Sponsored

Where do you park your Mustang?

Suggs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang, v6, Performance Package
Hey guys,

I have lurked a long time on here and finally made an account. I have tried searching through the posts but either missed a thread about this or there isnt one.

My question to you guys is where do you park your mustangs at night? Does anyone street park their mustang every night? How does street parking make you guys feel?

I really want to buy an EB mustang since the 2015s came out last year but the one thing I havent been able to overcome is the street parking aspect of the vehicle. I realize it is just a vehicle and that if something were to happen, that is what insurance is for (knock on wood it isnt needed ever though). Scratches and dings will happen no matter what. I do feel though that I am missing out on a great chance to own a great car just because of this though.

Anyone have any input?

Thanks in advance guys.
Sponsored

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
3 car garage for the mutha farking win!!!!

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
I park it in a private underground garage near my house at night. Bought the spot specifically for this car. My last car was totalled while street parked. Not gonna happen to my new pony! Also it would have been parked under trees, which is horrible for the paint.

krahooligan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
please don't start this thread again. the other one was like 50 pages and resulted in people saying they spit on cars that are too close to them.

73MachI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT M6 PP ESP Magnetic
My question to you guys is where do you park your mustangs at night? Does anyone street park their mustang every night? How does street parking make you guys feel?

I really want to buy an EB mustang since the 2015s came out last year but the one thing I havent been able to overcome is the street parking aspect of the vehicle. I realize it is just a vehicle and that if something were to happen, that is what insurance is for (knock on wood it isnt needed ever though). Scratches and dings will happen no matter what. I do feel though that I am missing out on a great chance to own a great car just because of this though.

Anyone have any input?

Thanks in advance guys.
I can understand your reluctance. My DD sits out on the street and my Mustang is in my garage. Nothing has ever happened to my DD sitting out on the street, but maybe it's just a question of time and circumstance. Or maybe because no one wants to hit or mar an old DD.

I think you just need to weigh your wants versus needs and tolerance of risk and expected reaction to damage to your car in a vulnerable overnight spot.

Personally, I waited 3+ years for the S550 to come out to buy one, so I think I'd wait until I could afford either a more secure parking spot, or a new place to live that comes with a more secure parking spot if I were you.

Good luck dude

Sponsored

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Mine will be parked inside the house garage.

OP
OP

Suggs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
please don't start this thread again. the other one was like 50 pages and resulted in people saying they spit on cars that are too close to them.

I dont mean to start this thread again. Like I had said I had not seen it in my search of it. I dont condone spitting on any ones vehicle, nor would I do it.

Any help in pointing me to the other thread so that I can look at that one instead of continue this thread?

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
I can understand your reluctance. My DD sits out on the street and my Mustang is in my garage. Nothing has ever happened to my DD sitting out on the street, but maybe it's just a question of time and circumstance. Or maybe because no one wants to hit or mar an old DD.

I think you just need to weigh your wants versus needs and tolerance of risk and expected reaction to damage to your car in a vulnerable overnight spot.

Personally, I waited 3+ years for the S550 to come out to buy one, so I think I'd wait until I could afford either a more secure parking spot, or a new place to live that comes with a more secure parking spot if I were you.

Good luck dude
Street parking can be ok but i think it has a lot to do with where you live, what kind of neighbourhood you live in etc.

For instance, i have no problem leaving my Explorer out on the street, but then again i live in a crescent with only 17 residents.

Company truck stays out on the street 365 days a year even though i have room for 4 cars in my driveway.

OP
OP

Suggs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Street parking can be ok but i think it has a lot to do with where you live, what kind of neighbourhood you live in etc.

For instance, i have no problem leaving my Explorer out on the street, but then again i live in a crescent with only 17 residents.

Company truck stays out on the street 365 days a year even though i have room for 4 cars in my driveway.

I live pretty much in downtown Baltimore, so a little more than 17 residents, but it isnt a highly traveled road that I live on. People around are half careful for parking, other half are just average. Only time people really bump anyone is when they try to squeeze too 4 cars into an area that is big enough for 3.5 cars (if that is possible to have a .5 of a car).

Has anyone tried those bumper guards that look like a really heavy rubber? Do those work at all?

Sponsored

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
I wish I had room in my garage for my Mustang. As it is, my garage is full of motorcycles and tools and fabrication gear (see the "If it fits" thread).

I park my Mustang and Mazda6 (shared between my wife and me) in the driveway in a staggered formation so I can get a bike out if I like, and I keep my F150 parked in the street. It is, unfortunately, the best I can do. I really wish I had a much bigger garage.

Arsenalslr95

V6 Tactical Operator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Cyclone
under a 50ft tall sap leaking tree that towers over my driveway :(

I too have a garage, that is so full of stuff a car cant get in it until some serious re-arranging is done

Last edited:

Pintoracer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
15 V6 051A Deep Impact Blue Reverse sensors
Covered, reserved spot for my car in my apartment complex. Anyone else parks there, it's towed. Hope to have my own garage in a townhome real soon.

Jon|3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' 3.7 Mustang
outside as close to the house as i can:(

and I'm super paranoid so i leave my curtain open and wake up during the night to look outside :crazy:
Sponsored