Ford Performance Tune for 2018+ GT

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
All in was $1368. It is on it's way and should arrive next week.
For any other Canadians here... I had to pay $168 GST at the post office. So all in final cost $1537 Cad. Still saved over $200 than if I bought locally.
20210331_201534.jpg

Reading through the installation instructions I came across something strange in Step22:
Screenshot_20210331-220855_Drive.jpg

What does Stage2 mean? I am guessing I need to turn the bolts 60 degrees tighter after achieving the 62 in/lbs of torque?
Sponsored

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
For any other Canadians here... I had to pay $168 GST at the post office. So all in final cost $1537 Cad. Still saved over $200 than if I bought locally.
20210331_201534.jpg

Reading through the installation instructions I came across something strange in Step22:
Screenshot_20210331-220855_Drive.jpg

What does Stage2 mean? I am guessing I need to turn the bolts 60 degrees tighter after achieving the 62 in/lbs of torque?
Correct

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I broke one bolt for throttle body. They are weak bolts. Just fyi. Make sure your torque wrench is set correctly. But not to worry, Lowes has same bolts lol!

Sponsored

doph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Z28, 2019 GT PP1 w/ MT6, MR
It does, has to be a dealer or ASE certified mechanic.
Yep, but check it, even after a dealer installs it. Had mine done by my local dealer about six months ago. The visible parts looked good after installation, and I had already downloaded the tune from FP into the ProCal device, so they couldn't really screw that up, but...

I recently decided to change the front grill pony emblem to black (the last one on the car that was still silver). To get to the back side of original silver emblem, I pulled the plastic radiator cover, and discovered the snorkel had been misaligned and jammed up for the last six months:

IMG_3897sm.jpg

After pulling the filter I could see it from the inside of the intake bowl as well:

IMG_3900sm.jpg

In hindsight, I could have checked this right after installation (without pulling the radiator cover) by just pulling the filter and looking in with a flashlight - word to the wise... :headbang:

Luckily the rubber flange is pretty thick and pliable. With careful pulling, pushing and massaging, I got things lined up correctly WITHOUT having to pull everything out and start over:

IMG_3902sm.jpg

sm.jpg

IATs seem to have have dropped another degree closer to ambient when moving (now about 4-5 degrees above), and I swear it sounds a little better now... 😉

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
^^ good you fixed it. Crazy.

I am wondering does anyone think drilling some extra holes in the grill for the air intake make an improved difference. I have read about some people drilling a couple of extra holes to take in a little more air. What you all think?

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
And you have pay for that "quality" of installation!? This is why I don't like anyone touching my vehicles. For the dealers it's always speed over quality.

Last edited:

Stranger706

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT w/Roush SC
Starting to see some odd shift behavior with the tune.

Getting shift flares in 8-9-10. Also getting bad rev hang when taking off and then releasing throttle. For example gunning it across an intersection (50-75% throttle) then letting off and it just sits there at 5k and doesn’t upshift for several seconds. Wtf man. This all while in normal drive mode.

Going to flash back to stock over the weekend and reassess.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
No issues on my 2020 m6 car runs great. Hope you get sorted out.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, but check it, even after a dealer installs it. Had mine done by my local dealer about six months ago. The visible parts looked good after installation, and I had already downloaded the tune from FP into the ProCal device, so they couldn't really screw that up, but...

I recently decided to change the front grill pony emblem to black (the last one on the car that was still silver). To get to the back side of original silver emblem, I pulled the plastic radiator cover, and discovered the snorkel had been misaligned and jammed up for the last six months:

IMG_3897sm.jpg

After pulling the filter I could see it from the inside of the intake bowl as well:

IMG_3900sm.jpg

In hindsight, I could have checked this right after installation (without pulling the radiator cover) by just pulling the filter and looking in with a flashlight - word to the wise... :headbang:

Luckily the rubber flange is pretty thick and pliable. With careful pulling, pushing and massaging, I got things lined up correctly WITHOUT having to pull everything out and start over:

IMG_3902sm.jpg

sm.jpg

IATs seem to have have dropped another degree closer to ambient when moving (now about 4-5 degrees above), and I swear it sounds a little better now... 😉
Weird my cars snorkel was same way from factory. I fixed it as well
Sponsored