• Total voters

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
This topic reminds me of the drive-in restaurants with car hops, that everyone went to in the 50s and 60s, where they put the food tray on the driver's window. There is still one of those places around here... still has car hops, too. We went there a year or two ago, kind of a nostalgia thing. I can't see why we ever thought this was so great 60 years ago.
60 years ago cars exteriors weren't so fragile either. They were also an even greater symbol of freedom as public transportation was nowhere near where it is now right?
Sponsored

rxryanm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTP PP1
Mine's a daily driver, road tripper, what-have-you, so food and drinks are both definitely in it on the regular. I snack in it on trips, but I don't like whipping through fast food joints and getting a meal to eat in it (or any car where I'm driving, it's just not an enjoyable endeavor).

As a rule, I don't take selfies without pants.
Where's the fun in that??

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
60 years ago cars exteriors weren't so fragile either. They were also an even greater symbol of freedom as public transportation was nowhere near where it is now right?
I think public transportation varies a lot, depending on where you live. Around here, it was more convenient and safe 60 years ago.

Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I think public transportation varies a lot, depending on where you live. Around here, it was more convenient and safe 60 years ago.
It was before my time so guessed/asked. Funny that TV shows and movies portray it one way and if they're wrong, I wouldn't know. It's not like they cover how anal people were about car paint in history books and in movies they seemed not to care when the tray was set on their door with the side window rolled down.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
It's a mustang not a Ferrari, of course
I've come to realize it's not the car itself, it's how I feel about it. I don't even like my $600 bicycle getting scratched or overly dirty. If it was a Honda or Geo Metro, still no food or needless trash allowed.

jblue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2021 Twister Orange GT Premium 401A Ebony Stripes
Just the smell of food having been in my car is more than I can stand. I have to leave the windows down overnight if I bring home takeout. Especially if there's onions.
I keep a towel in the car to set any food bags/containers on in case they may leak, etc., so there is less chance of smelling anything after. Never eat in it. I really don't know how people do, unless you have hand sanitizer or something to wash your hands as I would not want to touch any controls with dirty hands.

itguy84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Premium
Hi everyone I'm new to the forum. I will be purchasing a new 2021 antimatter blue soon, had a 2019 velocity blue PP.

I was wondering, is anyone like me and for the first few months, I don't let anyone eat inside my new cars until I "break it in."

Just wanted to know what everyone else did. Are some religious about no food EVER; or do you eat McDonalds inside the first day your purchase.

PS. will be posting pics soon once I get mine delivered :)

I just ordered a Mach 1.. my 2019 Ecoboost Premium I ate in all the time, and allowed the kids to eat in it. I have already told them there will be no food in my new Mach 1. It will be drinks only, and the only food in there will be transported him in its original container. LOL

Sponsored

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
I used to not but I found myself rather inconvenienced by it. I cause more harm just sitting and sweating my butt off than a protein bar does. It may be time to look into decent seat covers... I was pleasantly surprised how the foam cloth cleaner restored some of the firmness to the seats but that affect won't last forever.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I used to not but I found myself rather inconvenienced by it. I cause more harm just sitting and sweating my butt off than a protein bar does. It may be time to look into decent seat covers... I was pleasantly surprised how the foam cloth cleaner restored some of the firmness to the seats but that affect won't last forever.
You don't use the A/C?

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
You don't use the A/C?
Not always, I enjoy the fresh air. Also old habits of my previous car that didn't have A/C. Regardless, post gym trips home are the biggest culprit.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Not always, I enjoy the fresh air. Also old habits of my previous car that didn't have A/C. Regardless, post gym trips home are the biggest culprit.
Figured gym. Probably the biggest pro to working out in my garage is not having to pull the car in till after I shower and cool off.
Sponsored