Sponsored

Do you feel arrogant with your Mustang?

TheRedStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Red
Hey guys, I am 18 and own a new red v6. It's honestly been the nicest thing I have ever owned or purchased myself. I have around 8k miles so far. I am very boastful about my car and love to show it off and brag about it.

This is a serious post and I just want to reach out to see if anyone else sometimes feels the same way as I do whenever I am driving my Mustang. I will occasionally speed and usually when switching lanes I won't use my blinker because I feel a bit superior, to be honest. I will even roll my windows down and play music and will even look around to see if any eyes are on me. It's just a strong passionate feeling I have about my car. It's very similar to having a sexy supermodel as a wife and wanting to show her off to everyone. Admittedly it's quite a sad thing, but I use my 2015 Mustang to boost my ego A LOT. I like whenever I see people staring at my car and especially whenever I get compliments about it. It boosts my self-esteem a lot. I will sometimes even just "flash" my key fob with the Mustang logo side around my AMEX card whenever I am at check out at a store or getting food. I will even start my car automatically from the key whenever I see someone outside around it and get gratification whenever they see me get in the car.

One thing I have recently started doing is coming to a stop and down shifting using my paddle shifters and will sometimes even put my car in neutral and rev the engine up to the 4k RPM limiter and then drop it back in drive whenever I have to push the accelerator to move forward (because I have an automatic, of course.. But I do it safely, I wait until it revs back down and then put it back in drive). It's all about getting people to see the car with me in it.

Once again, I am 18 but I'm not wealthy by all means; I only have a mere $500 in the bank. I literally work for my car; live paycheck to paycheck and 80% of my income goes to the car.

Do you guys think it's a little bit too over the top or is it normal that I feel so passionate about my car?
Sponsored

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys, I am 18 and own a new red v6. It's honestly been the nicest thing I have ever owned or purchased myself. I have around 8k miles so far. I am very boastful about my car and love to show it off and brag about it.

This is a serious post and I just want to reach out to see if anyone else sometimes feels the same way as I do whenever I am driving my Mustang. I will occasionally speed and usually when switching lanes I won't use my blinker because I feel a bit superior, to be honest. I will even roll my windows down and play music and will even look around to see if any eyes are on me. It's just a strong passionate feeling I have about my car. It's very similar to having a sexy supermodel as a wife and wanting to show her off to everyone. Admittedly it's quite a sad thing, but I use my 2015 Mustang to boost my ego A LOT. I like whenever I see people staring at my car and especially whenever I get compliments about it. It boosts my self-esteem a lot. I will sometimes even just "flash" my key fob with the Mustang logo side around my AMEX card whenever I am at check out at a store or getting food. I will even start my car automatically from the key whenever I see someone outside around it and get gratification whenever they see me get in the car.

One thing I have recently started doing is coming to a stop and down shifting using my paddle shifters and will sometimes even put my car in neutral and rev the engine up to the 4k RPM limiter and then drop it back in drive whenever I have to push the accelerator to move forward (because I have an automatic, of course.. But I do it safely, I wait until it revs back down and then put it back in drive). It's all about getting people to see the car with me in it.

Once again, I am 18 but I'm not wealthy by all means; I only have a mere $500 in the bank. I literally work for my car; live paycheck to paycheck and 80% of my income goes to the car.

Do you guys think it's a little bit too over the top or is it normal that I feel so passionate about my car?
Are you serious or shitting us?

OP
OP

TheRedStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Red
Are you serious or shitting us?
No, I am being 100% honest. I knew some people would question the post because I guess from a normal persons perspective, it seems humorous/funny. But it's real to me personally.

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I haven't gotten my car yet, but I fully intend to do all the things you mentioned. But only moreso, because my GT is superior to your v6. Gotta let everyone know I'm tough since I have a v8. You understand, right? Of course you do.

BTW did you come over from a Camaro forum or dodge forum?

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I care about infotainment

Falcon01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost Premium PP Manual

Ummm, don't really know what to say. The thing is a lot of people don't really care about you or your car. I'm also 18, but don't show off with my car (or live paycheck to paycheck for that matter, a terrible idea btw). I got the car because I love how it looks and I love driving it. I could care less what others think. I do have some fun sometimes, but usually when there's no one around, safety is my priority. The car does boost your self esteem and ego, but I wouldn't get it just for other people to compliment you or stare when you're acting like an idiot at a red light revving it to 4k.

Either way, Good luck and Have Fun!

Also, stop doing selfish and dangerous things, especially near others. We don't want another wrecked S550, and I don't want you to give young guys with nice cars a bad name, although I fear it is too late for that already. You are not above the law and should follow it at all times. Always use your blinker when changing lanes. Speeding is OK, but only a modest amount when traffic permits. Don't be swerving in between cars.

EDIT: What AMEX card do you have? I would think that it's difficult to get an AMEX at 18. I only have a discover right now.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

OP
OP

TheRedStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Red
Did not come from any forums; this is just a cold post from my very own personal life. I really wish you guys would take it seriously.

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
I am very boastful about my car and love to show it off and brag about it.
I will occasionally speed and usually when switching lanes I won't use my blinker because I feel a bit superior, to be honest. I will even roll my windows down and play music and will even look around to see if any eyes are on me.
sounds like you're an asshole.

Sponsored

cognizantphotos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Please take that location off, makes the rest of us look bad.

OP
OP

TheRedStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Red
sounds like you're an asshole.
And I agree and I admit I am, the problem is, I truthfully can not help it because I just feel like it's the car that makes me that way. Whenever I drive my parents Chevy Cruze or my friends Sonata, I am very good at driving. I even noticed people tend to be aggressive TOWARDS ME in the Mustang than in any other regular car.. And that sometimes makes me spiteful and want to show out.

BlackS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 black s550 PP
lol @ people responding to the troll

OP
OP

TheRedStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Red
All I am asking is if anyone in here can relate to me. And if not, I need some advice on how to control this whole mentality I have because I know it's not healthy for me to be putting a materialistic object before other priorities. I realize it's a problem. That's why I am reaching out.
Sponsored