Do you drive in quiet mode?

txpat3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue PP1 5.0
Like others have said, Quiet mode early in the morning or late at night in my neighborhood. Otherwise it's always in Sport or Track.
Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
If I just want a quiet morning ill drive to work in Comfort/Quiet mode, but then sometimes when I'm wanting to speed I'll put it in track/quiet just so I can have fun and not be heard coming. It's also interesting to be blasting around so quick and not making much noise.

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
The great thing about driving in Quiet mode most of the time is it makes all the other modes seem louder.

OP
OP
jwt

jwt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt
Some great replies. Long story short I feel I can drive harder, without appearing to sound like it, in quiet mode.

Sponsored

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure how often I'd use quiet mode if I had active exhaust. Definitely cold starts and early morning departures. My Roush axle back isn't loud at low RPMs tooling through the neighborhood with a warm engine, so I would think normal mode would be quiet enough for most other situations.

rxryanm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTP PP1
Pretty much only during cold starts and just barely making it out of my driveway. Then I'll pop it to normal and that's fine in my mind for a morning commute.

BabyPanza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cheryl
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi SQ5
Quiet for us in neighborhood, normal or sport cruising around.

KnightStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT convertible
I just got the GT yesterday, and Im glad I can actually set the exhaust mode to Quiet and has Quiet start option.
(The next door neighbors are elderly and they’re like part of our family)
When I leave my block, then I can turn on the fun mode and set it back to normal or sport.👍😄

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Every day so far, lol. Loud leaving the neighborhood, after I get bored of it after a few minutes, it goes to quiet mode. No reason to always be obnoxious or uncomfortable. Sometimes it's fine but I've had my fill of loud all the time cars.

Sponsored

Kurt in VT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kurt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium, 2014 Toyota 4Runner
Still working from home these days, but if I were commuting at 7:00, I’d definitely be using quiet mode to keep the neighbors happy.

It’s also nice for long grinds on the interstate. Which makes the GT a surprisingly good all-arounder.

jblue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2021 Twister Orange GT Premium 401A Ebony Stripes
Quiet when in the neighborhood. Move to Normal when appropriate. Had a Magnaflow cat back on my 16. Too much noise when you didn't want it. The active exhaust is a perfect compromise.
Quiet mode = Del Webb mode: makes about as much noise as the golf carts in the hood. When I get to the gate I decide what mood/what mode. ;)
I love it. That's funny and I agree. This is my first real cool car I've ever had, and dig the active exhaust, and I prefer sport, but quiet on start up. It sounds so damn good, I wanna hear it all the time!

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I'm wondering how many of the respondents have manual transmissions.

I just love listening to these cars. I have a loud exhaust, but drive modestly around town. Still, except on long freeway drives, I don't let music drown out the exhaust. Even when I start up early in quiet mode, I switch to track when I get down the street. (When I notice a cop behind me, I surreptitiously switch to normal.)

Son of SVO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Ecoboost premium coupe
I only use quiet exhaust mode starting the car in the garage. As soon as it idles down it's back to normal. Normal drive mode in my neighborhood, the HPP active exhaust is pretty quiet at low revs in all modes. Higher rpm bark and burble increases through sport and track. Highway driving I have it in normal drive mode with comfort steering. Otherwise I use either sport+ or track modes. Been using track mode a lot lately. Seems to be the sweet spot all around for my HPP / HP. Lower tone with more bark on the exhaust than sport+.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Some great replies. Long story short I feel I can drive harder, without appearing to sound like it, in quiet mode.
I really like having quiet exhaust. One thing I used to hate about my GT350 is if you stepped on it too much the exhaust valves would open up and it would just blast the sound out.

I like stepping on it, but I'd really only prefer to have the car be loud when I'm on track. Most other times I like to hear the exhaust, but I don't need it to drown out everything or make my ears ring/give me hearing loss.
Sponsored