Ford Performance Tune for 2018+ GT

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
^^ that wire has to be extended. So you have to unclip and take some tape off too. You can retape what you can after install. I believe it's in the instructions.
Sponsored

Last edited:

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT
^^ that wire has to be extended. So you have to unclip and take some tape off too. You can retape what you can after install. I believe it's in the instructions.
Yeah I remember seeing the instructions saying the harness may have to get extended, but don’t really recall anyone here mentioning it. Did you splice in extra wire, or are you able to get enough slack by unwrapping some of the harness?

And I guess that means you left that gray connector where it was?

andrewzander

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Yeah I remember seeing the instructions saying the harness may have to get extended, but don’t really recall anyone here mentioning it. Did you splice in extra wire, or are you able to get enough slack by unwrapping some of the harness?

And I guess that means you left that gray connector where it was?
Nothing was spliced on mine and all connectors remain connected. There should be enough slack in the cable if you free the fasteners. This is mentioned in steps 24 and 25 of the instructions.

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT
Nothing was spliced on mine and all connectors remain connected. There should be enough slack in the cable if you free the fasteners. This is mentioned in steps 24 and 25 of the instructions.
This is the picture from the instructions. Mine didn't look quite like this, but I did remove these two fasteners along with two more. My harness on the right side splits off to the grey connector I posted before. Not even pictured here. I wonder if there are year/trim level differences or something.

Screen Shot 2021-02-28 at 12.42.48 AM.png

Sponsored

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT
Here's a wider shot of mine before, I drew a red line to the right of the harness that splits off from my MAF harness and leads to the "blank" connector.

Maybe I'm pre-wired for magneride? I know there was some discussion of some cars having that.

So nobody else had this separate harness coming off the MAF harness leading to a seemingly unused gray connector?

Screen_Shot_2021-02-28_at_10_15_44_AM.png

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Yes. I took pics. I have that too. Dont know what it is for. You cut tape to extend the MAF sensor. Then I taped again at bottom right corner of engine bay.

20210228_105227.jpg

20210228_105253.jpg

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Isn't that plug the 'dyno plug'? If it is, it completely disables all forms of T/C and stability control. I know it's around there somewhere, but not sure. Hopefully others will confirm or repeal that.

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Isn't that plug the 'dyno plug'? If it is, it completely disables all forms of T/C and stability control. I know it's around there somewhere, but not sure. Hopefully others will confirm or repeal that.
That's correct.

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT
Knowing that's what it is, it sounds like there'd be no harm in repositioning it if I don't want to unravel the harness to extend the MAF portion of it?

Sponsored

Cobrakit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PREMIUM PP1
Knowing that's what it is, it sounds like there'd be no harm in repositioning it if I don't want to unravel the harness to extend the MAF portion of it?
I don't remember that being an issue when i installed. Just cut some tape to free maf wire and it hooked right up. Did not really have to mess with that connector. Maybe i was lucky!

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT
All buttoned up. Haven't loaded the tune yet, gonna have to wait for warmer weather in a week or so.

IMG_1191.jpeg

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
So the procal portion was to go to FP site and create your account and then enter voucher under procal, it then prompted to download the file. I then installed procal software then updated it then updated the device once connected. I then went to my car and had the procal download my stock tune. I then went back to the computer and clicked update and then it asked me if I wanted to connect to fp servers, I then entered my login password and voucher again. It then eventually found a tune and wrote a tune to the procal? This is what I now see on my screen, I wondered about clicking update again, but if I do that it asks me to go to FP and enter my voucher and other stuff again, so I clicked no since I assume everything is done on the procal device and it has the performance tune ready to upload to the car so now I have to get the kit installed then hook up my procal?

Wonder what the Flags with number of 2000 means?

DSC_4203.JPG

Stranger706

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT w/Roush SC
Ok laptop was the problem. Had to get a new laptop. All is well now. Continuing the install.
So its been 5 days with the install. 2019 GT w/A10/3.55s/28,000 miles. Bought from Levittown Ford and installed myself. I commute 100 miles a day 5-6 days a week, mostly interstate.

Mods:
Ford Borla Catback
Project 6gr 20" staggered wheels w/265 & 305 Nitto G2s
Duckbill spoiler from CJPP

Quick impressions:

- Overall drivability a big improvement from stock (power delivery is linear, consistent now)
- high rpm feels the same power wise (its always pulled hard to redline with stock tune, hard to tell any difference here)
- 2k and up torque is noticeably better. Even easier to spin tires and fishtail pulling out now. I've had to adjust my muscle memory in my foot. I was used to giving about half throttle to get the car up and going. Now its 1/4 or less and your gone.
- idle is smoother
- hwy mpg went up 1-2 (With my commute I can quickly tell any change in mpg)
- cold start is quieter and less dramatic
- I love the new programming for the A10. The aggressive upshifting in normal mode is gone and much more eager to downshift. Sport+ and everything above that is even more aggressive if thats possible.

I agree with most other posters that said the 20 hp or whatever is not worth $1k so if that is what your looking for then you probably won't be happy.

But for me the 20 hp plus all the other improvements to drivability and shifting I feel that it was worth the $1k.

I'll answer anything else about it.
Pete

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Thanks Pete, I'm glad to hear feedback from someone with the A10.
Sponsored