Ford Performance Tune for 2018+ GT

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
^^ just to make sure put in the Procal and then go through the selections. Check gear ratio change it if it's not right. Check tires, it accepts only rotations per minute, you can search google, rotations per minute with your tire size. I do believe though its correct for you at stock from your vin. I had to change mine when I first Installed because I have 305/45/17, way bigger than stock on a base GT. Then later after gears.

Edit: rotations per mile! Smh
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
^^ just to make sure put in the Procal and then go through the selections. Check gear ratio change it if it's not right. Check tires, it accepts only rotations per minute, you can search google, rotations per minute with your tire size. I do believe though its correct for you at stock from your vin. I had to change mine when I first Installed because I have 305/45/17, way bigger than stock on a base GT. Then later after gears.

Edit: rotations per mile! Smh
So I should double check only after they dealer flashes the car, or go check it out while on stock? I am curious cause tire calcs say very different numbers and the older procal 3 manual for Ford has a calculation formula that does not even match the generic calculators, yet my specific manufacturer specs say different from generic as well. 255/14/19 online calcs go by 751, manufacturer goes 769, ford formula calc off older procal 3 manual goes by 771

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT
I just flashed mine today, tire size/rear axle ratio stayed the same after flashing. didn't have to update them.

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I dont know if that is considered a huge difference and needs to be changed. . When I changed my tire rotation per mile, I went by what I found online for my tires. You can change it after the tune is in. I changed the tires first then months later the gear ratio. Pretty easy pro cal device. My first tune so I felt this one is good for some one like me.

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT
Loaded the tune today and took it out. I do notice the extra power down low, it's nice for around town mid throttle driving. Rev hang is nearly gone, it is so much nicer to upshift at high RPMs now.

Something I don't remember seeing mentioned that I noticed, with the exhaust in track mode, I get a nice little bark on full throttle upshifts now. I love that.

It's pretty cold still so I couldn't go too crazy, but looking forward to driving it some more and getting a feel for it. So far I would definitely say I'm happy with it.

Side note, like a few others, my hood would NOT latch. I've always had poor hood fitment, it sat way low on the driver's side, so I guess this made it worse in the other direction. I loosened the two nuts for the hood latch and raised it up a bit, and it was a bear, but I finally got it to latch. I'll need to play with it some more though because I really had to slam it and press down hard to get it to latch.

Sponsored

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
^^ nice. For the hood you also have those two rubber bumpers (?) On each side you can twist to move up and down. May help to adjust those. I tried playing with my hood after installation but there still is a small gap, very small, on drivers side

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT
Yeah I've played with the rubber bumpers, but even lowered super far it's like the hood can't reach the latch. I think I need to raise the latch more.

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
No issues with the hood on my install.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
For those in Canada that ordered from Levittownford, how long did it take to receive your kit?
Trying to time the arrival so it's here the first week of April when the car goes back on the road.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
^^ nice. For the hood you also have those two rubber bumpers (?) On each side you can twist to move up and down. May help to adjust those. I tried playing with my hood after installation but there still is a small gap, very small, on drivers side
The installer did adjust my driver side one a bit, after install, the hood could shut fine but we could tell the edge over the light was not lining up with fender and front bumper edge, he just twisted it a bit then it lined up.

Sponsored

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I dont know if that is considered a huge difference and needs to be changed. . When I changed my tire rotation per mile, I went by what I found online for my tires. You can change it after the tune is in. I changed the tires first then months later the gear ratio. Pretty easy pro cal device. My first tune so I felt this one is good for some one like me.
I saw same 771 before and after, but I do realize that is close to Pirelli Zero Nero All Seasons 255/40/19 (they list 770 RPM) Should I bother to change to 769 for BF Goodrich Comp 2 a/s in same size which states 769. or just leave it as is.

I guess I could play around with a GPS app to try to test my speed with cruise control

LetItRide1978

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Not everyone's car is built correctly lol. Ford QC is questionable.
For real! My hood, bumper, fenders, and front splitter had gaps galore. Took my car to a good body shop to get everything lined up right. Also, my driver door is a different paint color than the rest of the car. Still need to get that taken care of.

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
Oh I know. I feel lucky on this car.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
For real! My hood, bumper, fenders, and front splitter had gaps galore. Took my car to a good body shop to get everything lined up right. Also, my driver door is a different paint color than the rest of the car. Still need to get that taken care of.
Damn, that blows. My car is almost perfect, which is likely only because it was a quality control pull on a Friday evening. I have a factory sign off on the bottom of the steering rack with someone's badge number and a time. Proof they do QC...sometimes. Of course my car was made pre covid so who knows what's happened since.
Sponsored