Sponsored

Ford Performance Tune for 2018+ GT

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
To say that it draws from the bullit tune is probably valid, but to say that its absolutely the bullit tune is probably not true. It looks like its tuned for more low to mid range and its also includes a10 tuning. 42ftlbs at 2000rpm will be real nice on the street!
The question is how much the GT350 manifold impacts the Bullitts low end. It's stock tune may have a low end TQ bump just to lose less low end vs the 18+ IM.
Sponsored

Vstang2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Anyone receive word on when it ships? Or when they expect it to?

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
I was quoted roughly 5 hours labor from my dealer to install this. Does that sound right?

OP
OP
crimson_crowd_eater

crimson_crowd_eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I was quoted roughly 5 hours labor from my dealer to install this. Does that sound right?
As Bill from CJ's would say, "I figure give it about an hour and you'll be back on the road in no time."
5 hours definitely does not sound right to install a tune, throttle body, and CAI.

Cobrakit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PREMIUM PP1
Install yourself. Only part thats delicate is the tune, you need a solid battery and patience!!!!

I was never asked to show a receipt for the 2 times i had new cats put on my car under warranty, once with NA tune and once with supercharger, both i installed myself.

OBTW go Ruby Red !!!!!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
As said, definitely not. The install itself should run about an hour, at the most, for someone with experience (if it's your first time or something then that's a different story). How long the tune itself takes I'm not sure about but there's no way it's a 4 hour process.

green97probe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2014 Edge
Vehicle Showcase
As said, definitely not. The install itself should run about an hour, at the most, for someone with experience (if it's your first time or something then that's a different story). How long the tune itself takes I'm not sure about but there's no way it's a 4 hour process.
Isn't the number of hours based on the flat rate system though?

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Thanks everyone. They couldn’t find the time required in the system so the tech guesstimated on the high side my service rep said. I don’t want to do it myself because I want to keep my warranty!

JayAction

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Does your dealer quote labor at $140 an hour? That's the figure I was given at Nalley Ford in Atlanta when I was going to get an x pipe installed through them.

If so this would be another situation the dealer is charging damn near the same in labor as the parts itself.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
Isn't the number of hours based on the flat rate system though?
For warranty work. Anything else falls into a grey area, but I could stand to be corrected on that. In any case, I don't think the dealer has to abide by any set standard. They're just forced to do so when it comes to warranty repairs because the bill is paid by Ford and not the consumer, so Ford sets the labor hours to avoid being milked for labor fees.

Sponsored

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Does your dealer quote labor at $140 an hour? That's the figure I was given at Nalley Ford in Atlanta when I was going to get an x pipe installed through them.

If so this would be another situation the dealer is charging damn near the same in labor as the parts itself.
$120 an hour

Gbk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
I live in Northeast Houston I was quoted.

Dealer $405
Certified mechanic $180

raydog1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Installed today and they did pickup & delivery. Unfortunately, it’s raining cats & dogs so no joyriding yet. I’ve only driven it 10 feet to move it.
Sponsored