Sponsored

Ford Performance Tune for 2018+ GT

TRPCANA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
well to update the dealership hasnt really given up but i told them after a week i wanted the car back so we went back to stock, the support center was starting to dick around and suggest stupid things like "is the obd cable plugged in all the way, etc". Essentially everything they could do to deflect sending a new procal. The dealer advised that this is common when the support center is dealing with the dealerships and the customers themselves usually have much less a hassle, so i will be calling and trying to get a new procal sent out myself. So far this whole process has been awful for just 20hp and 40tq and made me several times just want to say fuck it and go to a lund tune like my 18 was but i really want that warranty, so ill give it one more shot.
Sponsored

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
^^ sux to hear, did you buy from a vendor on the forum? I am sure they will help with any returns or a defective Pro Cal. Or was it through the same dealer that tried installing? Anyway, good luck and stuff like this happens sometimes

Cobrakit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PREMIUM PP1
I've had good luck with FRPP tech guys. Not saying that PROCAL couldn't be bad, but I would also confirm that VIN is associated with voucher, just to remove that as a possible cause.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
well to update the dealership hasnt really given up but i told them after a week i wanted the car back so we went back to stock, the support center was starting to dick around and suggest stupid things like "is the obd cable plugged in all the way, etc". Essentially everything they could do to deflect sending a new procal. The dealer advised that this is common when the support center is dealing with the dealerships and the customers themselves usually have much less a hassle, so i will be calling and trying to get a new procal sent out myself. So far this whole process has been awful for just 20hp and 40tq and made me several times just want to say fuck it and go to a lund tune like my 18 was but i really want that warranty, so ill give it one more shot.
That experience sucks sorry to hear it. And the underwhelming performance aside, you still should not have to jump through those kind of hoops. Hopefully your experience dealing with them directly gets better...

TRPCANA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
^^ sux to hear, did you buy from a vendor on the forum? I am sure they will help with any returns or a defective Pro Cal. Or was it through the same dealer that tried installing? Anyway, good luck and stuff like this happens sometimes

bought from levitown, not their fault at all they are just a vendor.

Sponsored

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
I just installed the M-9603-M8B kit today. Finished in about an hour. Connected Pro Cal to my computer, created an account, downloaded the updates and app and the performance tune, plugged into my car and saved the stock tune then flashed the performance tune. Man the car is so much more lively at 2000 RMP. It should have come this way from the factory.

PS- The instructions for the Pro Cal could have been better. I'm a computer guy and figured it out pretty quickly.

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
bought from levitown, not their fault at all they are just a vendor.
The instructions for the Pro Cal were practically non-existent. First I created an account and logged into the the Ford Performance site. I went to Account and clicked Pro Cal and then clicked Register Pro Cal and it asked me for the voucher ID. I entered the voucher ID and then it showed my tune. I clicked to download the software. Once the software was installed on the computer, I connected the Pro Cal to the USB port. When I opened the Pro Cal application with the Pro Cal connected, a small box popped up and asked me if I wanted to log into the Ford Performance website. I put in my email address, password, and voucher ID. As soon as I did that, the application added the performance tune to my tuner. I disconnected the tuner from my computer and connected it to my car. It asked if I wanted to save the stock tune, so I did that. Once I saved the stock tune, I told the Pro Cal to flash the performance tune. It took about 3 minutes, and everything was done. She runs so much better now. The extra 42 ft-lbs (maybe) at 2000 RPM makes a huge difference in around town driving.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
The instructions for the Pro Cal were practically non-existent. First I created an account and logged into the the Ford Performance site. I went to Account and clicked Pro Cal and then clicked Register Pro Cal and it asked me for the voucher ID. I entered the voucher ID and then it showed my tune. I clicked to download the software. Once the software was installed on the computer, I connected the Pro Cal to the USB port. When I opened the Pro Cal application with the Pro Cal connected, a small box popped up and asked me if I wanted to log into the Ford Performance website. I put in my email address, password, and voucher ID. As soon as I did that, the application added the performance tune to my tuner. I disconnected the tuner from my computer and connected it to my car. It asked if I wanted to save the stock tune, so I did that. Once I saved the stock tune, I told the Pro Cal to flash the performance tune. It took about 3 minutes, and everything was done. She runs so much better now. The extra 42 ft-lbs (maybe) at 2000 RPM makes a huge difference in around town driving.
Thought had to take procal to car first to get stock tune off to upload to FP to get the tune specific to your car? Something to do with getting your stock tune to FP server and also writing and creating the proper tune specs for your vin? or is this just a canned tune you instantly just get off FP without the procal ever touching your car in the first place?

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
Thought had to take procal to car first to get stock tune off to upload to FP to get the tune specific to your car? Something to do with getting your stock tune to FP server and also writing and creating the proper tune specs for your vin? or is this just a canned tune you instantly just get off FP without the procal ever touching your car in the first place?
I think you're right. I think I did pull the stock tune first, then connected to the computer to transfer the performance tune. It was a blur. I'm old. The first laptop I put the software on didn't have any USB ports, so I had to get out another laptop. That laptop had not been turned on in several months and wouldn't charge. My wife was cooking me a frozen pizza. Ice was falling off the trees, and it was like a warzone. It was a crazy day.

Sponsored

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
Same here, i had to pull tune from car before i could download performance tune from web.
I just wish there had been instructions that explained the process. Overall, I figured it out, but it could have been easier.

I also wish the included suction cup windshield holder for the Pro Cal would stick to my windshield.

Cobrakit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PREMIUM PP1
I just wish there had been instructions that explained the process. Overall, I figured it out, but it could have been easier.
Agree!!! The old procal for my 2013 was a lot easier. Registered voucher and they sent sd card with performance tune to plug in procal, and procal was only storage for stock tune.

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
^^ they've updated the pro cal instructions since release back in May. Probably from all the complaining that the previous instructions sucked! Lol
Sponsored