Ford Performance Tune for 2018+ GT

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
What is the purpose of the open airbox? Seems like a foolish design...

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
What is the purpose of the open airbox? Seems like a foolish design...
When moving you'd not going to see a huge temp difference in air temps vs closed. It's when sitting idle you'll see temps rise faster and higher with an open box. But the GT350/FP/Bullitt airbox seals with the hood liner. I'd have to look but I think it also lets it pull in colder air from the hood vent as well.

I remember a similar thread on the GT350 section, and in the end, no one really cared or saw much reason to change it any as other intake options didn't offer much of a change in IAT's.

Sponsored

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
When moving you'd not going to see a huge temp difference in air temps vs closed. It's when sitting idle you'll see temps rise faster and higher with an open box. But the GT350/FP/Bullitt airbox seals with the hood liner. I'd have to look but I think it also lets it pull in colder air from the hood vent as well.

I remember a similar thread on the GT350 section, and in the end, no one really cared or saw much reason to change it any as other intake options didn't offer much of a change in IAT's.
I just looked, can't see much air being pulled from that vent. Just seems silly to me, I don't need to see the filter and can't believe there is any performance advantage. Is retaining the stock box an option? I'm thinking about purchasing...

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I just looked, can't see much air being pulled from that vent. Just seems silly to me, I don't need to see the filter and can't believe there is any performance advantage. Is retaining the stock box an option? I'm thinking about purchasing...
Stock box and e85 tune (if available in your area) double the power and costs less.

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Stock box and e85 tune (if available in your area) double the power and costs less.
Nearest E85 station is an hour drive one way and the next one is a lot further than that.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
What if the nearest e85 gas station is in another country? Seriously, not a single station anywhere. What options does one have other than this FP tune?

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Nearest E85 station is an hour drive one way and the next one is a lot further than that.
Ah then ya not a viable option.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
You have alot of options for 93 tuning, just that this tune is the only one that you won't have any issues with the existing warranty and (as of right now) is one of very few that are CARB legal.
Not too concerned with CARB as I am in Canada and they have done away with yearly emissions testing. I have heard good things about ngauge but that hardware is now going extinct. I have no other knowledge of who or how to obtain a tune. I want the rev hang to go bye-bye, the throttle response to be snappy, and some more low end torque. This kit does all that but I'm not to thrilled with these higher intake temperatures that the CAI adds.

Dans18GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Not too concerned with CARB as I am in Canada and they have done away with yearly emissions testing. I have heard good things about ngauge but that hardware is now going extinct. I have no other knowledge of who or how to obtain a tune. I want the rev hang to go bye-bye, the throttle response to be snappy, and some more low end torque. This kit does all that but I'm not to thrilled with these higher intake temperatures that the CAI adds.
There is a post somewhere in one of these threads by someone that adapted their stock air box to this kit. It's possible

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
There is a post somewhere in one of these threads by someone that adapted their stock air box to this kit. It's possible
I will have a look for it. In the meantime, if there are similar gains to be had with 93 octane and a 3rd party tune I'm all ears.

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Stock temps when driving are pretty good compared to ambient temp. Its only at idle when they jump a bunch. As a matter of fact I think while driving the AITs are just like the stock air box. Cant rememebr but that was in this thread months ago. I know, it's a long thread lol...
Sponsored