Ford Performance Tune for 2018+ GT

Cobrakit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PREMIUM PP1
I got one of the first kits and above instructions have a few more notes and a picture of obdii port, that's what i was missing.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Muss Catt 19RR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium; 2018 F150, 2004 FXDL
2019 PP2 how do I know if there is an update. Had it installed yb a dealer one year ago

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
So the OEM tune stays in the Procal until the day you decide to re-load and return to stock configuration?

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT
Correct. It still bugs me there's no path for anyone else to purchase a new license for the tune. So if you wanted to return to stock and sell the whole kit, it's pretty much useless outside of the throttle body and intake which aren't going to do anyone any good without a/the tune.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Correct. It still bugs me there's no path for anyone else to purchase a new license for the tune. So if you wanted to return to stock and sell the whole kit, it's pretty much useless outside of the throttle body and intake which aren't going to do anyone any good without a/the tune.
Thanks for confirming. I agree it's stupid that the tune and kit can't be transferred later on. But I see why... Ford is protecting their intellectual property and ensuring sales for whole kits. It prevents people from buying the physical parts, installing them, then having friends or vendors with a Procal from sharing their tune with you or making a bit of unscrupulous cash. The way Ford has implemented it could have been better. There should be an option to unregister or transfer the tune/software to another vin thus disabling the previous VIN from being able to load the tune.

Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
What gets me is what if your car gets totaled and you want to transfer the old parts to your new car? How does that work?

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
What gets me is what if your car gets totaled and you want to transfer the old parts to your new car? How does that work?
If you contact Ford Performance and show proof of original car being totaled they will provide a new voucher code to use on same model car.

Cobrakit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PREMIUM PP1
Anybody experience a drop in mpg, is it just my right foot? About 2-3mpg less non freeway. I was expecting +1mpg based on 2013 GT FRPP tune i had.

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Anybody experience a drop in mpg, is it just my right foot? About 2-3mpg less non freeway. I was expecting +1mpg based on 2013 GT FRPP tune i had.
I honestly haven't tracked it too closely, but I will start paying attention.

FWIW I am getting about the same 220-230 per tank during the winter and local-only driving (virtually no highway at all) that I usually get according to my computer.

Sponsored

raydog1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
I've had this since last March and yep, the same for me as well. I'm blaming my foot...at least partially.

Stranger706

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT w/Roush SC
Ok so I wanted to get the tune ready for install tomorrow.

I’m stuck at uploading the stock tune to website. Everything went ok in the car, saving the stock tune to the procal. Now it won’t connect and upload to ford performance. Just says device not connected.

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
^^ look at the new instructions for the Proc Cal thet were posted on this thread a few days ago, maybe a week ago Hopefully that helps. Or they might be in the website too.

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT
Did anyone have an issue with the MAF wiring not reaching unless you unclip the grey connector attached to the driver's side fender? I'm not sure what that sensor is or if it needs to stay there, or if it can hang out anywhere in the engine bay. Maybe a temperature sensor? Or is it even used at all? It's weird, it's two connectors but one goes nowhere other than a really short loop of wire hanging out of it.

Just didn't want to have an issue if I move it elsewhere to avoid lengthening the MAF harness, if it's something like an impact sensor. Don't think it is though.

Screen_Shot_2021-02-27_at_5_44_06_PM.jpg
Sponsored