes are:

I plan on getting Ford to look at this on my next oil change in about 2 weeks, but I wanted to see if anyone else has any experience on this. I checked the air flow from the grill to the throttle body, and corrected a crimped rubber seal at the grill. I also clear the codes daily and the car starts and runs fine any other time I start it. I have debated reloading the program with the Pro Cal and even thought about looking at new plugs, but I'm not sure how to correct the issue. Anyone else having this problem?

I love the results of the kit, so I don't want to go back to stock. The only other mods I have done are an X pipe and a Steeda exhaust, which shouldn't affect anything.
I hope you have your issue figured out. Can I ask what the dealer charged you for the install? I have been wanting to do this on my car as well...

Jonyxz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 401A 10R80
Installed this yesterday evening. The CAI fit is tight and sealing could be better. Had some trouble sealing it properly on the upper lid side against the fender. FP could have designed that a little cleaner.
Only ran a short test drive so I dont want to express myself regarding performance yet. However, I did notice smoother rpm increase and exhaust sound.
IAT climb much higher while idling compared to stock box. Will check seals again tomorrow with better light...

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Installed this yesterday evening. The CAI fit is tight and sealing could be better. Had some trouble sealing it properly on the upper lid side against the fender. FP could have designed that a little cleaner.
Only ran a short test drive so I dont want to express myself regarding performance yet. However, I did notice smoother rpm increase and exhaust sound.
IAT climb much higher while idling compared to stock box. Will check seals again tomorrow with better light...
Check the front lower part of the airbox too, where the foam flap points down. There was a gap there as the foam does not want to naturally press against the box. I ended up having to use black RTV to seal the foam against the airbox. Then used green painters tape to hold it in position until the RTV cured. Horrible design but manageable.

My IAT when sitting climb about 10 deg C. When cruising they sit about 2 to 3 deg C higher than ambient.

Throw that sucker into track mode and tell us what you think. P.S. Hold on tight. 🚀

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Significant iat increase is normal with any open intake application. Oem closed box definitely shines in that regard.

Sponsored

Jonyxz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 401A 10R80
Significant iat increase is normal with any open intake application. Oem closed box definitely shines in that regard.
Well, the open side should seal against the hood getting it close to oem temps, especially at night. I think I need to recheck those seals.

Mustang11020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT w/PP1
I am still having the same error codes, even though I managed to get some good revs for the crank relearn.

Codes are:

I have been working extra this week, but next week I plan to call Ford Performance to see what they have to say. Sometimes, when the car is going to act up, on regular accelerations the motor is hesitant around 2000rpm, and the shifting is jumpy and unsure, that's how I know when its going to return to limp mode. Its odd because I can have a perfect drive, then park the car for a few minutes, then the next ride is rough and unsure. I'm really not sure what's the problem, I warm the car properly, take it easy until the trans is warmed up, and I checked the intake from the grill to the manifold that it is clear and connected correct. My thought is that it's a programming issue or error in the ECM.

Still open to any suggestions, otherwise I'll be heading back to Ford so they can take a look at it.

Mustang11020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT w/PP1
I hope you have your issue figured out. Can I ask what the dealer charged you for the install? I have been wanting to do this on my car as well...
I live in the DFW metroplex, and the inner city dealers wouldn't do the install. I found a dealer just outside the metroplex and they charged $350. Although I am having issues, I think my car is an exception and I want to keep the tune, it is great when it runs right.

Jonyxz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 401A 10R80
I live in the DFW metroplex, and the inner city dealers wouldn't do the install. I found a dealer just outside the metroplex and they charged $350. Although I am having issues, I think my car is an exception and I want to keep the tune, it is great when it runs right.
Have you tried reuploading the tune?

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
It does sound like a an ecu issue.
Sponsored